Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets

lethalweapon3

vor 5 Stunden, StephenHawking sagte:

We should've traded him to the nuggets for Nurkic plus x

Not a bad idea but Chriss is what the hawks need. High upside talent. btw I would love to play as 8th seed against Boston. 15th pick (Portland is 38-38 right now) and no pressure in the POs. We also have the pieces to trade 2-3 spots up.

Edited by ISOJOE

50 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Funny to see so many people now saying we should just miss the playoffs to get a better draft pick. I've been saying for awhile that we should have rebuilt after losing Al and that we completely botched this last offseason which was the perfect opportunity to start the rebuild. That said, I actually am in favor of still making the playoffs and just seeing how we perform. I think the playoffs would be good experience for Dennis and Prince (if Bud plays him). Also, the Hawks fan in me wants more games.

There's no late-lotto pick that going to fix what ails this team.  Missing the playoffs just exacerbates our problem(s).

6 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

Not a bad idea but Chriss is what the hawks need. High upside talent. btw I would love to play as 8th seed against Boston. 15th pick (Portland is 38-38 right now) and no pressure in the POs. We also have the pieces to trade 2-3 spots up.

Can you please explain this?  Just saying he 'has the tools' or 'potential' doesn't tell me anything?

Dude is just the latest in a long line of "tall, might can probably shoot a bit, could probably dribble a little bit .... oh, he must be the next Dirk Bosh!!!" guys.

EZPass.  Nothing to see here except a soon-to-be-fired GM for drafting/trading-for him.

vor 8 Minuten, kg01 sagte:

Can you please explain this?  Just saying he 'has the tools' or 'potential' doesn't tell me anything?

Dude is just the latest in a long line of "tall, might can probably shoot a bit, could probably dribble a little bit .... oh, he must be the next Dirk Bosh!!!" guys.

EZPass.  Nothing to see here except a soon-to-be-fired GM for drafting/trading-for him.

He didn’t start playing organized basketball until the age of 14 and he is not even 20 years old. The shooting form looks very solid and he knows how to use his athletism. JSmoove 2.0 :ninja:

2 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

He didn’t start playing organized basketball until the age of 14 and he is not even 20 years old. The shooting form looks very solid and he knows how to use his athletism. JSmoove 2.0 :ninja:

That's a negative IMHO.

You still haven't said anything useful about the guy.  That's my point.  We get enamored by these athletic guys and assume we can make them into basketball players.  Just because he's young doesn't mean he's going to develop into anything.  Like I said, he's more likely to be the next Noah Vonleh than the become anything worthy of trading a guy like Sap for him.

Why trade for him when we can just wait 'til the draft to pick the next "next big thing"?

That's a negative IMHO.

You still haven't said anything useful about the guy.  That's my point.  We get enamored by these athletic guys and assume we can make them into basketball players.  Just because he's young doesn't mean he's going to develop into anything.  Like I said, he's more likely to be the next Noah Vonleh than the become anything worthy of trading a guy like Sap for him.

Why trade for him when we can just wait 'til the draft to pick the next "next big thing"?

I said Chriss+x, anyway: he is already better than Vonleh and his skillset is rare. The opponents can't go small with him at PF. Just watch the tape.

6 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

I said Chriss+x, anyway: he is already better than Vonleh and his skillset is rare. The opponents can't go small with him at PF. Just watch the tape.

Being better than Vonleh is nothing to hang anyone's hat on.  Also, that's debatable.

His skillset isn't rare.  There have been a lot of guys who can look halfway competent on the college level and fool NBA guys into drafting them on potential.  See 'Williams, Marvin'.  Actually, it'd be a tremendous accomplishment for Criss to get to Marvin's level.  Let that sink in.

16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Welcome to the blow this bitch up fanclub. Me, @Hotlanta1981, @Alex and @JayBirdHawk are founding members. Honestly, outside of Sap, we don't have a single player I am confident is better than a 6th man on this roster. We need to just upgrade the talent. We need to get the best talent and potential there is. Get the player who you know could develop into a superstar. Don't waste resources of fits anymore. Without Al, nothing fits anymore. It's just time to focus on upgrading the talent. 

@NBASupes  I've never been a 'blow this bitch' up kinda gal...you have me confused with someone else.

How exactly do you KNOW that the player will develop into a Superstar?

It's hit or miss more often than not Wiggins, Parker, Embiid - which are Superstars leading there teams to the playoffs?  None.

I do agree the chances maybe be higher of getting a 'SUPERSTAR' drafting higher in the draft but there are no guarantees. 

11 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

"I think everyone is disappointed with the loss," Millsap said. "But at the end of the day, we have to get some wins. We know that. As long as everyone else keeps losing under us, we just have to make it to the playoffs. If we get there we feel like we have a really good chance."

Depending on other teams to lose instead of taking care of your own house is a losers mentality.  I don't like that.

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes  I've never been a 'blow this bitch' up kinda gal...you have me confused with someone else.

How exactly do you KNOW that the player will develop into a Superstar?

It's hit or miss more often than not Wiggins, Parker, Embiid - which are Superstars leading there teams to the playoffs?  None.

I do agree the chances maybe be higher of getting a 'SUPERSTAR' drafting higher in the draft but there are no guarantees. 

Depending on other teams to lose instead of taking care of your own house is a losers mentality.  I don't like that.

I don't love it either but it's true that those teams under us aren't taking advantage.

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

I don't love it either but it's true that those teams under us aren't taking advantage.

Well, that's on the other teams - take care of your own business.

11 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

Who've won last night against the Grizzlies lmao

They did win but I know they have been trying to tank based on their play and the fact that if they don't get a top 3 pick it goes to Philly. So the Lakers are the #1 tanking team in the league and should be. 

20 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Welcome to the blow this bitch up fanclub. Me, @Hotlanta1981, @Alex and @JayBirdHawk are founding members. Honestly, outside of Sap, we don't have a single player I am confident is better than a 6th man on this roster. We need to just upgrade the talent. We need to get the best talent and potential there is. Get the player who you know could develop into a superstar. Don't waste resources of fits anymore. Without Al, nothing fits anymore. It's just time to focus on upgrading the talent. 

Nothing fit with Al either.  He proved to be no obstacle to the Cavs in either of the last two playoff series.  He is a mediocre talent making max money.  We will like likely be one and done this year, just like last year.  Same outcome, even though "nothing fits" now.  You won't admit to it, but the absence of Teague has proven to be harder to overcome than losing Mr. 4 rebounds.

Edited by Watchman

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Nothing fit with Al either.  He proved to be no obstacle to the Cavs in either of the last two playoff series.  He is a mediocre talent making max money.  We will like likely be one and done this year, just like last year.  Same outcome, even though "nothing fits" now.  You won't admit to it, but the absence of Teague has proven to be harder to overcome than losing Mr. 4 rebounds.

We beat the Celtics in the first round last year before getting owned by Cleveland fwiw.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Watchman said:

You won't admit to it, but the absence of Teague has proven to be harder to overcome than losing Mr. 4 rebounds.

This team would be just as mediocre with your boy Teague and I guess you'd go to blaming the coach then...

49 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This team would be just as mediocre with your boy Teague and I guess you'd go to blaming the coach then...

You missed the point (as usual.)  You are now on record saying that you think Schröder and Delaney is better than Teague and Schröder.

4 minutes ago, Watchman said:

You missed the point (as usual.)  You are now on record saying that you think Schröder and Delaney is better than Teague and Schröder.

One was going to be traded no matter what happened. Sorry but Delaney was going to be your backup PG regardless.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Watchman said:

Teague has proven to be harder to overcome than losing Mr. 4 rebounds.

It's not the Teague factor as a stand alone, it's that we are at game 77 with no viable backup who is capable enough to get Dennis benched when he's struggling. Bud was able to bench Teague for Dennis, he has no one to turn to do the same with Dennis - that's on the front office.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's not the Teague factor as a stand alone, it's that we are at game 77 with no viable backup who is capable enough to get Dennis benched when he's struggling. Bud was able to bench Teague for Dennis, he has no one to turn to do the same with Dennis - that's on the front office.

Don't sleep on

IMG_9400.GIF

IMG_9401.GIF

IMG_9402.GIF

7 hours ago, Watchman said:

While Al is the glue and by far our best player we had since Nique, to act like moving from Jeff and Dennis to Dennis and trash isn't making a dent wouldn't be honest but let's be real. We are getting great bench production from Tim which replaces what we lost from Dennis off the bench but we can't replace Al. Then again, any team loses someone like Al, it will cause a ripple effect