• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Making His Story...

I suppose all the steals made it unique.

~lw3

That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen, especially after a loss.  That's akin to the Suns touting Booker's 70 .. and, obtw, we lost.

What kind of random combination of nimbers is that anyway.  May as well say OMFG!!!! so-and-so MADE NBA HISTORY!!!!! ... had 2 points, 0 threes, 5 reboards, 3 assists, 1 block and 8 claps ....

#Bawse_Downsized #MiddleManagementLaidOff .... :cool:

Bazemore needs to keep coming off the bench.

Prince was the man in that 1st half. As he gets stronger he'll be able to finish at the the rim through contact. He can get to the rim when he wants to. Tim was pretty good too.

The back to back baskets then the foul on Al had me snickering. With Tim and Prince in the lineup I would like to see more Dwight rebounds with the quick outlet pass for quick easy scores, they have the handles and athleticism for it to be effective.

We still lack a backup PG.

Moose's shot is broken, what the hell happened to it. He did have 2 big blocks.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Prince was the man in that 1st half. As he gets stronger he'll be able to finish at the the rim through contact. He can get to the rim when he wants to. Tim was pretty good too.

The back to back baskets then the foul on Al had me snickering. With Tim and Prince in the lineup I would like to see more Dwight rebounds with the quick outlet pass for quick easy scores, they have the handles and athleticism for it to be effective.

Moose's shot is broken, what the hell happened to it. He did have 2 big blocks.

I'm sensing a theme ....

I heard an interesting thing on the Seees a few days ago.  The analyst said, the main reason why they're winning so many games is effort.  They have consistent effort throughout the season that usually exceeds their opponent.  They go after it while many opponents either are going through the motions or are suffering from the doldrums of the league or w/e.

The analyst (pretty sure it was Eddie Johnson) went on to say STTE: "Well, in the playoffs, everybody's going after it.  Everybody's effort is maxed out so this advantage fades and the flaws in their roster are exposed"

I think that's pretty accurate.  Their second unit can't score.  Marcus notso-Smart had a career night from 3 last night and that was the only reason they were able to remain in contact with us when their 1 scorer sat.

Also, Taurean really put his ... Printz on the game early.

9 hours ago, JTB said:

my favorite moment was when horford was subbed back in the game i believe in the 3rd and got all the boos from our fans (you could actually hear it on tv! Believe that or not), then bud throws Howard back in the game and you hear this loud chant from our fans for D8.....and boom Howard goes right at horford with power, size, and just man handles horford twice inside the paint back to back and draws a foul on horford for his 5th.

Have to agree whole heartedly that was definitely the best stretch for me this season because of it being so late in this painful year, Boston's seeding and well Al, IT and The Greenies just piss me off easily as much as Ainge did with them on the floor years ago. Fairly serious hate going on. At least we won't hear the media talk about Al lifting his teammates for this one. 

• Like 2

What a wonderful win... here's my thoughts...

Bad

Muscala's offense. Idk what happened to him in comparison to his earlier season production. He looked lost offensively 

Dunleavy being on the court period. He provides nothing 

Dwight not getting more minutes. When Boston was making there run we should've subbed him back in and absolutely abused them back down to a 20 point lead, but I can't complain we got the win. 

Good

Jose played some solid minutes 

Love bringing Sap AND Baze off the bench. Gives the starting lineup more spacing and the bench necessary added depth. Keep it this way coach. 

Schröder being the silent killer. Yeah he didn't blow up and drop 25+ like last time but when they kept cutting into it him and Sap were there to halt their runs 

Sap welcome back. 

Point Baze actually worked last night with the 2nd unit. Wouldn't mind seeing more of that. 

Freaking Amazing

Dwight absolutely bullying Horford in the 3rd

DS17 crossing up Bradley

Prince going complete Kawhi mode in that 1st half 

Muscala's defense looked like Mutombo 

Defensive effort in general was there you could tell they wanted this one. 

DJ Foster as always

Roughing up the C's in general. Sure we got in foul trouble but we let them know there are no bitches on this roster. Had Crowder,IT,and Horf just frustrated and hobbled in that game 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

1 block and 8 claps

Imagine there are some fans up there in Boston that watch that stat because of season long frustration with Al and his rebounding. Thats 3.25 million dollars per clap right there if that is what he is averaging. Think its probably a whole lot more claps per game average though.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No way Jose is our guy in the playoffs. He's been there before and I feel pretty comfortable with ole there. I realize he has lost a step (not too fast to begin with I just mean older I guess) but he is still a 40%+ 3 point shooter and a 90%+ ft shooter which will be huge to close out some close games in the playoffs.

I realize people may be a little hesitant and understandably so but I have a feeling we might be pleasantly surprised with Jose.

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Dwight not getting more minutes. 

Several reasons:

Bud was matching up Dwight on Horford. With Horfy with 5 fouls and not in game. Also down the stretch - Dwight and foul shooting.

We have another game tonight and Millsap won't be playing so we'll need Dwight.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We have another game tonight and Millsap won't be playing so we'll need Dwight.

A tough one at that. We seem to matchup well with the Cavs but due to last night's action and the fact that they are rested and at home with a chance to almost clinch the #1 seed with a win, we may be in line for a whoopin tonight. :-(

32 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

No way Jose is our guy in the playoffs. He's been there before and I feel pretty comfortable with ole there. I realize he has lost a step (not too fast to begin with I just mean older I guess) but he is still a 40%+ 3 point shooter and a 90%+ ft shooter which will be huge to close out some close games in the playoffs.

I realize people may be a little hesitant and understandably so but I have a feeling we might be pleasantly surprised with Jose.

He is a leader and has that veteran savvy, you can tell.  Love seeing him the first off the bench after a timeout supporting his teammates.

He's not great on D but he hasn't been exposed as bad as Malcolm was I feel like.  He can definitely handle and move the ball on offense which is a plus for me, he doesn't have to score.  Any points he gives us is just icing on the cake.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

He is a leader and has that veteran savvy, you can tell.  Love seeing him the first off the bench after a timeout supporting his teammates.

He's not great on D but he hasn't been exposed as bad as Malcolm was I feel like.  He can definitely handle and move the ball on offense which is a plus for me, he doesn't have to score.  Any points he gives us is just icing on the cake.

My thoughts exactly. There is ALWAYS a chance that a player will make a mental mistake in a big situation in the playoffs. In this case, I'd take my chances with Jose over Delaney by a mile. We are in good hands with Calderon. Ersan and Jose to save the day!