Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Incredible how many Hawks Fans are hating on Dennis. But if you don't understand that you have to run picknrolls up to vomiting with him as your primary ballhandler I don't know what to respond. Bud has to make adjustments. Trade Dennis or build your offense on Schröder picknrolls (if Howard refuses to be the rollman replace him)

11 minutes ago, Thomas said:

On the even more positive side what does Lue say in the locker room after this and in the post game presser. More BS from an ex ball hogging pg and very average coach.

Before ISO Joe . . . it was ISO Lue.   While Dominique is the Grandfather of the ISO, Lue was the Uncle.  19 dribbles . . . wave people around, acting like he'll pass them the ball . . . make a move . . . shoot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

Incredible how many Hawks Fans are hating on Dennis. But if you don't understand that you have to run picknrolls up to vomiting with him as your primary ballhandler I don't know what to respond. Bud has to make adjustments. Trade Dennis or build your offense on Schröder picknrolls (if Howard refuses to be the rollman replace him)

Dennis' main problem is fighting through screens.  Irving had wide open looks way too many times.   He and Delaney get caught up on screens too much.  THJ as well, but not as much.

• Like 1

vor 4 Minuten, TheNorthCydeRises sagte:

Dennis' main problem is fighting through screens.  Irving had wide open looks way too many times.   He and Delaney get caught up on screens too much.  THJ as well, but not as much.

Irving scored 10 points with Dennis defending him. edit: he blocked him once

Edited by ISOJOE

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Before ISO Joe . . . it was ISO Lue.   While Dominique is the Grandfather of the ISO, Lue was the Uncle.  19 dribbles . . . wave people around, acting like he'll pass them the ball . . . make a move . . . shoot.

He's finding out coaching is just as hard if not so much more. If LeBron was not LeBron the Raptors would have faced the Warriors last year in the finals. Not a huge surprise though. 

• Like 3

vor 3 Minuten, TheNorthCydeRises sagte:

Where do you see that at?  Is there a link for that?

No link. two layups and two threes. On one three you could even say that Baze has to switch. If I remember correctly. edit: I forgot two FTs, so 12 is the maximum

Edited by ISOJOE

14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Where do you see that at?  Is there a link for that?

Are you suggesting a Hots or Supes unsubstantiated style post with zero links? I'm aghast dude.

1 minute ago, Wretch said:

Doesn't matter if it's a player I support or a GM that I hate......I'm letting everyone know right now, the Hawks' success/failure is some how attuned to my fandom.

Then please God stay a hardcore fan.

9 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

I love Dennis, and while he isn't the only problem, I think he does a poor job with his shot selection. He's one of our best scorers but I feel that sometimes he kills the ball movement.

Our offense is at its best when we have solid ball movement and we don't get that from (as our PG) consistently. He will bring the ball up and look for his shot too much. Learning when we need him to look for his shot and when he shouldn't is something that we need to happen. He's young and I think all of this is part of the learning process he is going through in his first season being our starting PG.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cam1218 said:

Our offense is at its best when we have solid ball movement and we don't get that from (as our PG) consistently.

With you and love Dennis but the Junkyard Dawg doesn't cover an entire NBA game and especially with our style of ball movement system. He helps tons but coaching has to rule some of his future if its here.  

After everything said its just a crazy, crazy and very rewarding win in the East against that guy so very late in our season this year. We're weird but we have some stuff. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I freakin' swear man............................LOL

The Hawks trend exactly opposite of how I feel about them.  Tune into a big game with high expectations...they lay a freakin' egg.  Miss a game that I know we're going to lose...best game of the season.  Give up on them completely, they go to the ECF's.  Put my faith in the Hawks, they flounder.

Doesn't matter if it's a potential lottery pick we're getting from a trade or rooting for us to win a particular playoff seed.

Doesn't matter if it's a player I support or a GM that I hate......I'm letting everyone know right now, the Hawks' success/failure is some how attuned to my fandom.

That is all.

Oh...and I turned this game off after the half when we went down by like 19.

The life of being a Hawks fan thru and thru.