• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

John Wall is one of the most talented, yet most immature players in the league.  That he (they) haven't had a blowup in a few weeks is pure happenstance.  They've gotta do it for more than half-a-season for me to accept that they're "figured it out".

He's done it for most of the season. They have grown up and are letting their play do the talking for them and as it turns out, they are very good.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He's done it for most of the season. They have grown up and are letting their play do the talking for them and as it turns out, they are very good.

You speak in definites when it comes to Hawk rivals but everything is up in the air w.r.t. the Hawks?  Hmmm

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You speak in definites when it comes to Hawk rivals but everything is up in the air w.r.t. the Hawks?  Hmmm

I'll be happy if I'm wrong but the Hawks are likely to lose and lose badly against the Wizards if the series happens. 4 game sweep with two blowouts.

Edited by Lurker

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'll be happy if I'm wrong but the Hawks are likely to lose and lose badly against the Wizards if the series happens. 4 game sweep with two blowouts.

I kinda doubt this part.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

C'mon now.... This is like everyone talking about how Boston is a lock to get to the ECF despite the fact that they haven't won a single playoff series as a group yet. Sure - Washington will be favored, but I don't anticipate this Hawks team getting swept by anyone to be honest (yes even the Cavs).

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I kinda doubt this part.

Yes, I will be happy but this team has made me very pessimistic. I see a sweep and a series that is not even close.

And you admitting that you're 100% wrong on Wall.

Edited by Lurker

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yes, I will be happy but this team has made me very pessimistic. I see a sweep and a series that is not even close.

And you admitting that you're 100% wrong on Wall.

Nah, I kinda think Hawk losses fuel your soul.

And what's this about Johnny Wall?

11 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

C'mon now.... This is like everyone talking about how Boston is a lock to get to the ECF despite the fact that they haven't won a single playoff series as a group yet. Sure - Washington will be favored, but I don't anticipate this Hawks team getting swept by anyone to be honest (yes even the Cavs).

Man, I nearly fell out of my chair when I heard Scalabrine say this morning that, if they faced the Hawks, they'd get put out in the 1st round.

I was like ...

Karate Chop

If the Seeees hang onto the #1 seed, they'll be the weakest 1-seed in the history of modern sports.  The list of teams that can't oust them in round 1 is .... shiiii, I can't think of any team that I can't conceivably see ousting them in round 1.

Yeah, after seeing that gif, all y'all are like ...

saw some weird shit

These gifs are being brought to you by @Sothron

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This is such a bizarre prediction.   Especially since Atlanta is the hot team of the 2.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

This is such a bizarre prediction.   Especially since Atlanta is the hot team of the 2.

It's only odd if it's coming from a Hawks fan.

Shhhhh ... shhh .. let it sink in, Peo.

I am a Hawks fan. Sorry but I'm completely pessimistic about this team. I'm going to be happy if I'm wrong but a first round exit is very likely for numerous reasons. A sweep is likely if Bud doesn't stop with this big rotation thing that he's done lately. Not a blowout sweep but a sweep nonetheless. 

Its not like this team is actually 'good' this year. It might be the weakest of the Bud teams.

Limit the rotation to 8-9 and the Hawks will be out in 6/7. Big rotation and it'll be 4/5.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I am a Hawks fan. Sorry but I'm completely pessimistic about this team. I'm going to be happy if I'm wrong but a first round exit is very likely for numerous reasons. A sweep is likely if Bud doesn't stop with this big rotation thing that he's done lately. Not a blowout sweep but a sweep nonetheless. 

Its not like this team is actually 'good' this year. It might be the weakest of the Bud teams.

Limit the rotation to 8-9 and the Hawks will be out in 6/7. Big rotation and it'll be 4/5.

You have some very strong baseless opinions...Just curious, why do you think the Wizards are so much better than the Hawks other than they don't have Howard on their team?

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You have some very strong baseless opinions...Just curious, why do you think the Wizards are so much better than the Hawks other than they don't have Howard on their team?

Y'all are going to see. The Morris twin helps completely negate Paul Millsap's major positive effects on the Hawks. And so it lands on the backcourt from there and as we've seen, while they're nice and can likely match stats wise, they won't lead you to victories on their own unless they are really hot.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Y'all are going to see. The Morris twin helps completely negate Paul Millsap's major positive effects on the Hawks. And so it lands on the backcourt from there and as we've seen, while they're nice and can likely match stats wise, they won't lead you to victories on their own unless they are really hot.

What about their bench?

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Lurker said:

And by the way, this team now is so much more cohesive than the teams that played Washington earlier in the year.  Plus several players have matured like THjr and Prince.  Even Howard's post moves are much better.

20 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

lmao at thinking a player of Morris caliber will COMPLETELY NEGATE Millsap's impact in a 7 game series. 

Maybe not negate, but a better way to put is shrink it to where it's not as big as an advantage as it was in the past. The Hawks are 2-5 against the Wizards since they acquired Morris and Millsap has shown he can't stop Morris because oh wait, he's a stretch big man.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Maybe not negate, but a better way to put is shrink it to where it's not as big as an advantage as it was in the past. The Hawks are 2-5 against the Wizards since they acquired Morris and Millsap has shown he can't stop Morris because oh wait, he's a stretch big man.

So you can't acknowledge that the Hawks are a different team now than what they were earlier in the season.  Even with the growth of several young players and the addition of vets like Ilyasova and Calderon?  You are a brick wall when it come to objectively evaluating this team.

• Like 1