• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We didn't think you could handle (lol, he said 'handle') the noods.

It's not 'anger', it's delusion.  Opinions like yours is what's driving it.

Why is she worried, when we got D8 to handle the Polish Hammer?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Korver became easy to guard this year because he lost a step and the book on KK was play him close. He couldn't handle the ball which limited what else he was able to contribute. 

Having to guard THjr and even Prince who both have a variety of ways to score as opposed to guarding KK and Thabo who are oretty one dimensiol is different.

It seems like Ilyasova is not shooting as well but still is a threat to get on a hot streak and a guy teams know you can't leave alone on perimeter, so that is another weapon then Moose seems to have found his stroke and is playing average defense lately too!

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We didn't think you could handle (lol, he said 'handle') the noods.

It's not 'anger', it's delusion.  Opinions like yours is what's driving it.

They were fueled in a bad way last year. This year, they've been fueled in a good way about their anger on 2015. This will be ugly unless Taurean grows up in a hurry and Bazemore doesn't act like he has no brain.

Edited by Lurker

33 minutes ago, marco102 said:

In 2015, you had Kyle Korver who couldn't create his own shot!  Bradley Beal did NOT fair well against THjr during the last game we played.   However, Beal shut Korver down in 2015. I don't see an ugly sweep.  It'll be a very good series. If the Hawks hit their shots, it very well could be an ugly sweep by the Hawks. 

I agree with @marco102 wholeheartedly!

You will never have an idea of how a playoff series is going to go until it happens. Once we get there, Porter will likely be on Hardaway Jr, and he and Wall are their good defenders, and I mean they're very good at defense when they're motivated. They are not good defensively as a team, but they have good defenders that can lock the Hawks biggest perimeter threats.

I mean Taurean would have to grow up in a HURRY (he'd have to play like Boston/Memphis every game) and Bazemore would have to play like first half 15/16 Bazemore, and even then it might just make the series a 7 game series. If neither happens, an ugly sweep is on the way for the Hawks.

19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

You will never have an idea of how a playoff series is going to go until it happens. Once we get there, Porter will likely be on Hardaway Jr, and he and Wall are their good defenders, and I mean they're very good at defense when they're motivated. They are not good defensively as a team, but they have good defenders that can lock the Hawks biggest perimeter threats.

I mean Taurean would have to grow up in a HURRY (he'd have to play like Boston/Memphis every game) and Bazemore would have to play like first half 15/16 Bazemore, and even then it might just make the series a 7 game series. If neither happens, an ugly sweep is on the way for the Hawks.

Porter is now an all world defender?  :blink:

You were the one that stated it would go like the 15 playoffs. I was just pointing out the fact that you can't guard the Hawks the same way.  Porter was put on THjr too and THjr still scored 29 pts in the last game.  I get it Washington is a tough match up, but it's not like they are Golden state where they have mismatches across the board.  If you hold Wall and Beal in check, there's nothing about that team that scares anyone.  

They are also TURRIBLE defensively! 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Porter is now an all world defender?  :blink:

You were the one that stated it would go like the 15 playoffs. I was just pointing out the fact that you can't guard the Hawks the same way.  Porter was put on THjr too and THjr still scored 29 pts in the last game.  I get it Washington is a tough match up, but it's not like they are Golden state where they have mismatches across the board.  If you hold Wall and Beal in check, there's nothing about that team that scares anyone.  

They are also TURRIBLE defensively! 

Porter is an outstanding defender. He has a history of completely quieting guys that are going off. He wasn't on Hardaway Jr that much in the last game.

They're bad defensively? So? They may be bad (they are) but Porter and Wall will lock Hardaway Jr and Schröder and that's the Hawks only threats on the perimeter.

Edited by Lurker

44 minutes ago, Lurker said:

They were fueled in a bad way last year. This year, they've been fueled in a good way about their anger on 2015. This will be ugly unless Taurean grows up in a hurry and Bazemore doesn't act like he has no brain.

They're not fueled by anything Hawks-related.  They're fueled by imaginary chips on their shoulder.  It's perhaps their biggest skrength and their biggest weakness.  But, no, it's not Hawks-related.  It's related to every point guard's contract, it's motivated by any perceived slight, etc.  They're a very immature and combustible bunch which is either really good or very bad for them.

28 minutes ago, Lurker said:

You will never have an idea of how a playoff series is going to go until it happens.

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Porter and Wall will lock Hardaway Jr and Schröder and that's the Hawks only threats on the perimeter.

How do you know that if we have no idea how a playoff series is going to go?

giphy.gif

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Porter is an outstanding defender. He has a history of completely quieting guys that are going off. He wasn't on Hardaway Jr that much in the last game.

They're bad defensively? So? They may be bad (they are) but Porter and Wall will lock Hardaway Jr and Schröder and that's the Hawks only threats on the perimeter.

To quote a famous basketball wife,  Otto Porter was a non motherfreaking factor in the 2015 playoffs.  John wall can not and has not kept Dennis out the lane.  Where is all this coming from?  These are all hypotheticals you are coming up with.  

It's not the periemeter match up I'm worried about with the Wizards.  It's the fact the the Morris guy seems to play lights out and he guards Milsap pretty decently.  

I'm in agreement with you that Washington is a tough match, but who you are talking about shutting down the respective Hawks player is completely inaccurate.   What Washington does well against the Hawks is attack the PnR and pull up in the midrange due to Dwight sagging off.   I trust Bud to adjust that in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

To quote a famous basketball wife,  Otto Porter was a non motherfreaking factor in the 2015 playoffs.  John wall can not and has not kept Dennis out the lane.  Where is all this coming from?  These are all hypotheticals you are coming up with.  

It's not the periemeter match up I'm worried about with the Wizards.  It's the fact the the Morris guy seems to play lights out and he guards Milsap pretty decently.  

I'm in agreement with you that Washington is a tough match, but who you are talking about shutting down the respective Hawks player is completely inaccurate.   What Washington does well against the Hawks is attack the PnR and pull up in the midrange due to Dwight sagging off.   I trust Bud to adjust that in the playoffs. 

Another key is limiting turnovers. we don't need any lackadaisical passes from Dennis because Wall and Beal will be off to the races for easy offense for them. Keep them in the halfcourt and when D8 is in the game vs Gortat we should be able to clean up the defensive glass.

• Like 1

Just now, turnermx said:

Another key is limiting turnovers. we don't need any lackadaisical passes from Dennis because Wall and Beal will be off to the races for easy offense for them. Keep them in the halfcourt and when D8 is in the game vs Gortat we should be able to clean up the defensive glass.

I completely agree with this. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I completely agree with this. 

I agree with you too the worst matchup for us is not in the backcourt its Sap vs Morris. Bud needs to make an adjustment there, using Millsap off the ball maybe, no 1 v 1 iso on Morris.

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

They're not fueled by anything Hawks-related.  They're fueled by imaginary chips on their shoulder.  It's perhaps their biggest skrength and their biggest weakness.  But, no, it's not Hawks-related.  It's related to every point guard's contract, it's motivated by any perceived slight, etc.  They're a very immature and combustible bunch which is either really good or very bad for them.

Sounds like the 2015-2016 Wizards.

That's not the 2016-2017 Wizards. They have really grown up and let their play on the court do the talking instead of talk themselves.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Sounds like the 2015-2016 Wizards.

That's not the 2016-2017 Wizards. They have really grown up and let their play on the court do the talking instead of talk themselves.

John Wall is one of the most talented, yet most immature players in the league.  That he (they) haven't had a blowup in a few weeks is pure happenstance.  They've gotta do it for more than half-a-season for me to accept that they're "figured it out".