• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is such an unusual fan base.  It seems as though emotions are hard to control here.  If someone likes a player and he has a bad game or even week, he is forgiven and vice versa.  Howard had been great down the stretch...He has improved his post moves and is putting in the effort on defense but yet posters want to continue to hold those earlier game against him.  Kinda reminds me of playoff Teague hate.  I'm with @Spud2Niqueand @LamarHampton in being very optimistic about this team in the playoffs because it versatility which is unlike year's past.

I don't even know who you are anymore, Peo.

Seriously though, we appear to be ramping up going into the playoffs rather than petering out which is how we were the last 2 years.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Seriously though, we appear to be ramping up going into the playoffs rather than petering out which is how we were the last 2 years.

I've said most of the season that we have the pieces to win...The thing that I have been most worried about is Bud and his erratic use of personnel in the past.   Even he seems to have improved upon his in game coaching but I'm still wary of him in playoff situations.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I've said most of the season that we have the pieces to win...The thing that I have been most worried about is Bud and his erratic use of personnel in the past.   Even he seems to have improved upon his in game coaching but I'm still wary of him in playoff situations.

It kinda looks like the no-starter game vs CLE opened their eyes to how they could be playing.  Hopefully they can keep it up.  If they play that way, they're dangerous.

Eddie Johnson, who's a Lebron apologist/psychophant, yesterday said the Hawks have pieces that could really give CLE trouble.  He sounded scared which is a tremendous departure for him.

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This.  good to see the bench looking like they did to start the season. I think having a vets like Jose and yes Doneleavey will help in the playoffs.  By themselves they may not be special but to run and understand the offense  in the playoffs will be big.

We went from Scott and Splitter riding the pine to Ersan and Jose.  Thabo and Baze are where they belong - playing from the bench. If Moose has regained his confident shooting we'll be good.

We have been clamoring all  season for the Dennis, Thjr, Prince, Sap and Dwight starting lineup.   we've had it for 2 games.  Finally. Just need to keep moving the ball.

We are ending the season how we started - HAWT HAWT!!!!  Good way to be.

• Moderators

Love the new starting lineup : Dennis/Tim/Prince/Sap/Howard.    

Obviously Ersan/Baze/Moose have established themselves as 6-8

My question is who else gets time in the playoffs?   Jose or Delaney, Dunleavy or Thabo,  Will Bembry or Hump see the floor?

56 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Love the new starting lineup : Dennis/Tim/Prince/Sap/Howard.    

Obviously Ersan/Baze/Moose have established themselves as 6-8

My question is who else gets time in the playoffs?   Jose or Delaney, Dunleavy or Thabo,  Will Bembry or Hump see the floor?

Please No way(Jose) over DelaneySux.  We may need Thabo (vs WAS) to harrass Wall or Beal.  Honestly, I may prefer Bembry if he can carry his calm/cool defense over into the playoffs.  That'd be a gutsy play.

Also agree with @Dnice and his janky avatar.  Glad to see no letdown vs CHA.  Sap appears to be playing angry ... I likes.

3 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

To me Dwight is a match up nightmare in the right situation. Against Tristan Thompson, gotta, Zeller, amir Johnson, Whiteside, Turner he is going to be a major asset. Against a small stretch center.... Not so much and he should ride the bench more.  He is an important piece, that when used in the right situation, is a game changer. 

I don't get all the hatred. 

Edit... I use the word nightmare loosely. Mainly it will be nightmarish in the paint when you play the hawks when compared to the Charmin soft forward - center  we had last year. 

Wow, you said it perfectly.  I'm no Dwight lover by any means and this is no longer a big mans league like it used to be, but he still serves a purpose.

At the end of the day, he gives us flexibility and a piece we have been missing in years past.  The game slows down in the playoffs and if it becomes a grind-it-out affair, he is exactly what we will need.

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

So Baze is TWICE the player Lamb is?

I don't think so.

NBA math don't work like that and you know it.  Shiiiiii, Joe Johnson was making more than Lebron for a couple years.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

NBA math don't work like that and you know it.  Shiiiiii, Joe Johnson was making more than Lebron for a couple years.

Ok I'll give ya that but Lamb in our system is better than Bazemore in our system but not as good as OJ Mayo, Al Horford or Bam Adebayo in our system..

Ponder that for a sec...

18 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ok I'll give ya that but Lamb in our system is better than Bazemore in our system but not as good as OJ Mayo, Al Horford or Bam Adebayo in our system..

Ponder that for a sec...

What the ... I'm lost.  Guys, Spud2's having a mental breakdown!!  Help!

8 minutes ago, Thomas said:

You two should get a Sirius Radio show or something. Jeez. By sirius I mean comedy of course.

He would be the beetlejuice to my Howard...:-|