• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

So just to show y'all that thought Bud didn't learn from his past playoff mishaps

ViewsFromTheSquawk

31 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I say 10 deep add Moose that. If he's hitting his shots he's an asset. 

Not only that, with Mahinmi sidelined Jason Smith will get the backup C minutes. If Dwight can't defend him.on the perimter and his cutting to the basket Moose will be important there.

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not only that, with Mahinmi sidelined Jason Smith will get the backup C minutes. If Dwight can't defend him.on the perimter and his cutting to the basket Moose will be important there.

True! Moose's defense has been pretty decent lately.  

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think we can match anything the Wizards do pretty effectively. Play Howard when Gortat is playing. I think Ilyasova can match up well enough at center against Smith. If Wizards go small with Porter/Oubre at the 4, then we can go with Prince at the 4 as well.

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Jason Smith have his way with us in one of the meetings this season? For some reason I remember him being open a lot making shot after shot.

i could def be wrong....too lazy to look it up .

Edited by JTB

30 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

ugh 10 deep is deep

giphy.gif

Geez, you guys are so sophomoric sometimes.  Can you 'scuse me for a sec?

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Could be bluffing...I say go 9 deep

Dennis

THJ

Prince

sap

Dwight

Ersan

Baze

Thabo

Calderon

Wait for it

What?  Mine was more artistic.

On topic, I love that lineup and bench, Spud2.  However, with the way Musc has played, I might sneak some mins in there for him.  Maybe I'm falling for late-season fool's gold.

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Jason Smith have his way with us in one of the meetings this season? For some reason I remember him being open a lot making shot after shot.

i could def be wrong....too lazy to look it up .

No. The last WSHvsATL game was his best against and he only scored 8 points with 3 rebs and 1 assist. I have heard quite a few "analysts" and pundits say that Smith being used will neutralize Howard.... Ok? Bud would love to have an excuse to not play Howard and use a more motion offense.

Edited by Bankingitbig
  • Like 1

If Bud thinks he can go 10 deep in the playoffs, he's going to be in for a rude awakening.

The opposing team will significantly cut their rotations down, when their bench players aren't performing.  You keep your best players out on the floor as much as possible.

Especially with Bud having a tendency of playing all 5 bench players together.  That regular season rotation stuff never works in the playoffs.  Guys like Millsap and possibly Dennis, better be prepared to go at least 38+ minutes per game.  I fully expect Wall and Beal to play that much, if not more.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If Bud thinks he can go 10 deep in the playoffs, he's going to be in for a rude awakening.

The opposing team will significantly cut their rotations down, when their bench players aren't performing.  You keep your best players out on the floor as much as possible.

Especially with Bud having a tendency of playing all 5 bench players together.  That regular season rotation stuff never works in the playoffs.  Guys like Millsap and possibly Dennis, better be prepared to go at least 38+ minutes per game.  I fully expect Wall and Beal to play that much, if not more.

You name me another bench in the NBA that can go to Cleveland and beat Cleveland 

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Perhaps that's what he meant when he said "massage" it.  Feel it out, see what works.

I highly doubt we'll see 5 backups playing at once.  If we do, it's because we whuppin the 'Zards arses and resting guys for the next game.

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

You name me another bench in the NBA that can go to Cleveland and beat Cleveland 

Boom.  Suck it, @TheNorthCydeRises

Honestly though, reg. season =\= postseason

Bench should be 

Calderon

Baze

Thabo 

Ilyasova

with a quick hook on Calderon and Baze, if need be.  Bud will be tempted to play Dunleavy, because of his shooting,

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Regular season crap isn't going to fly in the playoffs.   The Cavs took us lightly, just like the Hawks took the Nets lightly when they beat the hell out of us.

• Moderators

Only Dennis and Sap are significantly better than their bench counterparts.   So it makes sense to play Moose, Dunleavy, and Baze.   But Ersan is probably our best player off the bench.  Nice to see him and Sap together.

It's hard to see us not using 10 although I agree that Dennis and Sap will get 35+

If we had Wall and Beal i'd play them 40 but we don't.   

I guess its worth giving Hardaway Jr/Millsap+bench lineup a try and seeing how it looks. Dunleavy playing would be a mistake, Calderon can play but him playing more than five maybe six min stretches where he can go all out is a mistake.