• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Today is the 1st day for determining Dwight's legacy in ATL

Admin

23 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

The past is meaningless and the regular season won't be remembered a decade from now but this playoff season certainly can and hopefully will be. For years we've been dominated and embarrassed in the playoffs by teams bullying us in the paint and scaring our Whor's into not rebounding but that changes as of today. We have the size, physicality, depth and the perfect mix of vets and youth to really make something of ourselves and make the entire world take notice. Nobody is more important to our playoff success than Dwight Howard is. He has the chance to not only fix his legacy but also that of the Hawks. If he can just come out and control the paint on both ends, control the emotion of everyone playing and watching in the arena with his thunderous dunks and if he can be counted on to show up every single game then I gotta say we have a chance. He doesn't need to carry this team like he carried the Magic a decade ago but If he can be a key part of a team who in their 10th straight playoff season finally push through that ECF wall and into the finals then he will forever be remembered for that in Atlanta and nothing else that happened before will matter. Could we win in the finals against the Warriors? Maybe... but it wouldn't matter because nobody would expect us to win and we would have vastly exceeded expectations to get there in the first place. The Hawks have never been to the finals in my 31 years as a fan and while I loved the Nique and Deke eras and will always have fond memories of the JJ team that nearly beat the Celtics at their peak, it could very well be that THIS year's team are the one we look back on as fans and fondly remember as the best we've seen put on a Hawks Jersey. I know I know we've had a rough regular season and we've suffered through many a blowout this year but we have the ability to put all of that behind us and begin our March to show the world that Atlanta has a basketball team as well and that we're pretty damn good. It's time for us to play like Giants, the New York kind who slayed the mythical Tom Brady led arguably best team in NFL history. We start that today by reminding the world and most likely the TNT announcers that John Wall isn't the superstar in this series, it's Dwight Howard and despite his age and the mileage on his body, he's still got it in him to be the best C in the league and capable of dominating the short season. So let's all get our corndogs and our giant beers and get ready to be rowdy as we cheer on our beloved Atlanta 'Possum' Hawks as we begin our March to greatness.

#LetsGoHawks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not off to a good start for Dwight. I blame @Dolfan23. Show up out the blue after a long absence and dropping a sermon. Smh

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not off to a good start for Dwight. I blame @Dolfan23. Show up out the blue after a long absence and dropping a sermon. Smh

To be fair, it takes him that long to string together coherent sentences so ....

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

To be fair, it takes him that long to string together coherent sentences so ....

It's sad really that he's been out of pocket so much lately.   I fear the worst.  That he actually has gotten a job where he works hard or maybe even......oh god i can't say it.....a social life giphy.gif

It's sad really that he's been out of pocket so much lately.   I fear the worst.  That he actually has gotten a job where he works hard or maybe even......oh god i can't say it.....a social life giphy.gif&key=3ce617863c00616b5023119cb08ec9c2a1a79bf5ea23f1e12a8b94426fc6d99c

Haha no life it's all work and taking care of the house trying to renovate the whole thing to increase the value.

Btw@kg01 I'm pretty sure I saw you on an episode of 60 days in Fulton County Edition. Sweet ponytail you got working there.

44110df355aae170294375c9d100ba81.jpeg

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Hey it's not my fault that Paul left his man card at home. What a bunch of sissies these Hawks are crying about the Whiz playing too physically. Even the Hawks Twitter got involved with a caption this of Morris topping Millsap.

Dwight was fine yesterday. A little absent in the offensive game plan and far too often he let Gortat get deep in the post and get a hand on rebounds but Dwight did more than enough for us to win.

I agree with the Hawks being wussy nerds here.  If you got a problem with the opposing team's physicality don't talk about it after the fact. Do something about it right then n there. Matta fact, we should have initiated the physical play ourselves.

ps yes I also believe @kg01 will endure anal rape or whatever u guys were discussing...

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I agree with the Hawks being wussy nerds here.  If you got a problem with the opposing team's physicality don't talk about it after the fact. Do something about it right then n there. Matta fact, we should have initiated the physical play ourselves.

ps yes I also believe @kg01 will endure anal rape or whatever u guys were discussing...

What the ...?  It's too early in the morning in Curry-Land for you to be so salty already.  Did the gf turn you down again?  Did her mother?

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What the ...?  It's too early in the morning in Curry-Land for you to be so salty already.  Did the gf turn you down again?  Did her mother?

Hahaha everything. Although I did somewhat enjoy watching the Warriors game now knowing the Blazers can get a game or two. Hawks need to man up and stop talking about how they are getting bullied. Horford grabbed 7 boards lol

Where's Supes?

31 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Hahaha everything. Although I did somewhat enjoy watching the Warriors game now knowing the Blazers can get a game or two. Hawks need to man up and stop talking about how they are getting bullied. Horford grabbed 7 boards lol

Where's Supes?

After a 4+ board performance by Alice .. in a playoff game too?!  You know where Supers is.  Let's just say he's not skilled at 1-handed typing.

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, kg01 said:

After a 4+ board performance by Alice .. in a playoff game too?!  You know where Supers is.  Let's just say he's not skilled at 1-handed typing.

Al had a big game until this old guy who's 6 inches shorter came out of of nowhere....

• Like 2

23 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Al had a big game until this old guy who's 6 inches shorter came out of of nowhere....

The NBATV replays highlighted how easy it was for the Bulls to dominate the glass. Every play Alice was adjusting her bra while Lopez ate.  

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Bulls take the series and Al goes into hiding with all the blame he's gonna take.  I loved Rondo when he had his head on straight, no time like now to get back to his old form of creating beautiful offense for his team and defending hard.  OG Bobby Portis should've been further along in his development too, good to see him have a breakout game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

The NBATV replays highlighted how easy it was for the Bulls to dominate the glass. Every play Alice was adjusting her bra while Lopez ate.  

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Bulls take the series and Al goes into hiding with all the blame he's gonna take.  I loved Rondo when he had his head on straight, no time like now to get back to his old form of creating beautiful offense for his team and defending hard.  OG Bobby Portis should've been further along in his development too, good to see him have a breakout game.

If BOS loses this series .... getcha popcorn ready.

And this isn't reactionary to game 1.  Despite BOS's inflated reg. season record, these teams aren't separated by much.  CHI has the best 1, possibly 2 players on the court at all times (yeah, I said that @NBASupes!)

Factoring in Horfords typical playoff (jab)stepback due to the increased level of physicality and these rosters are a lot more even than New Englanders are willing to admit.

18 hours ago, bleachkit said:

He rebounds, he blocks shots and he dunks. But misses as many bunnies as any player I have ever seen. Hey, he helps your rebounding and defense around the basket, but Hakeem Olajuwon he aint.

He really doesn't block that many shots anymore. He mostly only grabs rebounds that bounce right to him. He doesn't move that well now.

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

There has to be a pun in there somewhere, you know the "Leave me alone Mom I'm going blind in here!!" sordid bathroom thing.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Dwight is not the problem.  We have zero wings and no consistency in the backcourt.  Add a head coach that has performed below the red line and you have a team that wont win.  

There is plenty of blame to go around but the glaring stuff was Tim's gun was missing, the year long struggle from three for everyone was alive and well, Sap getting abused and Dwight's second half. So do agree that just one guy was not the problem Sunday. Still, one thing we absolutely have to have is Tim scoring well. It creates some form of balance for us. Oh wait, this is a thread about Dwight.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

There is plenty of blame to go around but the glaring stuff was Tim's gun was missing, the year long struggle from three for everyone was alive and well, Sap getting abused and Dwight's second half. So do agree that just one guy was not the problem Sunday. Still, one thing we absolutely have to have is Tim scoring well. It creates some form of balance for us. Oh wait, this is a thread about Dwight.

Transition defense was also awful.

31 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I'd say that after 2 games in Atlanta that Dwight has done a lot to get the fans to cheer for him and when he continues this level of play for the remainder of the post season I would saw his legacy is well established as a Hawk. Absolutely terrific to see and Millsap rebound in Atlanta and play the way that they did.

Dude had a solid performance tonight, particularly in the first half. And after the game he said all the right things in the presser. Seemed to be really mature, minus the giggling at Jose getting the unexpected Spanish question (which I don't really mind, i appreciate someone with a good sense of humour. it threw me for a loop for a moment when I didn't understand the words the reporter was saying there was a split second I was like "am I having a stroke or something?" Then I realized they just transitioned into Spanish without warning, no stroke. Whew.) but regardless, Dwight seems to have the right mindset (most of the time) and I still keep coming back to how nice it is to not get consistently destroyed on the glass like we used to. Very refreshing.

and yknow, that guy is a crazy specimen of a human being. His shoulders are so broad that in looking at that post game presser it seriously looks like Baze and Jose together still wouldn't have shoulders as wide as Dwight. if we'd kept Edy with his crazy long arms, him and Dwight together could travel around on the freak show circuit.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

I'd say that after 2 games in Atlanta that Dwight has done a lot to get the fans to cheer for him and when he continues this level of play for the remainder of the post season I would saw his legacy is well established as a Hawk. Absolutely terrific to see and Millsap rebound in Atlanta and play the way that they did.

He has averaged twelve rebounds a game overall post season for us including the game he only played twenty minutes and had seven. Gives some serious hope for winning some battles if we do have an opportunity against the Cavs coming up.

• Like 2