• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards: GAME 1

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Honestly that's about the best game i've seen Gortat play.   I always hated him as a player because he didn't really utilize his size very well.  Looks like he's figure it out.   

Also that was the best I've seem Kelly Oubre play.

Just now, macdaddy said:

Honestly that's about the best game i've seen Gortat play.   I always hated him as a player because he didn't really utilize his size very well.  Looks like he's figure it out.   

He's played well in spurts all year long.  Late-season Howard could take him.  For some reason, we got mid-season Howard in game 1.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Nzinga!!!!

Seriously though, Shaq said Sap will be the next $200 million man in Atlanta.  The TNT set basically laughed.

Does it seem like we're the most maligned or is it that i don't care about the other teams.   I don't see the Bucks, Indy, Chicago or even Memphis or Portland being considered a joke year after year.  

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Does it seem like we're the most maligned or is it that i don't care about the other teams.   I don't see the Bucks, Indy, Chicago or even Memphis or Portland being considered a joke year after year.  

They have what we don't  - a player considered a STAR - and offensive juggernaut.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They have what we don't  - a player considered a STAR - and offensive juggernaut.

It's true but that's where Memphis frustrates me.  Why do they get a pass for being a totally middling team for so long?    They haven't done any better than we have and while Gasol is great he's still talented big man in a pace and space league.   

23 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's as Burd said, "star" nonsense.  Even MEM has a guy some consider a "star".

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Based on your last post, you could be considered our offensive juggernaut.  lol

16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's true but that's where Memphis frustrates me.  Why do they get a pass for being a totally middling team for so long?    They haven't done any better than we have and while Gasol is great he's still talented big man in a pace and space league.   

Yeah, I can't explain the MEM thing.  They have 3 contract nightmares on their team that should render them as laughingstocks.  Conley as the top paid player in the league?  Seriously?  Chandalier Parsons?  Really?  Still running Phony Allen out there as if he's not lost several steps?

Cmon man.  Why are they not considered worse than us?

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Millsap got his arse handed to him on a platter, then came with the weak sauce comment - no goodie, especially if you looking for a BIG  pay day. If you lsy down and die the rest will follow.

I still can't believe he didn't react after getting dunked on and pushed out of bounds by Gortat. When Gortat had some choice words for him afterwards, Sap put his head down and walked away. That's the first time I've ever seen an NBA player react that way. I'm not saying he should've gotten himself ejected, but he needed to do something to show that he wasn't going to back down from the physicality as the 'leader' of this team. His comments afterwards didn't help. I think it's time for another change in on court leadership because I'm not seeing much of a difference from last season.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I think it's time for another change in on court leadership

Have we ever had that though?  Bud still does his captain by rotation for each game.

No one steps up as the guy to huddle the group.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Nzinga!!!!

Seriously though, Shaq said Sap will be the next $200 million man in Atlanta.  The TNT set basically laughed.

Lmmfao...wtf jaybird..:-|

Oh one more thing not sure anyone mentioned it but we put Ersan in a couple of situations where he had to handle the ball and make a few plays and decisions. We can't do that...we need to use Ersan more for his deadline jumpers and step back threes than we do him handling the ball cuz he's choppy as hell.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What the......???? Smh

You tryna distance yourself from that highly offensive comment earlier?  SMDH

That said, I want to 'like' Spud2's post for the comedic value but .. for some reason, I just can't do it.

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You tryna distance yourself from that highly offensive comment earlier?  SMDH

That said, I want to 'like' Spud2's post for the comedic value but .. for some reason, I just can't do it.

You got me.

I was too quick with my like on Spuds post, but I was even quicker taking it back, lol.

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You got me.

I was too quick with my like on Spuds post, but I was even quicker taking it back, lol.

We call that a 'dislike' so you're good.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Have we ever had that though?  Bud still does his captain by rotation for each game.

Honestly, no. There's been no real leader during this Playoff run over the past 10 years. Joe, Horf, and Sap have all been the 'main guy' during that stretch but none of those guys were Type A personalities. Even having a Grant Long on the team would be an improvement.

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

It's as Burd said, "star" nonsense.  Even MEM has a guy some consider a "star".

Based on your last post, you could be considered our offensive juggernaut.  lol

Yeah, I can't explain the MEM thing.  They have 3 contract nightmares on their team that should render them as laughingstocks.  Conley as the top paid player in the league?  Seriously?  Chandalier Parsons?  Really?  Still running Phony Allen out there as if he's not lost several steps?

Cmon man.  Why are they not considered worse than us?

Easy answer to this. We have always been a team that was good but not great and has stayed that way almost the entire existence of the franchise. We were either good or bad, but either way we stayed a middle of the pack team who has never been taken seriously as a contender. Not to mention many people for some reason still consider them a fairly new team. Something we are not.

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sap did huddle the team up yesterday which i thought was nice. I may be in the minority but i think Sap was trying to be that angry guy  the team needed in the first half and then Wizards attacked him in the third and it completely threw him off.  He still needs to play much better as the leader of the team. There is only one inforcer on this team, Dwight, and he did not play tough yesterday either.  

I don't want to see any of our players losing their cool when certain teams revert to "MMA" tactics to win a game. If they keep their cool and let their play do the talking, no one will wonder who got punked on a dunk. That's playground foolishness to even care.

Go out there, be a profeasional and get these wins. Leave the rest up to those punks in Washington. Thats the main reason I've always loved the Spurs even when teams tried to act tough the Spurs let their on court performance do the talking. 

• Like 2