• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks should give more minutes to Humphries and Thabo

hawks774

I am concerned to see the referees swallow the whistle in regard to allowing Markieff Morris  rough up Millsap, but where is the 6'9 235 lb Kris Humphries  who can stretch the floor and be a physical presence and where is Thabo is a better defensive presence on the perimeter and small forward position than Mike Dunleavy? If Thabo and Kris are not suffering from injuries, they need to be out there playing at least 12 to 16 minutes a game.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, hawks774 said:

I am concerned to see the referees swallow the whistle in regard to allowing Markieff Morris  rough up Millsap, but where is the 6'9 235 lb Kris Humphries  who can stretch the floor and be a physical presence and where is Thabo is a better defensive presence on the perimeter and small forward position than Mike Dunleavy? If Thabo and Kris are not suffering from injuries, they need to be out there playing at least 12 to 16 minutes a game.

Agree with Humphries ....we need more muscle in there when Washington started to abuse us on the boards but as far as Thabo is concerned, Dunleavy played well.  I would play Bembry over Thabo.  Bembry is just as good as a defender as Thabo but can make lay ups

• Like 2

As has been said by a few on here, Kris apparently insulted or assaulted someone in Bud's family sometime last season and maybe again this season too. Its just a bit too obvious. 

• Like 1

Bud will finally unleash the Hump when game three is almost over and the Hawks are down 15.  It will be too late though.  

• Like 1

It's because Bud is in love with Moose, and prefers to play him.

Moose may be better offensively ( not by much though ), but he's too soft on the defensive end and on the boards.

As for Millsap, I didn't like his comments after the game AT ALL.  This is the playoffs man.  Man the F--K up and get physical right back at them.  You're also playing for a big money contract.  You better prove to the rest of the league that you're worth that money. 

When you get hit in the mouth, you're supposed to hit back.   Hit back in Game 2.

• Like 4

Humphries is a bad basketball player. I don't understand people's fascination with him. He was good in the CLE series last year, but that's about it and only because we needed a bigger body to rebound. Morris would run circles around him. I would much rather give those minutes to Muscala. I do agree that we need to put Thabo on Wall some to see how he does.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

As for Millsap, I didn't like his comments after the game AT ALL.  This is the playoffs man.  Man the F--K up and get physical right back at them.  You're also playing for a big money contract.  You better prove to the rest of the league that you're worth that money. 

When you get hit in the mouth, you're supposed to hit back.   Hit back in Game 2.

That's kind of what Millsap was saying if you read his quote in context.. But yea it reminded me a lot of the whole Schröder & IT stuff... Just say they played a great game and get back to the film room so you can come out and take the next one.

"The difference in the game was we were playing basketball and they were playing MMA," Millsap told reporters, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "They were physical. When the game is like that, we have to match their physicality. But again, we've got to go get some moves and bring them back to the court."

Edited by Bankingitbig

49 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Humphries is a bad basketball player. I don't understand people's fascination with him. He was good in the CLE series last year, but that's about it and only because we needed a bigger body to rebound. Morris would run circles around him. I would much rather give those minutes to Muscala. I do agree that we need to put Thabo on Wall some to see how he does.

I am not advocating Humphries should be starting, but he is good enough to play 12 to 15 minutes a game and hit an open jump shot or a three pointer along with rebounding..

At the press conference, Coach Bud was asked about Thabo not playing at all, and he said that he is the "11th guy" and may be an option moving forward if he fits into their plans. Is Thabo in Coach Bud's  proverbial doghouse?

12 minutes ago, hawks774 said:

I am not advocating Humphries should be starting, but he is good enough to play 12 to 15 minutes a game and hit an open jump shot or a three pointer along with rebounding..

At the press conference, Coach Bud was asked about Thabo not playing at all, and he said that he is the "11th guy" and may be an option moving forward if he fits into their plans. Is Thabo in Coach Bud's  proverbial doghouse?

But that's 12 to 15 minutes that I would rather go to Ilyasova or Muscala... Or honestly even Prince at the 4 and play Baze/THJ/Thabo more. I much rather see Thabo instead of Dunleavy. Not sure the rational with that one. The only thing I can think of is that our offense is so bad that Bud feels like he needs Dunleavy's shooting and can't afford to play Thabo who is a negative on offense.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm fine with the rotation we have now.   Thabo maybe healthy now but he's been in and out for the last few months.   I don't think he's the answer.

I'm a big fan of Humphries but the ball movement in general is better with Moose/Ersan.   Now if Moose isn't making shots that's a different story.  

So i'm fine with not playing Humphries but he's certainly not a bad player.   His per36 is 13/10 and he shot 35% from 3.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm fine with the rotation we have now.   Thabo maybe healthy now but he's been in and out for the last few months.   I don't think he's the answer.

I'm a big fan of Humphries but the ball movement in general is better with Moose/Ersan.   Now if Moose isn't making shots that's a different story.  

So i'm fine with not playing Humphries but he's certainly not a bad player.   His per36 is 13/10 and he shot 35% from 3.  

I agree with you with everything especially Hump...I think some of the posters think that we are suggesting that he play 30 plus.  I think of him as a specialty pitcher in late innings when you have to get that left handed batter out.  He is the guy that can spell Dwight and maintain that toughness on the boards.  There were several times during the game when Otto porter beat us up on the offensive glass...Those were the times to insert Hump to restore law and order.

• Like 1

Hump may not be a lot of things but we could use his toughness in spurts. When he sets a screen you feel it. He battles on the inside and can't be moved easily.

Like McD says if Moose isn't hitting shots, pretty useless.

Didn't we have this discussion last playoffs regarding Hump? 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hump may not be a lot of things but we could use his toughness in spurts. When he sets a screen you feel it. He battles on the inside and can't be moved easily.

Like McD says if Moose isn't hitting shots, pretty useless.

Didn't we have this discussion last playoffs regarding Hump? 

I'm not so ready to dismiss Moose's defense this year yet.  He seems to have significantly picked it up on the defensive end

• Like 2

It's clear Bud doesn't care for Hump.  Why Wilcox re-signed him is a mystery.

But as far as Thabo I can't believe Bud called him the "11th Man" without mentioning any injury.  Putrid as his offense is, he still makes more defensive plays per foul than Iggy and Draymond.  There isn't anyone else close to his combination of savvy and lateral movement on the team to stick Wall.  One of the few strengths of this team is forcing turnovers, that which Thabo is the engine of.

Bud just out here doing anything now.  That was evident when Dwight was signed to play in a system built on spacing, passing, and reading.  Huh?! Who?!  What?!

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

It's clear Bud doesn't care for Hump.  Why Wilcox re-signed him is a mystery.

But as far as Thabo I can't believe Bud called him the "11th Man" without mentioning any injury.  Putrid as his offense is, he still makes more defensive plays per foul than Iggy and Draymond.  There isn't anyone else close to his combination of savvy and lateral movement on the team to stick Wall.  One of the few strengths of this team is forcing turnovers, that which Thabo is the engine of.

I still think that Bembry would be the answer...I think that his defense on guards is just as good as Thabo with better offense.  Bud should give him a try for a few minutes at least.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I still think that Bembry would be the answer...I think that his defense on guards is just as good as Thabo with better offense.  Bud should give him a try for a few minutes at least.

If we end up down 3-0 pretty sure he will. A little late I'm thinking. Always thought of Pop being very pro active, its Bud's turn to be that way but does he know it?