• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we really getting punked by Gortat and Smith?

Admin

I can understand Morris giving us trouble as he's actually still young and talented but wtf we're making 30-something Jason Smith think he's throwback John Starks dunking over folks. Then you have the Polish hammer, who's a good enough player but he's no spring chicken either and he's beating us down like he's freaking Tim Duncan.

What happened to the Dwight Howard I saw in Houston 2 months ago who was motivated and was dominating on the court? No matter who we have at C it seems we are destined to be physically dominated in the post.

For the first time since the early 2000's I'm actually ashamed to be a Hawks fan. If we get swept out of the playoffs again this year I think that will be it for me as a fan. This team doesn't deserve the effort I/we put into supporting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The PNR play is pretty popular I hear.  Gortat is a PNR wizard on the offensive end (no pun intended). Dwight, let's just say he struggles on both ends at it.  Also I'm pretty sure Gortat wants to win.  Check Dwight's' latest locker room presser and tell me that looks like a confident guy ready to grind for a home win:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/04/20/dwight-howard-answers-almost-every-postgame-question-with-i-dont-know/

Edited by benhillboy

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

The PNR play is pretty popular I hear.  Gortat is a PNR wizard on the offensive end (no pun intended). Dwight, let's just say he struggles on both ends at it.  Also I'm pretty sure Gortat wants to win.  Check Dwight's' latest locker room presser and tell me that looks like a confident guy ready to grind for a home win:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/04/20/dwight-howard-answers-almost-every-postgame-question-with-i-dont-know/

Prophetic Dwight, wow that was riveting.

ps Somebody check Dwight's bag before he leaves the building I think he's got the sports tape, skittles and Tyler Ulis in there.

Also, does anyone laugh a lot while watching Gortat play. Lmao..I'm sorry I know we are getting the beat down by the Wiz so far but Gortat's goofy choppy ass makes me laugh.

7 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Honestly, losing in 5 games or 7 games doesn't really make a difference to m

I don't believe you. Not saying you're dishonest, I just truly feel this is more coming from being hurt by the Hawks than not caring if they lose in 5 or 7 or making the playoffs without thinking we can win it every year.

Sorry I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist but apparently I like playing one in real life. 

4 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Not looking like Hawks' fans are going to have an enjoyable summer.

I'm gonna enjoy my summer regardless of what happens with the Hawks.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I don't believe you. Not saying you're dishonest, I just truly feel this is more coming from being hurt by the Hawks than not caring if they lose in 5 or 7 or making the playoffs without thinking we can win it every year.

Sorry I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist but apparently I like playing one in real life. 

Sure, I would rather take this 7 than 5.  But, does it really matter?  You're definitely right, it has to do with being burned every year (I'm an ATL fan in all sports, and also a UGA fan) so I've kind of become numb to it.  But, what I'm saying is we know we aren't a championship team.  Maybe we pull out a few extra wins here or there, but we aren't close to winning it all.

Falcons super bowl?  Completely different story, we had the talent and the lead and we blew it.  That's something to be pissed about.

I'm not going to be that upset when we're losing to a team better than us in a 7 game series.  Honestly, we've put up a good fight and were in position to win both games on the road.  It's not like we've laid down.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Sure, I would rather take this 7 than 5.  But, does it really matter?  You're definitely right, it has to do with being burned every year (I'm an ATL fan in all sports, and also a UGA fan) so I've kind of become numb to it.  But, what I'm saying is we know we aren't a championship team.  Maybe we pull out a few extra wins here or there, but we aren't close to winning it all.

Falcons super bowl?  Completely different story, we had the talent and the lead and we blew it.  That's something to be pissed about.

I'm not going to be that upset when we're losing to a team better than us in a 7 game series.  Honestly, we've put up a good fight and were in position to win both games on the road.  It's not like we've laid down.

Ya I feel ya man. I know you are a true fan as well from reading your posts over the years. But ya I definitely understand the feeling of numbness to them. I guess I just like to continue to hope, whether that's my own blind ignorance or not, I'm not sure, I just hope it actually pays off one of these years.

Also agree we've played well enough to be in both games in DC. We need that killer factor which seems hard to squeeze out of Dwight, Sap and others.

7 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

I can understand Morris giving us trouble as he's actually still young and talented but wtf we're making 30-something Jason Smith think he's throwback John Starks dunking over folks. Then you have the Polish hammer, who's a good enough player but he's no spring chicken either and he's beating us down like he's freaking Tim Duncan.

What happened to the Dwight Howard I saw in Houston 2 months ago who was motivated and was dominating on the court? No matter who we have at C it seems we are destined to be physically dominated in the post.

For the first time since the early 2000's I'm actually ashamed to be a Hawks fan. If we get swept out of the playoffs again this year I think that will be it for me as a fan. This team doesn't deserve the effort I/we put into supporting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bud's system can only take you so far. You need talent to really make the system work.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya I feel ya man. I know you are a true fan as well from reading your posts over the years. But ya I definitely understand the feeling of numbness to them. I guess I just like to continue to hope, whether that's my own blind ignorance or not, I'm not sure, I just hope it actually pays off one of these years.

Also agree we've played well enough to be in both games in DC. We need that killer factor which seems hard to squeeze out of Dwight, Sap and others.

Haha, trust me I'm yelling at the TV the entire game too.  But at the end of the day I know we aren't winning a ship as constructed.  We don't have anyone nearly as talented as Wall.

That's my dream too, to see ATL win a championship.  Honestly, I'll take it with any one of our teams.

Basically I'm trying to talk Dolfan off the ledge and making myself sound more content than I actually am. :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm gonna enjoy my summer regardless of what happens with the Hawks.

Yeah, maybe I've just seen enough heartbreak over the years to not let it affect me at this point. 

I'm not going to let anything the Hawks do affect me, otherwise I'd be an emotional roller coaster this season. 

• Like 2

Remembering the thirteen win season and even with that being the worst regular season I can ever remember still pulled hard for the Hawks and got excited if for nothing else trying to stay within single digits in the fourth and with those stunning Josh power dunks. Always highs and lows pretty much every season for us but they are either our team or they are not. To me bailing is for Philly fans.

• Like 1