• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks: GAME 3

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, AUhawksfan said:

Seems like it takes Wall playing well and that's fine. He can get his if we still get the W. 

Whether its on the court or in his very creative mind, I'm sure he'll always get his, excluding the Reggie Jackson contract of course. 

• Premium Member

I said in another thread, the two times we were down 0-2 in the first round in our playoff run we came back to win the next two games. Great game for us but we have to do it one more time to make it a series. Go Hawks!

• Like 1

The difference in this case is if game 4 is a win throw all bets off on this series. I did say that I unfortunately think a quick series was likely but the longer this goes, the longer the advantage changes sides because the Wiz bench is not good.

You still have a game to play but if Wiz role guys are going to play like this there's a good chance this series is tied going back to DC.

Didn't see this coming.  Damn good team win.  I don't expect to see efficient three point shooting next game, but winning the glass and scoring bunches in the paint should continue.  

Dennis played a great game, didn't force anything, yet took everything available.  I'd prefer he'd take more FTs than 3s but I'm a nitpicking johnson.

Good job Bud, keep spheghetti spoon-feeding Prince $70M Kenneth's minutes.

Been a minute since I felt like Let's Go!

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

The difference in this case is if game 4 is a win throw all bets off on this series. I did say that I unfortunately think a quick series was likely but the longer this goes, the longer the advantage changes sides because the Wiz bench is not good.

You still have a game to play but if Wiz role guys are going to play like this there's a good chance this series is tied going back to DC.

I think I discussed with you extensively about the Hawks Bench advantage

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

Didn't see this coming.  Damn good team win.  I don't expect to see efficient three point shooting next game, but winning the glass and scoring bunches in the paint should continue.  

Dennis played a great game, didn't force anything, yet took everything available.  I'd prefer he'd take more FTs than 3s but I'm a nitpicking johnson.

Good job Bud, keep spoon feeding Prince $70M Kenneth's minutes.

One of these game even Tim will get going so I feel good about this series!

• Like 4

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I think I discussed with you extensively about the Hawks Bench advantage

It usually doesn't matter in the playoffs. They're trying to make it to where it does not matter but if Beal is going to disappear totally on the road it will.

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Good job Bud, keep spoon feeding Prince $70M Kenneth's minutes.

The Hawks only shot 36%  from three.  It seems efficient because they were like 1 -40 before this game.  I agree about Bud and his rotations as soon as Baze got a little out of control he put THjr in.  Dwight played the right amount of minutes.  I don't think coach cares if he's pouting or not.  Set good screens and played hard defense and they will award him every now and again. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Just admit it, You were totally wrong about this Wizards.  Wall is tough but the rest of the team doesn't deserve the kind of praise you heaped on them.

You're acting so big when this series isn't even tied up yet. Hold on a minute, this is Atlanta sports and we can NEVER assume ANYTHING. If it's tied up on Monday, I will admit I was wrong.

If the Wizards win in 5, I was not wrong! I said I'd lean toward this series ending very quickly with the Wizards winning but if it didn't, any and all bets would be off. Their starting lineup, despite the struggle in this game is very good. The Hawks starting lineup is not.

Edited by Lurker

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

The Hawks only shot 36% three.  It seems efficient because they were like 1 -40 before this game. 

36 is good for me.  I was more happy about only 25 attempts.  That's a perfect number for this team, shows they didn't settle.  Dennis hit a couple that I didn't like but he hit em.

• Like 3

I gave an actual analysis and the short version is this series would either end quickly with the Wizards winning in 4/5 or it'd go to 6 or 7 and it'd be anybody's. It's good to get on the board but we're not at the latter part yet. Wait a minute before you direct s*** at me.