• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Rise Of Taurean Prince

Wurider05

• Moderators

I understand that it's unfair to place the Kawhi, Jimmy type comparison's on Taurean, which I most definitely agree with. But it's also absurd to sit in here and place caps on his potential as an NBA player. You can't say don't compare him to a superstar but in the same breath compare him to so middle of the pack/fringe all star wing with a name. No comparisons should mean no comparisons period. Nobody knows how good he can be, but it's obvious that he looks pretty damn good out on the court for a seldom used rookie in his first playoff run.

I apologize for being a hypocrite. lol

But it does get tiring having our young guys playing well and then posters on here saying "he's our Kawhi Lenard". Seriously? The dude doesn't even have half a season of experience under his belt and we're comparing him to a Finals MVP? Let's be realistic here. Let's let the young guy show us who he is. It's lazy to just compare guys to other players. Give an analysis and your opinions on player, but don't just leave it at "he Kawhi".

And the reason I predict him to be less than a superstar right now is because he hasn't show me at least a glimpse of the one trait that ALL tier 1 and tier 2 stars have: the ability to play angry. Taurean comes off as a nice guy to me. I need to see some aggression out of Taurean before I tip my hat his way. I want to see him demand the ball, make up his mind he isn't going to pass, breakdown his man, and finish with points... This is something ALL stars can do. An ISO Joe that actually can play ISO. Then I'll say he deserves to be in the same breath as guys that have proved themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I apologize for being a hypocrite. lol

But it does get tiring having our young guys playing well and then posters on here saying "he's our Kawhi Lenard". Seriously? The dude doesn't even have half a season of experience under his belt and we're comparing him to a Finals MVP? Let's be realistic here. Let's let the young guy show us who he is. It's lazy to just compare guys to other players. Give an analysis and your opinions on player, but don't just leave it at "he Kawhi".

And the reason I predict him to be less than a superstar right now is because he hasn't show me at least a glimpse of the one trait that ALL tier 1 and tier 2 stars have: the ability to play angry. Taurean comes off as a nice guy to me. I need to see some aggression out of Taurean before I tip my hat his way. I want to see him demand the ball, make up his mind he isn't going to pass, breakdown his man, and finish with points... This is something ALL stars can do. An ISO Joe that actually can play ISO. Then I'll say he deserves to be in the same breath as guys that have proved themselves.

Once again, all hindsight. Watched Kawhi, Jimmy ,and Paul their first couple years in the league. Neither showed what you just stated either. Just say these guys are proven and Taurean isn't yet, because everything else you're saying is just you reaching into the stratosphere for whatever you can grab onto, whether fact or fiction

And lmao at Taurean comes off as a nice guy on the court. Dude displays hella fire. Just like when Chriss from PHX went for that layup and you can hear Prince all the way in Willacoochee screaming out "GIMME THAT SHIT!" as he proceeded to send the shot to the moon lol Kawhi was the real "nice guy"

Edited by Cwell

• Moderators
Once again, all hindsight. Watched Kawhi, Jimmy ,and Paul their first couple years in the league. Neither showed what you just stated either. Just say these guys are proven and Taurean isn't yet, because everything else you're saying is just you reaching into the stratosphere for whatever you can grab onto, whether fact or fiction

And lmao at Taurean comes off as a nice guy on the court. Dude displays hella fire. Just like when Chriss from PHX went for that layup and you can hear Prince all the way in Willacoochee screaming out "GIMME THAT SHIT!" as he proceeded to send the shot to the moon lol Kawhi was the real "nice guy"

It's not hindsight to say that you can't put Taurean and Kawhi the same breath now because that's the thing about these comparisons: posters are comparing them as they are presently. Current Kawhi vs. current Taurean, but whatever... as I stated, I hope Taurean proves me wrong and makes me eat my words. I'm just not buying into the kid quite yet. I like my proven commodities over hype.

• 2 weeks later...

Article from P-Hoops that reviews Prince's season. Personally as positive as the article is its underwhelming in reference to what Prince has shown he can do and could have done much more of it with more meaningful minutes early. Believe he will indeed be a staple core player for us long term, pretty excited about his future here.

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2017/5/6/15564424/atlanta-hawks-2017-season-in-review-taurean-prince 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Article from P-Hoops that reviews Prince's season. Personally as positive as the article is its underwhelming in reference to what Prince has shown he can do and could have done much more of it with more meaningful minutes early. Believe he will indeed be a staple core player for us long term, pretty excited about his future here.

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2017/5/6/15564424/atlanta-hawks-2017-season-in-review-taurean-prince 

Sky is the limit with Prince in my opinion.

While I do not think the sky is the limit for him. I do feel he could potentially go to Gordon Heyward type of path as a wing. That's far higher than I thought when we landed him. I didn't think he would be better than a Tayshaun Prince type. But I always knew he had potential. 

Edited by NBASupes

I would give my left shoe for Taurean to work with Joe Johnson in the off-season to improve his isolation offense. I would allow a small monthly auto deduct from my paycheck for him to get 3 months of ball-handling instruction and I'd put myself on the kidney donor list if someone would teach him stop, pump fake and up and under on his drives.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

I would give my left shoe for Taurean to work with Joe Johnson in the off-season to improve his isolation offense. I would allow a small monthly auto deduct from my paycheck for him to get 3 months of ball-handling instruction and I'd put myself on the kidney donor list if someone would teach him stop, pump fake and up and under on his drives.

Team player I like that ..:-)

Taurean mainly needs to add some strength and just play, a lot of what I saw before that run in which he was in the regular rotation (and some early in it/during it) was stuff in which you just need to trial and error your way through it and his iffy finishing inside when it's not off a cut or in transition can be helped with more strength.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

An interview with Prince. Like the attitude.

"I'll definitely be in the gym a lot working out with (assistant coaches) Charles (Lee) and Ben (Sullivan)," he said. "I want to be an even better shooter. I want to be more consistent in that area. I want to work on my handle and get a little bit better, just to create, either for myself or for other people. I just plan to take my talents to a whole new level." 

http://www.nba.com/hawks/features/prince-playoffs-im-glad-i-got-experience#

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

"I'll definitely be in the gym a lot working out with (assistant coaches) Charles (Lee) and Ben (Sullivan)," he said. "I want to be an even better shooter. I want to be more consistent in that area. I want to work on my handle and get a little bit better, just to create, either for myself or for other people. I just plan to take my talents to a whole new level." 

If Taurean develops a good shot he's going to be a beast.     He is a really big SF.    The smaller 3s in the league won't be able to guard him if they have to respect his outside shot.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Whoever put a ceiling on this kid will regret it.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

If Taurean develops a good shot he's going to be a beast.     He is a really big SF.    The smaller 3s in the league won't be able to guard him if they have to respect his outside shot.  

I mean Beal is supposedly 6'5" and Taurean 6'7".   

newsEngin.18303928_Hawks-Wizards-Basketb

I expect we'll be seeing a lot of this matchup the next few years

lebron-james-of-the-cleveland-cavaliers-

• Like 1