• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Purge by ESPN

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I get it but it doesn't make me feel good about people losing their jobs, I know what that feels like and it royally SUCKS!!!

Please.  You can't get laid off from drug dealin', Burd.  You ain't foolin nobody.

Seriously though, I hate to see it because there's just not enough media outlets for all these folks to get re-hired quickly.  It's pretty sad.

Now, I'm with @Spud2Nique regarding BSPN as an entity as a whole.  They've been due some kind of change for a long time.  It's just too bad these folks are now without jobs.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Please.  You can't get laid off from drug dealin', Burd.  You ain't foolin nobody.

Seriously though, I hate to see it because there's just not enough media outlets for all these folks to get re-hired quickly.  It's pretty sad.

Now, I'm with @Spud2Nique regarding BSPN as an entity as a whole.  They've been due some kind of change for a long time.  It's just too bad these folks are now without jobs.

Thanks for putting it politically correct. Great now I look like a d*ck. Thanks kg!

• 1 month later...

You do realize that when many of these people are out of a job (especially the on-air talent), it isn't like you and me being out of a job. They've had salaries of at least 6 figures and in some cases 7 figures for quite some time. They aren't hurting like a guy making 40k a year being laid off.

Well, to loosely quote Rico from Paid In Full: "people get shot everyday, B"

The firings as a whole were just a public facade to appease shareholders though, show them "Hey look!  We're doing something to address the declining numbers in viewership!"

Truth is, the combined salaries of all the layoffs probably doesn't cover 1/10th of the cost of a single Monday Night Football game.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This gave me a good chuckle:

https://streamable.com/tjoce

That shat right there was funny as heyul.

I saw Jalen Rose ordering a sub at Publix in town like a year ago.  I would've ordered 81 chicken wangs had I seen this commercial before then.  He probably would've tackled me.  Maybe not since I was with the kids.