• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Birdless in Indy

That's all you need to know if PG is going to be moved around the draft.  I hope the Celtics don't come to their senses and use their draft picks for him.  The thing is, even though the Hawks have back of the first round picks, they may be willing to give up the most for PG.  The Lakers will probably wait on him to become a free agent. Paul Georgie to Altantie. Not sure if you guys, remember the Todd Gurley to Atlantley...lol

You know, he really needed to with what has happened the last few years but am quite stunned he actually stepped down and it feels like he won't be anything more than a counsel from this point on. He's stepped away before for health reasons but this time feels very different. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If the twits are to be believed, punk-assPaul (George) has informed the Pasers that he's definitely leaving after the upcoming season and that LAL is his preferred destination. 

If I were them, he'd get 82 DNP-CD's.  Totally kills what little trade value he has.  No way I'm taking some poo-poo platter from Magic to gift them punk-assPaul.

I can hear Mag now, "mmYeyuh, ahhhmm we'll gib y'all Mogsgov 'n Denk fo' aaahhhuumm Pawl George an' a 1st rownd pik."

ETA: And if you're George, don't ever speak about "winning" among your goals ever again.  Unless Lebron joins you in LA.  Then I'd kinda get it.  I wouldn't like it, but I'd get it.

Agreed on putting PG13 on the shelf...either that or ship his ass to the Nets for a 2nd round pick and totally f*** up his career. Still love him as a player but this is some stinky poo attitude. 

I wanna play here, and I wanna play there...hate players today. Stfu and play already.

LOL . . George is making a business decision.  And business decisions can't be taken so emotionally by fans.

Think of it like this.  Wouldn't all of us have liked for Al Horford to have told us that he wouldn't be returning to the Hawks in 2017, back in the summer of 2016, to give us multiple options of what we can do?   Instead, we got strung along like he wanted to be here, only for him to bolt right out of town and leave us completely hanging.

From that standpoint, at least George is giving Indiana plenty of time to decide what they want to do.   A team that thinks they can "win now", may bring him in as a 1-year rental ( Clippers ).  Or maybe the Lakers deal for him right now, and send a guy like Julius Randle to Indy.

Props to the players for taking their destiny into their own hands.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . George is making a business decision.  And business decisions can't be taken so emotionally by fans.

Tell that to the Pacer fans. Their biggest asset made himself almost untradeable now or at the very least they won't have a chance for as good a deal helping their future. California dreaming going on with PG.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Tell that to the Pacer fans. Their biggest asset made himself almost untradeable now or at the very least they won't have a chance for as good a deal helping their future. California dreaming going on with PG.

He is still tradable.  Do you not think if he was silent that teams wouldn't have talked to him with due diligence and figured out he wouldn't sign an extension or commit post trade?  His value was tanked by his decision to go to LA when he becomes  an ufa.  The fact that he told the Pacers is a courtesy.  Wish Horford had done the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

His value was tanked by his decision to go to LA when he becomes  an ufa.  The fact that he told the Pacers is a courtesy.

Why is it anyone other than the Pacers know about his decision? If it was just them that received the info than it would have been a courtesy. Don't believe thats what happened. If he was on the block last year the Pacers would have gotten what they wanted or at the very least what they just suggested (if thats actually accurate, two first rounders and a starter). Don't believe they'll get that now with PG's mind already made up about L.A. As far as other FOs interrogating him about resigning later and would he fess up if he had been staying silent, we'll never know. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 6/19/2017 at 1:30 PM, Thomas said:

Why is it anyone other than the Pacers know about his decision? If it was just them that received the info than it would have been a courtesy. Don't believe thats what happened. If he was on the block last year the Pacers would have gotten what they wanted or at the very least what they just suggested (if thats actually accurate, two first rounders and a starter). Don't believe they'll get that now with PG's mind already made up about L.A. As far as other FOs interrogating him about resigning later and would he fess up if he had been staying silent, we'll never know. 

They can't keep this secret.  The first time a team gets in serious talks with the Pacers they will get in talks with his agent about resigning after his current deal and find out he is unwilling to commit to them.  Since he won't want to be traded someplace and be perceived as a heel when he bails that team will also then find out he intends to go to LA.  That team will then leak the info to everyone in the league (if they are still interested it will be leaked to drop his price and try to scare off competitive bids).  You can't keep this genie in the bottle.