• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hardaway has potential, but stage-fright vs. Washington is disappointment

hawks774

I was hoping that Tim Hardaway would have a significantly bigger and positive impact in this playoff series, but was the moment too big for him?  I do not know if he should receive a long term contract north of 10 million per year. I do not expect for Hardaway to put up John Wall numbers, but Hardaway needed to do more in this Washington series. Dennis  did take his game to another level, but Tim did not and that is disappointing and that means the Hawks may have to look for another veteran shooting guard  in the offseason who is more consistent and dependable to beat teams such as Washington in a playoff series.

8 minutes ago, hawks774 said:

I was hoping that Tim Hardaway would have a significantly bigger and positive impact in this playoff series, but was the moment too big for him?  I do not know if he should receive a long term contract north of 10 million per year. I do not expect for Hardaway to put up John Wall numbers, but Hardaway needed to do more in this Washington series. Dennis  did take his game to another level, but Tim did not and that is disappointing and that means the Hawks may have to look for another veteran shooting guard  in the offseason who is more consistent and dependable to beat teams such as Washington in a playoff series.

He is a streaky player that got cold when needed the most. That's what players like him do. That's why they usually come off the bench instead of starting because you play them when they're hot and bench them when they're not.

• Like 1

Sometimes a sixth man evolve into a starter. It happened with Harden and even a player such as Kyle Korver when he was with the Hawks. Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I thought  Hardaway being the son of a NBA  player would have given him an edge, but maybe tim Jr. has hit his ceiling as a player and will remain inconsistent and never a franchise player.

44 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

So, he isn't the next Eddie Jones after all?

When he's consistent he is, when he isn't, he looks terrible. That's more of a trend that you see from Nick Young. Eddie while he wasn't always consistent, he was a reliable starter. Tim hasn't shown that. If anything, his numbers on defense fall off as a starter. 

1 hour ago, hawks774 said:

Sometimes a sixth man evolve into a starter. It happened with Harden and even a player such as Kyle Korver when he was with the Hawks. Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I thought  Hardaway being the son of a NBA  player would have given him an edge, but maybe tim Jr. has hit his ceiling as a player and will remain inconsistent and never a franchise player.

Harden was never a legit 6th man. Everybody knew he was supposed to be starting over Thabo. He was a 3rd overall pick for reason. And Kyle was NEVER a legit starter. Only a team like ours would use him that way

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

When he's consistent he is, when he isn't, he looks terrible. That's more of a trend that you see from Nick Young. Eddie while he wasn't always consistent, he was a reliable starter. Tim hasn't shown that. If anything, his numbers on defense fall off as a starter. 

I was just ribbing you a little. Gonna need to do something during this pitiful offseason.

• Like 1

I'm disappointed in his playoff performance but at the same time I'm not down on his potential.

If you gon start THJ in the playoffs you should have started him all year long. Playing against second units and playing against starters is completely different when doing so full time.

Theres no need to be down on 24 year olds potential that's silly. There aren't many SGs in free agency that can be had and THJ is actually one that can continue to improve. 

Dennis, THJ, Prince is the near future (like next season future) maybe bembry can take on the starting role at SG at some point but all I know right now we need to hold on to those 4 players.

• Like 3

I was ribbing other Wiz fans to look out for "Playoff Timmy"... Now, I want to sign n trade him, and go after a veteran courtmate for Dennis. I would give a long look at Luke Kennard in the draft. 

Realistically, they can't afford to let Hardaway go. The market and draft for SGs is very poor. Tough decisions on Timm and Millsap. 

1 hour ago, Kimsey said:

I was ribbing other Wiz fans to look out for "Playoff Timmy"... Now, I want to sign n trade him, and go after a veteran courtmate for Dennis. I would give a long look at Luke Kennard in the draft. 

Realistically, they can't afford to let Hardaway go. The market and draft for SGs is very poor. Tough decisions on Timm and Millsap. 

I agree about most of this but I actually like a few SG in this upcoming draft however the Hawks don't pick high enough to actually have a chance to get the players I do like so therefore Yes!..THJ is a must resign in my opinion. 

He hasn't hit his full potential yet and I believe he can still get better . Also Free agency doesn't look very good for SG. I wouldn't be surprised if THJ was pursued hard by other teams. We do have bembry and I think he has good potential as well.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JTB said:

I agree about most of this but I actually like a few SG in this upcoming draft however the Hawks don't pick high enough to actually have a chance to get the players I do like so therefore Yes!..THJ is a must resign in my opinion. 

He hasn't hit his full potential yet and I believe he can still get better . Also Free agency doesn't look very good for SG. I wouldn't be surprised if THJ was pursued hard by other teams. We do have bembry and I think he has good potential as well.

I don't see the prospects in this draft for 2 guards. Monk and Kennard are the clear two best pure 2s and I don't like Monk. Kennard could be a 20ppg in this system. He has many holes as Hardaway tho. 

I need a 2 with good handles to pair with Dennis. Honestly, I would go all potential and draft Giles 1st round and Diallo 2nd. 

1 hour ago, Kimsey said:

I don't see the prospects in this draft for 2 guards. Monk and Kennard are the clear two best pure 2s and I don't like Monk. Kennard could be a 20ppg in this system. He has many holes as Hardaway tho. 

I need a 2 with good handles to pair with Dennis. Honestly, I would go all potential and draft Giles 1st round and Diallo 2nd. 

Is Giles a good defender?  I'm on the Patton band wagon.  We need a center who can score inside and out,  cab guard the pick and roll, and defend the perimeter and paint.  I'm not sure if Patton is all that, but he does have the scoring ability the Hawks lack.

Edited by marco102