• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hardaway has potential, but stage-fright vs. Washington is disappointment

hawks774

22 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's a 6th man. Not a starter in this league. Defense is below average and offense is too steaky. Another Nick Young 

I agree. I wish NBA had a Franchise Tag because it's going to take a ridiculous contract like Baze's to keep him which is too much for a 6th man.

I'm hoping Bembry takes the next step in his development.

Prince defied the odds being the first rookie to start under Bud, maybe Bembry could be be the 1st 2nd yr player.

22 hours ago, hawks774 said:

Sometimes a sixth man evolve into a starter. It happened with Harden and even a player such as Kyle Korver when he was with the Hawks. Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I thought  Hardaway being the son of a NBA  player would have given him an edge, but maybe tim Jr. has hit his ceiling as a player and will remain inconsistent and never a franchise player.

This may not be the right system for Hardaway then to be that guy. 

You look at Harden and Korver when they got a bigger role, they got the ball more. Here Dennis got the ball in his hands. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think "stage fright" is a good enough reason not to believe in a YOUNG player. Timmy has the total skillset you look for at his position and has the athleticism and growing build needed to continue to get better at his biggest weakness which was his defense. He isn't turnover prone, doesn't have bad habits, and isn't injury prone or have any physical short comings. 

His mental makeup will only improve as a vet but he has more than enough maturity and composure unlike a player like Bazemore. 

I think people are over reacting to his play. He is a starter on this team for sure and for several others as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I don't think "stage fright" is a good enough reason not to believe in a YOUNG player. Timmy has the total skillset you look for at his position and has the athleticism and growing build needed to continue to get better at his biggest weakness which was his defense. He isn't turnover prone, doesn't have bad habits, and isn't injury prone or have any physical short comings. 

His mental makeup will only improve as a vet but he has more than enough maturity and composure unlike a player like Bazemore. 

I think people are over reacting to his play. He is a starter on this team for sure and for several others as well. 

Agree 100%....we can't give up on young players, it's a mistake this group often does then wonder why we don't have any young assets to build around.