• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How can we realistically get better?

Wurider05

The team needs talent and shooting on the wings; free agency doesn't provide that. I've read Reddick is supposedly going to command 15-20 million, you can keep that sumbitch.

So tangible improvements will have to made exclusively in the draft for this team. Would love to do a sign and trade Hardaway for any deal that makes sense. 

I like Dwight, but admit he's very limited these days. On the flip side, he avg. 13.5 ppg and 12.5 rebs on 63.5 percent in 29.5 minutes. The Hawks were 2nd overall in points given up in the paint behind Memphis.

It's not his fault Dennis has developed into a shoot first pg with no other pg. That the team ranked 23rd in 3 point shooting.  

• Premium Member

We need a BU PG and some shooters.

THJr could be a shooter..I have seen guys who has the stroke grow into a better percentage.  However, if we're going to stay with Bud, we need a Kyle Korver 2.0.   It ain't Dunleavy.

We should target Gary Harris and Pattie Mills.   Especially if CP3 goes to San Antonio. 

In the draft, I like John Collins.  I think he will be a good BU to Sap. 

Dennis, Mills

Harris, THJr, Bembry

Prince, Baze, Dunleavy

Sap, Collins

Dwight, Moose 

We have to expect some growth.  Also, this is a test year for Bud.  He needs Shooters. 

Except we're forgetting (and the cap rules are hard to remember) that once Millsap and Hardaway Jr get resigned, assuming both are, that's it, there's no more cap left and there are no loopholes that the Hawks can exploit to get more talent on the team. Those loopholes existed last year (no rules were changed) but they are not available this year.

It's why a lot of us have been saying that if the Hawks can't get at least one if not both of Bazemore/Howard off the team, resigning Millsap is stupid and puts the team into cap h**l.

It really is as bad as the 2014 Braves. The Bazemore/Howard contracts might force the Hawks to blow it up.

Edited by Lurker

Yeah, if we are able to sign Sap our starting lineup could be close to ninety million per whether its Tim or Baze starting at SG. Hopefully less pricy with Tim starting and these playoffs making his contract a little more reasonable. It would still be well over eighty million though for five guys. Baze off the bench costing the price of two really good utility guys, ugh. Still better than starting though.