• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Problem is Dennis.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I know you see his point output and say... he's the man.

However, why is it that Korver, Baze, Dwight... all carry the wrap that they can't "Create For themselves" . 

If we're modeled after the Spurs then that means that Dennis should look like Parker.

http://www.nba.com/video/2017/04/04/0021601161-mem-sas-play4

Where's the drive and kick??

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

However, why is it that Korver, Baze, Dwight... all carry the wrap that they can't "Create For themselves" . 

If we're modeled after the Spurs then that means that Dennis should look like Parker.

Because they can't.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You're a glutton for punishment. But you always take your lumps like a man and come right back for more. I actually admire that. You already know how this thread is going to go, I hope you have your flame suit on.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

Because they can't.

NO doubt..but 95% of the league can't.   Blake Griffin can't.  Klay Thompson Can't.  LaMarcus Aldridge Can't.  Kevin Love Can't.   Again... having players that can't create for themselves is not new and is not a problem if you have a playmaker. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hawkman said:

You're a glutton for punishment. But you always take your lumps like a man and come right back for more. I actually admire that. You already know how this thread is going to go, I hope you have your flame suit on.

There needs to be a dose of truth here instead of continual complaints.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Where's the pass into the post?

Where the pocket pass?

There's a floor generalship that is missing.  Assists are empty if it doesn't serve a purpose and Dennis has a lot of that empty assist going.  We start and we don't establish anything.. don't get any players going.  Don't force the defense to sag... 

UNTIL Dennis learns to do these things, we will always point at the next guy and say.. He doesn't know how to create for himself.   Ladies and gentlemen, there are few players that can create for themselves on this level.  Very few... but teams still win and players are still productive.

All of what you say is true but you have to give Schro some time to develop those aspects of his game. If he has the same issues next season, then we can revisit this.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Jody23 said:

And if Dennis doesn't continue to improve in the areas he needs to, then the criticism he gets will be warranted.  But, this was the guys first year playing more than about 20 minutes a game.  He's 23 years old.  Give him some time at least.

Well, why point the finger at all these other guys and say they are the problem.  The truth is Dennis is not a playmaker on a team that needs a playmaker.  PERIOD.   Paul George is not walking through that door.  Kawhi Leonard is not walking throught that door.. THEY ARE THE 5%.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, why point the finger at all these other guys and say they are the problem.  The truth is Dennis is not a playmaker on a team that needs a playmaker.  PERIOD.   Paul George is not walking through that door.  Kawhi Leonard is not walking throught that door.. THEY ARE THE 5%.

I get that you don't like Dennis, but blaming him for the shortcomings of other guys on the team isn't reasonable.

• Like 1

• Admin

I don't disagree that Dennis needs to do a better job of getting others involved ... he plays a more of score first but its a work in progress...  as for Dwight yes Dennis should have been doing a better job of feeding him but Dwight was terrible at establishing position...  He just didn't seem to really do it.  

3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I don't disagree that Dennis needs to do a better job of getting others involved ... he plays a more of score first but its a work in progress...  as for Dwight yes Dennis should have been doing a better job of feeding him but Dwight was terrible at establishing position...  He just didn't seem to really do it.  

Unfortunately I agree but at the same time it also has to do with this new era. It's all about spread offenses now. I don't fault Dennis for that, most of thsss younger rising stars like Dennis don't know what to do with a traditional center. 

Notice we have more scoring all star pgs coming into the league than cp3s and rondos and Nash's....it's just this new era . They don't know how to play with traditional centers...I hate it but it's true and it's not just Dennis it's many young pgs.

look at Harden...he's not a pg but we knew he had playmaking skills however he's not a good post passer in my opinion. He's basically another lebron offense guy , simple drive and kick ....drive and kick....drive and kick....the whole game that's it....drive and kick ....absolutely hate that lebron dominates the east with simplicity 

• Like 2

The guy was 14th in assists for guards this season on one of the worst offenses in the league with many of the players above him averaging more minutes. You adjust for the minutes and the pace and I am sure he would be near the top. Not to mention it was his first year starting. I don't understand the nonsense about him being a ball hog. Do we not want Schröder to drive iso against a slow moving big man when he gets the switch? I certainly do... Give me that all day. Does he need to work on having better awareness while driving? Yes. But that's a hard thing to do when trying to beat your man with speed.

• Like 3