• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What if the Hawks intend to overpay Millsap

ISOJOE

It would obviously mean that the Hawks FO doesn't want to retool in the near future. I wouldn't like this direction but a big trade could make it interesting imo.

Phil Jackson is trying to drive Melo away so that he waives his no-trade clause and he possibly will.

1. Trade

Hawks get: Melo, Lee

Knicks get: Schröder, Bazemore, 31st pick via BKN

---> 37-40mio capspace 

--------------

2. Sign a PG:

A options: Holiday, Teague, George Hill 

B options that would likely avoid luxury tax: Livingston, Collison

-----------

3. Sign Millsap 

--------------------------------------------------

S5: PG-Lee-Melo-Millsap-Howard

Small ball lineup:

PG-Lee-Prince-Melo-Sap

This is not a serious post/thread.

So one of our Euros is now calling for us to trade Dennis .. for sMelo?  Really?

Oh, and just go out and sign a starting point guard?

You think we're stupid, @ISOJOE?

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LOL, trade Dennis for Melo. 

You know this is a bad trade idea if Supers and I are on the same side on it.

@ISOJOE, you are now the $waggy P of Hawksquawk.  Congrats?

1 minute ago, ISOJOE said:

Wtf is your problem ?

What do you mean?  I mean, tell me what you're objecting to and I'll be able to answer.

Why is it a bad trade for the Hawks if they don't want to retool?

If they want to stay competitive, they've already committed to Dennis being the starting point.  They won't turn an answer into a question if they're planning on staying competitive.

To get sMelo or any other win-now guy, it'll be Prince and draft picks traded.  On top of that, Melo has nowhere near the value to trade a lock-starter for him at this point.

The Knicks will be lucky to get pennies on the dollar considering they've killed his value by making it abundantly clear that they want him gone.

Next, I still believe Bazemore could be traded for some value.

vor 7 Minuten, kg01 sagte:

If they want to stay competitive, they've already committed to Dennis being the starting point.  They won't turn an answer into a question if they're planning on staying competitive.

To get sMelo or any other win-now guy, it'll be Prince and draft picks traded.  On top of that, Melo has nowhere near the value to trade a lock-starter for him at this point.

The Knicks will be lucky to get pennies on the dollar considering they've killed his value by making it abundantly clear that they want him gone.

Next, I still believe Bazemore could be traded for some value.

----------------

vor 26 Minuten, ISOJOE sagte:

No, Dennis + negative asset for a very solid guard starter + melo

(Still confused)

That is the difference. Baze is a negative asset and it is relatively obvious. It's not just Schröder for Melo because Lee is a proven NBA starter. He is way better than baze and more reliable than THjr.

27 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

----------------

That is the difference. Baze is a negative asset and it is relatively obvious. It's not just Schröder for Melo because Lee is a proven NBA starter. He is way better than baze and more reliable than THjr.

See, that's the thing.  Many view Lee as a negative asset as well.  He was awful for NYK.  Flat out awful.  Worse than Bazemore was for us.  He is not, in any universe, way better than Bazemore (who I hate).  He's equal, at best and is not a reliable starter.

Granted, for CHA last year, Lee was pretty good in a reserve role.  As is the case with many backups, as a starter, he stunk.

This is not directed at you, but this is why I hate the way people use analytics.  They look at what a player does in limited minutes and simply assume that, in increased minutes, there'll be no drop-off in what the player does.  Humans don't work that way.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

sMelo

Lmmfao dude stop saying Smelo...it totally ruins the credibility of your post cuz every time I read that I start giggling like a little girl. 

Totally reminds me of this @kg01 lol

29 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Melo does not want to play here, he wants to stay in NY.  Case closed.  In addition we don't need any malcontents

I don't know how true this is anymore.  Him staying while Phil is clearly trying to get him out undermines his manhood a bit IMHO.  He may look to get out just to stick it to Phil.

Melo can be had for Baze + picks I'm sure! We already went over this in the thread I created.

theres no way in hell Phil is getting a rising star like Dennis, an all star, or superstar caliber player for 35 or 36 year old Carmelo Anthony! No one in their right mind would make that trade.

Dennis is the best most promising young player the Hawks have had in a while and he just showed out in the playoffs, somewhere melo hasn't been in years. So for the Hawks that trade with Dennis for melo is unreal.

knicks or Phil I should say just wants to get some type of value back for melo. They want out of that old mans contract and to continue to just get younger around portzingis. He knows he's not going to get some young upcoming player for melo. The best he can get is a solid average starter and picks, that's it. He'd probably prefer expiring contracts back for melo but at the end of the day if the Hawks really want to make a run at him Baze+(Another Filler)+Pick would be one of the Knicks best offers for their aging star.

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't know how true this is anymore.  Him staying while Phil is clearly trying to get him out undermines his manhood a bit IMHO.  He may look to get out just to stick it to Phil.

He's leaving I'm insanely confident he's leaving!

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde, kg01 sagte:

He was awful for NYK.  Flat out awful.  

HELL NO !

53,3 eFG%, 40,1 3P% on 3,5 3PA, 1.1 stl, 2.3 Assists, 11 PPG

Edited by ISOJOE

HELL NO !

Quote all the nimbers you want.  The Knicks were regretting that deal they gave him by midseason.

Idk about American Knicks fans but German Knicks fans don't regret it at all and there is also no need for it. He plays like an average NBA SG starter and only gets 11-12mio per year.

I quote facts and you're saying that he was awful....without any valid explanation... :huh: