• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My squad for next year if I was GM

terrellgroup

First, I am not sure if we can sign both Milsap and Thj, but if we can , this is what I would do as GM:

Before signing Sap, I would make a trade for Carmelo, perhaps the knicks would except and first round this year and second round 2018. If so,

Dennis

Prince

Carmelo

Sap

Howard

2 squad

Tyreke Evans, Malcolm

Thj

Bazemore

I would love to get Gordon, pg13 or butler, but that is unlikely.

With this lineup, the Hawks would be second in the east

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taurean Prince doesn't have the lateral speed to play shooting guard.

I think he can against some 2 guards, in addition he has an advantage against the smaller ones.

Tyreke can help Bembry learn how to play , the 1,2 and 3 position.

Plus if you want to go small you can play:

Dennis

Thj

Prince

Camelo

Milsap

That is a nice squad. Camelo is doable player who can get 15 to 20 points per game with little effort.

1 minute ago, terrellgroup said:

I think he can against some 2 guards, in addition he has an advantage against the smaller ones.

Sigh, but no. This is the same thing as "Paul Millsap can play small forward!"

Just because they might be able to guard 1-4 (I think Prince can), doesn't mean they can guard a smaller guard full time.

Just because they might be able to guard 1-4 (I think Prince can), doesn't mean they can guard a smaller guard full time.

That is why you have options, you still have Thj or bazemore.

I left out , you can go bigger with:

Tyreke

Prince

Camelo

Milsap

Howard

Thats pushing 120 million in your top seven guys and thats not counting Tyreke. Don't believe everyone can be here but if they could I still wouldn't go for it because can't see Melo and Dwight making it much fun together and then add in a low efficiency guy in Tyreke. He made ten million this season so he won't be a bargain either.

I agree, tyreke is not he best shooter, BUT, he is older, I can't speaker for him , but I'm he is no longer an impact player, he might go for a small increase in salary.

Look, camelo, Howard and sap are older, I think all of them wants that ring. I can't speak on their relationship. But what I do know is that squad would be hard to beat.

This squad gives options. Bud can pick , based on his opponents who starts. By default my starters would be : Dennis, prince, lo, sap, and Howard

• Admin

Can never work salary cap wise ... also Melo would have to agree to be traded here and a first and second is not going to do it...plays some salary has to go back and don't say Baze ... his contract is not a positive for other teams

This team would be betting a lot on the vets staying healthy AND productive. This would be a gamble that I could easily see this team losing in the short and long run. 

Plus Melo is not saving this team. No need for to make the cap worse for a suspect "big 3". That is exactly what that combination of players would be. 

• Admin
47 minutes ago, Guard said:

This team would be betting a lot on the vets staying healthy AND productive. This would be a gamble that I could easily see this team losing in the short and long run. 

Plus Melo is not saving this team. No need for to make the cap worse for a suspect "big 3". That is exactly what that combination of players would be. 

Melo is not saving any team ... he is going to be a vastly overpaid scorer very very soon

There is no point in resigning Milsap, if you don't intend to go all end. If the plan is to strategically passive , simply let sap walk

You have 5 1st round picks in the next 3 years(ish) + the first pick in the 2nd this year. You already have Prince, Bembry, Dennis as young players. When you roll those salary commits into the next 3 years it comes out to a payroll of about 35-45 million in 9 players.  Which means you have approximately 65 million to spend on 6 other players in 2020.  Do you really want one of those 6 to be a 35 year old Sap at $40 million?  Think about this and Nameste.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thecampster said:

You have 5 1st round picks in the next 3 years(ish) + the first pick in the 2nd this year. You already have Prince, Bembry, Dennis as young players. When you roll those salary commits into the next 3 years it comes out to a payroll of about 35-45 million in 9 players.  Which means you have approximately 65 million to spend on 6 other players in 2020.  Do you really want one of those 6 to be a 35 year old Sap at $40 million?  Think about this and Nameste.

Good point. We can keep THJ and Ersan for less than it would cost to keep Sap, and hopefully turn that into a good scoring bench in another year or two if we draft good players that can start.

I understand the numbers but I don't think the owner wants to wait. Well that is what he said on 92.9. And it's pretty evident that the owner doesn't want to wait when offering 4 first round picks for pg13 .

So the best doable chance of winning in the next 2 years is melo. Now melo is not one of my favorite players, but we need a consistent scorer, besides sap. I think he can get the job done

4 hours ago, terrellgroup said:

I understand the numbers but I don't think the owner wants to wait. Well that is what he said on 92.9. And it's pretty evident that the owner doesn't want to wait when offering 4 first round picks for pg13 .

So the best doable chance of winning in the next 2 years is melo. Now melo is not one of my favorite players, but we need a consistent scorer, besides sap. I think he can get the job done

Melo is a defensive black hole.  115 is defense with Melo on court, 108 = off court.  No thank you.  Offensively on court = +3.8.  So yes Melo helps an offense but he kills a defense. Melo doesn't help anyone win.

Offense: Pts per 100 Poss.
+3.8
Defense: Pts per 100 Poss.
+6.6

Compare this with THj.  The team is .4 points better with THj on the floor defensively but 9.1 points better offensively.

+9.1

THj is considered to be a poor defender (mostly based on reputation) but these charts show the team is slightly better with him on the floor defensively and he's 3x the impact on offense as Melo.  Consider Melo from 3 years ago.

+12.2
+3.4

Here you'd have an argument that his offense mitigates the poor defense but he's been trending worse and worse for years. A change of scenery at his age isn't going to make it better.

Melo is a defensive black hole.  115 is defense with Melo on court, 108 = off court.  No thank you.  Offensively on court = +3.8.  So yes Melo helps an offense but he kills a defense. Melo doesn't help anyone win.

+3.8
+6.6

Compare this with THj.  The team is .4 points better with THj on the floor defensively but 9.1 points better offensively.

+9.1

THj is considered to be a poor defender (mostly based on reputation) but these charts show the team is slightly better with him on the floor defensively and he's 3x the impact on offense as Melo.  Consider Melo from 3 years ago.

+12.2
+3.4

Here you'd have an argument that his offense mitigates the poor defense but he's been trending worse and worse for years. A change of scenery at his age isn't going to make it better.

Melo plays defense when wants to. In addition, you never know, he is pissed at the knicks so he might have something to prove.

Peep this, with melo and sap on court, what team in the east has a better duo forward lineup?

+3.8
+6.6

+9.1

+12.2
+3.4

I wish we can get butler, pg 13, or Gordon. So, Removing them from available guys, who is next? Waiters, huh Gallinari (which I do like).

Look, This is what I know, hawks CANNOT bring that same line up as last year, that's lame. Actually insane.

Stats does not override selling tickets and I would go see melo and sap on the court.

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Who's next Derrick Rose?  Keep your day job!

Wasn't Rose mentioned in some trade scenario coming to us on here at the deadline?  Might have been a dark humor post, the joke on us of course.

• Like 1