• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My squad for next year if I was GM

terrellgroup

12 hours ago, terrellgroup said:

There is no point in resigning Milsap, if you don't intend to go all end. If the plan is to strategically passive , simply let sap walk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't call it passive. I'd call it logical. Having three old dudes as as your key players is a recipe for disaster.  This roster is already lame . I just don't see  the point in making the cap worse.

I personally don't want Sap back because his contract is going to look terrible when his game starts to breakdown.  It's going to happen soon whether some people want to admit it or not.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, terrellgroup said:

First, I am not sure if we can sign both Milsap and Thj, but if we can , this is what I would do as GM:

Before signing Sap, I would make a trade for Carmelo, perhaps the knicks would except and first round this year and second round 2018. If so,

Dennis

Prince

Carmelo

Sap

Howard

2 squad

Tyreke Evans, Malcolm

Thj

Bazemore

I would love to get Gordon, pg13 or butler, but that is unlikely.

With this lineup, the Hawks would be second in the east

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We cannot trade for Melo and still keep Dwight and Bazemore even if we hold on resigning Millsap (who just opted out - caphold $30) and renounce all of our other free agents. That would be total of approx. $91.9 million  That leaves $10 million in capspace before the Melo trade.  At a minimum Baze's contract will need to be moved to trade for Melo, then that leaves us with ZERO capspace.

(I didn't even include THJrs caphold in the calcs)

If we are trading for a good player, I want it to be Vucevic. I think he's a similar player to Al and would be an incredible fit here. Orlando might tank, so he could be gettable. I'd be willing to trade Dwight for pretty much anything if we could get our hands on Vuc.