• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Its Official...Travis Schlenk is the New Hawks GM

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Worse cancer on the team is Dwight Howard. If he doesn't play 25-30 minutes and start he will destroy our locker room.

The coaching staff just needs to work with Howard over the summer on a wide variety of issues..Starting with his diet and conditioning.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

The coaching staff just needs to work with Howard over the summer on a wide variety of issues..Starting with his diet and conditioning.

Dwight has proven that Dwight is unreachable over multiple teams.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Dwight has proven that Dwight is unreachable over multiple teams.

Nonsense...Plenty of players have changed their approach later in their careers...Can you say JR Smith?

• Like 1

The best that can be hoped for is Dwight is going to do what Dwight does and not be whiny about it. He'll look to post up, which will mostly get totally ignored, even by wise vets on the team, unless you pair him with Jose Calderon. He'll rebound, and sometimes bring the effort on D in a bigger way than seen. He'll continue to not play PNR, instead roll to the post and get automatically ignored and most of the time, be a big body that is in the way of Schröder and Prince on offense.

I hope people realize that Dwight's only actual good fit would be Golden State with his limitations, and that most point guards in today's NBA would get on his nerves....yes including CP3.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Nonsense...Plenty of players have changed their approach later in their careers...Can you say JR Smith?

Since when did LeBron James join the Hawks?

Dwight is going to be unreachable unless he has the chance to win a chip.

Just now, Lurker said:

The best that can be hoped for is Dwight is going to do what Dwight does and not be whiny about it. He'll look to post up, which will mostly get totally ignored, even by wise vets on the team, unless you pair him with Jose Calderon. He'll rebound, and sometimes bring the effort on D in a bigger way than seen. He'll continue to not play PNR, instead roll to the post and get automatically ignored and most of the time, be a big body that is in the way of Schröder and Prince on offense.

I hope people realize that Dwight's only actual good fit would be Golden State with his limitations, and that most point guards in today's NBA would get on his nerves....yes including CP3.

Toronto is a good fit for him. Team's who got slashers. I am not sure he wants to be what JaVale McGee is

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Toronto is a good fit for him. Team's who got slashers. I am not sure he wants to be what JaVale McGee is

On offense. Not on defense.

The only team that can hide him in the league is Golden State. That's saying a lot.

33 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Can you define "limited ceiling" (as in what it means to you)? 

They aren't going to get much better than they are right now. They need the right fit for continued development 

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

On offense. Not on defense.

The only team that can hide him in the league is Golden State. That's saying a lot.

I disagree. He can do what Jonas does on D but he can protect the rim. Toronto also has their center of the future as well, when team's trying to PnR him to death, they can bench him. They are actually a good fit especially for how he sees himself.

Dwight don't want to be a garbage man.

• Premium Member

Like I said...If Howard worked on a few things like his nutrition and conditioning meaning losing weight, he could transform his game.  So if y'all want to debate what Howard can do as is, the 2 of you can have at it.  But if the Hawks conditioning program is all that then they would help Howard's conditioning this summer.  Coaching is year round and Bud should do his freaking job.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AHF said:

Every player has a ceiling.  THJr has seriously improved each of the last two seasons.  Baze hasn't.  So I'm not ready to say Tim is done developing but I am ready to say that I see more of a path for continued improvement for him than for Baze.

He's been in a better fit situation. When he wasn't, he didn't play well.

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So we hired the two trainers from the Warriors in 2015 now their assistant GM in 2017.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/atlanta-hawks-add-two-trainers-staff-from-warriors/8kwIZfJG12Q6Je3lKSyqGN/

(Remember Wally Blase - wonder what he's up to these days?)

I'd make a joke about him being at an all-you-can-eat buffet at a titty bar during the day shift but his goons still looking for me in these streets.

42 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

I'd make a joke about him being at an all-you-can-eat buffet at a titty bar during the day shift but his goons still looking for me in these streets.

You steal their hair gel to polish your shoes?....:-|

Wait for it....;-)

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Like I said...If Howard worked on a few things like his nutrition and conditioning meaning losing weight, he could transform his game.  So if y'all want to debate what Howard can do as is, the 2 of you can have at it.  But if the Hawks conditioning program is all that then they would help Howard's conditioning this summer.  Coaching is year round and Bud should do his freaking job.

Dwight has quite a few problems before nutrition and conditioning. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, High5 said:

Dwight has quite a few problems before nutrition and conditioning. 

I disagree...Howard played with low energy on most nights during the season because he is over weight.  He would benefit from improving his Nutrition and conditioning.  You Howard haters refuse to acknowledge that he does have strengths on the basketball court.  And certainly he needs to become a better passer but his main problem appears to be effort.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2017 at 0:10 AM, marco102 said:

IF the Hawks move up AND want a guard, I'd love for them to select Frank Ntilikina (not for the simple fact that Nique will butcher his name on a nightly basis, but because this kid has Hawks star written all over him. ) 6-5 with an almost 7 ft wingspan, can play the 1 to 2 and small ball 3. He's also a decent defender and shooter.   He will turn 19  the week AFTER the draft.  Give Bud this kid and let him mold him into the star we need.  

If they do move up to get him, I'd select Jordan Bell with pick #31 or even Harry Giles (it's a second round pick after all you might as well roll the dice). I'd much rather perfer Jordan Bell as I feel he's more Hawksy.  Giles only because we will need a young big who can rebound and at this point I believe that's all Giles can do.  Maybe he will tap into the potential he had in high school maybe not, but with a second round pick he's worth a gamble.FRANK NTILIKINA - Source: ©DraftExpress

I've honestly never watched him, but from what I've read about his game, he seems like a guy Coach Bud would love. I was listening to some draft podcasts today and everyone who talked about him said he's a great, long athlete who could be the best perimeter defender in the draft, and he has a good shot. The Hawks would have to move into the top 10 though which, I think, could be done.

IMG_9107.PNG

• Like 2

Honestly, I do not mind trading Dennis for a top 5 pick in this draft. He is a C+/B- level player with A- talent but him getting there could be very hard and even if we built the team around him, he needs a lot to fit his game and will it be enough to contender with in today's NBA.

Trade up for Fox or Frank. 

Draft Giles or Patton

Draft another big with 31. 

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They aren't going to get much better than they are right now. They need the right fit for continued development 

So let me get this straight. You think a player who has 3...count em, 3 total years in the league has peaked?  So last year, Dennis peaked?  Al Horford peaked in 2010? Kobe peaked at 22?  Hardaway has 62 career NBA starts and you believe he is done developing? Its a new WTF moment with you and Lurker daily.

At the exact same age, term of development, Kent Bazemore averaged 5.2 points per game. Golden State and the Lakers both gave up on him the year before. Last year he averaged 11 points and got a $15 million dollar contract. But you are trying to tell me that Hardaway's ceiling is maxed and he isn't going to get more than 12 million after scoring 14.5 / game last year. Keep the opinions coming. They are fascinating. I especially like the ones every year where you swear you have inside knowledge about who the Hawks are acquiring at the trade deadline.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

But if the Hawks conditioning program is all that then they would help Howard's conditioning this summer.  Coaching is year round and Bud should do his freaking job.

I agree with you but the coaching staff can't watch Dwight 24/7 when he sneaks into the kitchen for a burger and fries at 2am...I agree that he can get in better shape for sure though. He's talented but there's something funky going on in his head that's keeping him from essentially still being a top 30 player in this league and that kinda sucks for everyone involved.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Trade up for Fox or Frank. 

Fox is a top 5 guy but Frank is ranging in most mocks between 8-11. I actually think I prefer Frank to Fox. I think we should keep Dennis unless we got a no brainer deal for him. 

Dennis is a fierce competitor and he's gonna continue to grow. I love the hype of moving up into the top 5 or 10 but I don't think it would be quite worth the assets we would have to give up for the player. If it was Fultz or Ball it would be a no brainer but I dunno about Fox and Frank.

Personally I'd stick with our #19 pick because there will be a solid player available at that slot that we could groom with Bud and Schlenk is known for his recognition of talent so if anything we should probably trade down if we like a guy that we think might drop like a Caleb or a Rabb. 

I appreciate your your passion for a quick tank though. I really wanna have a young star or multiple young stars quickly as well.