• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Its Official...Travis Schlenk is the New Hawks GM

Peoriabird

On 5/25/2017 at 9:01 AM, AHF said:

When did expecting someone to give you close to regular season performance in the playoffs become ridiculous?  Tim is not on track to being a top 10 starter in any way shape or form.  He is a plus reserve, minus starter today.  Upside is an average starter (ie #15-20 in the league).  Downside is never being starter worthy due to passable at his peak defense and inconsistent offense.

This is a mark the tape moment and you and I will revisit in 1 year and then again at 3.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

This is a mark the tape moment and you and I will revisit in 1 year and then again at 3.

AHF has already eaten crow over THjr so a few more feathers won't cause him any harm.

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

AHF has already eaten crow over THjr so a few more feathers won't cause him any harm.

Well, to my point. The guy became starter with 20 or 30 games left in the season, has less than 70 NBA starts under his belt and playing opposite Bradley Beal. Young players can wet the bed. It happens. The standard people had expecting him to put up 20 a game against the Wiz was ridiculous. Three years and 3 years of starting from now, he does this during the playoffs and yah...I'll be upset. But 30 games into being a starter in Atlanta going against Bradley Beal. It happens.

Edited by thecampster

11 hours ago, thecampster said:

Well, to my point. The guy became starter with 20 or 30 games left in the season, has less than 70 NBA starts under his belt and playing opposite Bradley Beal. Young players can wet the bed. It happens. The standard people had expecting him to put up 20 a game against the Wiz was ridiculous. Three years and 3 years of starting from now, he does this during the playoffs and yah...I'll be upset. But 30 games into being a starter in Atlanta going against Bradley Beal. It happens.

You don't give someone 70+ million when they haven't proven themselves. That's the exact definition of a bad contracts that q-ball is referring to in building Warriors East. 

And....I don't think THJ is getting 70 million. When you look past his highlight dunking and ridiculous hot stretches in games like Houston, he really doesn't have a lot positive to offer for an NBA team. We rail on Kent, but he does a lot of important "little things" (s***, hate using someone's line) that NBA teams love. He's supposed to be 3/D and is a hustle player.

Just now, Lurker said:

And....I don't think THJ is getting 70 million. When you look past his highlight dunking and ridiculous hot stretches in games like Houston, he really doesn't have a lot positive to offer for an NBA team. We rail on Kent, but he does a lot of important "little things" (s***, hate using someone's line) that NBA teams love. He's supposed to be 3/D and is a hustle player.

That will be the price for an average NBA starter in the new NBA unless you draft a starter and then you can pay a lot less. 

I would be willing to bet anything he gets 15+ annual average and that's just too much.

6 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

That will be the price for an average NBA starter in the new NBA unless you draft a starter and then you can pay a lot less. 

I would be willing to bet anything he gets 15+ annual average and that's just too much.

What if you're not seen as a starter? As I don't think the NBA opinion is that he's a legitimate starter. I think he's seen as a Terrence Ross type, below average starter, plus backup.

Would think just about everyone would have the same concerns about Tim that we do. The question is he a legit thirty minute guy or not and will he break out in the playoffs (hasn't happened yet). Hoping he is no more than 10-12 million range. Of course Baze proved me way wrong last year but then that was the bizarre bubble I hope we never see again, we may be able to swing that mythical trade with Baze involved, we'll see. Just the same if Sap is indeed gone I would bring Tim back in that price range if thats what it takes knowing we do draft a big at #19 fearing that scenario. 

Bleacher Report projects him to be one of the 5 worst contracts for this off season.

Rival teams have no doubt noticed Hardaway's progress, and he'll be rewarded handsomely for his leap. Blossoming three-and-D talents always fetch a pretty penny (see: Crabbe, Allen), and Hardaway's restricted status encourages offer sheets structured to try convincing the Hawks it's not worth matching (see: Crabbe, again). He won't get Bazemore ($70 million) or Crabbe ($74.8 million) money, but he'll come uncomfortably close.

Ballpark Contract Prediction: Four years, $58 million

I think if he gets 4 years then he'll get 5 and push him well over 70. I also believe he has to be paid at least as much as Baze if we expect him to start over Baze.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Except THJ is not see as 3/D nationally.

Regardless he's seen as a young wing with a lot if scoring potential and the ability to at least marginally improve on defense. He's got "potential" and that always gets overpaid in the NBA. 

14 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Regardless he's seen as a young wing with a lot if scoring potential and the ability to at least marginally improve on defense. He's got "potential" and that always gets overpaid in the NBA. 

I just think y'all are going to be shocked at how regarded he actually is. It's not as highly as a lot of y'all think.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I just think y'all are going to be shocked at how regarded he actually is. It's not as highly as a lot of y'all think.

I don't think he's highly regarded. I think he'll be highly overpaid to the tune of 70 million because of the things I mentioned above. That's what an average NBA starting player contract is going to look like now. Two years ago he probably gets 7-9 million but it will be almost double now. 

36 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I don't think he's highly regarded. I think he'll be highly overpaid to the tune of 70 million because of the things I mentioned above. That's what an average NBA starting player contract is going to look like now. Two years ago he probably gets 7-9 million but it will be almost double now. 

Then prepare to be amazed as he's not seen as an established starter.

50 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Then prepare to be amazed as he's not seen as an established starter.

I think you mis-read. I never said he's an established starter. Why not amaze us and tell us what contract he will get. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I think you mis-read. I never said he's an established starter. Why not amaze us and tell us what contract he will get. 

I see than even Dolfan23 can be dragged into Kelly Ann's..I mean Lurker's spinning wheel of alternative facts. Lol!

• Like 1

I am really not exciting to resign Tim if he is getting more than 10 million per. We should learn our lesson from Bazemore and Howard and don't overpay for decent players. I rather get a player who is not as good but could fit at 3-4 million per.