• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Its Official...Travis Schlenk is the New Hawks GM

Peoriabird

24 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I see than even Dolfan23 can be dragged into Kelly Ann's..I mean Lurker's spinning wheel of alternative facts. Lol!

Glutten for punishment all of you:biggrin:. No matter what stats, facts, proof is laid out.....the sky is still 'green'.

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I see than even Dolfan23 can be dragged into Kelly Ann's..I mean Lurker's spinning wheel of alternative facts. Lol!

It's not much of a challenge to get me spun up into a pissing match as you have seen many times over the years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I went to the school of hard knocks aka lw3 boot camp on how to not let somebody get to you.

First couple times he booted me out of the program and said I wasn't ready. I came back refocused and ready to ignore...

Ive been great since. Thanks lw3!

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Transcript for those who can't watch ...

Host: "Oh and Grant, I see you guys hired Travis Schlenk.  That's a good hire for the Hawks, care to elaborate?"

G Hill (to guy backstage): "He talkin' about the Blue Devils .... but he said 'you guys' ... ohhh, the Hawks?  Who'd they hire?  For what?"

Host: "Uhm Grant, we're live."

GH: "Oh yeh, yeaaah, they had said somethin' about that dude on tha email.  Yeah, he's {pauses to wait for the tablet to load bio} ... oh, from Golden State!?  Yeah we gon' get Steph, boy!"

Caron Butler: "Nah, I don't think the cap ..."

GH: (to host) "Who is dis ****-eyed mutha(bleep) anyway?"

Host: "Well, that's a little insensitive Grant.  Uhm, let's go to commercial.  When we return, let's do some more Cav highlights!"

• Moderators
On 5/28/2017 at 5:50 PM, thecampster said:

This is a mark the tape moment and you and I will revisit in 1 year and then again at 3.

On 5/29/2017 at 0:12 AM, thecampster said:

Well, to my point. The guy became starter with 20 or 30 games left in the season, has less than 70 NBA starts under his belt and playing opposite Bradley Beal. Young players can wet the bed. It happens. The standard people had expecting him to put up 20 a game against the Wiz was ridiculous. Three years and 3 years of starting from now, he does this during the playoffs and yah...I'll be upset. But 30 games into being a starter in Atlanta going against Bradley Beal. It happens.

I'm not saying THJr can't become an average starter.  I said I disagree with you on two things:

(1)  You think it was unfair for people to expect him to perform close to his regular season norms in the playoffs which I don't think is unfair.  All these people are saying is you should be able to expect him to be roughly the same player - hitting roughly the same shots absent some major change in how he is guarded.  He wasn't singled out and given a ton of defensive attention, he just crapped the bed and missed the shots he hit during the regular season.  I can't imagine how low the bar would have to be set for him to have reached some level of "fair" expectation.  Regardless of where you draw the line for a fair projection for his playoff performance he didn't meet it unless you just think he is a pile of garbage at this point in his career.

(2)  I said he is not on track to be one of the 10 best SGs in the league based on this season.  He needs a lot more improvement to reach that level.  It isn't outside the realm of possibility but let's remember what he looked like as a starter this season:

18.6 pp36 (down 1 pp36 from bench role)

.443% FG% (down .023% from bench role)

.343% 3pt% (down .026% from bench role)

Rebounds - same

Assists and turnovers per 36 both increased (A/TO ratio improved which nets this to a real positive)

Blocks and steals per 36 down almost 50% from reserve minutes

+/-:  -1.5 points per game (down 8.1 points per game from his time as a reserve)

His overall numbers were not close to the top 10 last season and other than his assists, they basically all got worse when he started matching up against starters than when he primarily faced opposing reserve players.

So he took a big step in the right direction this years but at his current age 25 he still has some development to complete to become a solid starter (which I think could happen next season) and a really long way to go to reach top 10 status.  

It isn't impossible he reaches that development -- he just isn't on a path right now where it will be a surprise is he is never one of the best 10 guys who can play SG in the league.  To that point, I sure as heck hope we don't pay him like we think it is more likely than not that he is a top 10 SG in the next year or two.

• Like 1

Hey, uhm, Jerry West.  Ya know, if you're lookin' around, you've got a protege down in Atlanta tryna establish some thangs ...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19501765/los-angeles-clippers-want-hire-jerry-west-away-golden-state-warriors

Seems, at the ripe ol' age o' 79, he's still looking for a challenge.  Apparently GS's dominance made him a lil' uncomfortable too ...

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/05/31/nba-finals-warriors-cavaliers-parity-lebron-james-kevin-durant

Hey, if you're lookin' for a challenge .... 

• Premium Member

CViv breaks a story.

So, given the goose/gander theory, do we now await someone tweeting, "I can confirm Chris Vivlamore's report that there will be a news conference tomorrow to introduce the new Hawks GM"... ???

• Like 1