• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk: "The goal is to find another Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green"

GameTime

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

He was considered a lottery type prospect and had high upside going to Texas.

Try again.

Was he a lotto pick?  Says here he was the 19th pick ...

https://www.google.com/search?q=avery+bradley+draft+pick&oq=avery+bradley+draft+pick&aqs=chrome.0.0l2.5192j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

... or is that "lotto" for the purposes of you making your point?  Or did you mean SG's that were considered lotto picks?   I'm really confused, Lurk.

Just now, kg01 said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=avery+bradley+draft+pick&oq=avery+bradley+draft+pick&aqs=chrome.0.0l2.5192j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

... or is that "lotto" for the purposes of you making your point?  Or did you mean SG's that were considered lotto picks?   I'm really confused, Lurk.

Where's the goal post?

Add in crazy ass Jr Smith too.  This is futile.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He was considered a potential lottery pick.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Where's the goal post?

But, technically, he's not a shooting-guard.  He's a shoot-first guard .. yeah, that's it.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Where's the goal post?

Then that means Tim Hardaway Jr won't be a good player outside of with LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony! Thanks for helping me prove my point!

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Still doesn't make THJ have the tools that Butler has...or the ability to guard the best wing on the team.

Sometimes wish that THJ didn't have thunderous dunks, because most of the fanbase is in love with him due to it.

No one is saying that Thjr is Jimmy Butler but he certainly blows up your theory that shooting guards can't get better. Even non lottery ones like Jimmy Butler.

• Like 2

Just now, Peoriabird said:

No one is saying that Thjr is Jimmy Butler but he certainly blows up your theory that shooting guards can't get better. Even non lottery ones like Jimmy Butler.

He's done growing. He's a very limited player. What he is is a 16-18 PPG player at BEST. He won't get any better, and scoring is not seen as highly coveted anymore.

I'd rather not have a shoot first guard like THJ...I'd be happy to let him walk away.

• Premium Member

I'd rather not have a shoot first guard like THJ...I'd be happy to let him walk away.

You would rather not have a shoot first shooting guard???  There you go again Spicer.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You would rather not have a shoot first shooting guard???  There you go again Spicer.

I'll be happy to let a 42% FG/34% 3PT guard walk away, yes. Especially when Millsap helped to fuel him and your silly self wants to let Millsap go.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member

I'll be happy to let a 42% FG/34% 3PT guard walk away, yes. Especially when Millsap heled to fuel him and your silly self wants to let Millsap go.

Where did those numbers come from?  Tim Shot 46% FG/36% 3pt last year

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

Sustained. Not just one season.

My actual circumstances were....what team that was middling for years in the low mid 40s in wins....suddenly shot up to 50+ wins and sustained it, without adding a star player.

Think you'll find few teams like that.

The key is the STAR. No star no sustainability.

LOL . . another condition.   And that team middling in the 40s could very well see one of their own develop into a star player, even if they didn't add one.   This team did just that

Image result for toronto raptors logo

And this franchise hasn't received higher than the #10 pick, since George McCloud in 1989, and has pretty much refused to tank, even if they did miss the playoffs a few years.

Image result for indiana pacers logo

And once again, the Hawks have had chances to upgrade their core of players, with a trade of a few of their younger players for a better established star.  But . . . we loved our core.

• Like 1