• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk: "The goal is to find another Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green"

GameTime

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Not to say that you're wrong but who will pay Sap over $25 mil per season when fewer than 5-6 players in the league are paid that amount? Even after last year spending spree.

It's happening, for better or worse.  If you disagree, can we make an avatar bet on it?  He gets over $25mil, I pick your avatar for a month.  Deal? :cool:

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Not to say that you're wrong but who will pay Sap over $25 mil per season when fewer than 5-6 players in the league are paid that amount? Even after last year spending spree.

Someone will.  There was no incentive for him to decline his $21 million option if there wasn't a chance for a pay raise.  He would have picked up his option then would have been able to extend his contract for an additional 3 years with the Hawks. 

The 5-6 players making that changes this offseason. Again Dwight is making $23 so why won't Sap get $25.  It's about how in demand he'll be.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Someone will.  There was no incentive for him to decline his $21 million option if there wasn't a chance for a pay raise.  He would have picked up his option then would have been able to extend his contract for an additional 3 years with the Hawks. 

The 5-6 players making that changes this offseason. Again Dwight is making $23 so why won't Sap get $25.  It's about how in demand he'll be.

You said it in another post...there was more money available last year and team foolishly over spent.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You said it in another post...there was more money available last year and team foolishly over spent.

He will get the max. The only reason players don't get paid what he's going to get paid now is because the max rises every year. Multiple people are going to get stupid paidvthis offseason because of that. There isn't a chance in hell Millsap gets less than $25 million a year. More like $40 million a year. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, CP61 said:

He will get the max. The only reason players don't get paid what he's going to get paid now is because the max rises every year. Multiple people are going to get stupid paidvthis offseason because of that. There isn't a chance in hell Millsap gets less than $25 million a year. More like $40 million a year. 

He didnt get the max 2 years ago or 4 years ago so what has changed except he was a better player before

• Moderators

@kg01

@Peoriabird

Let's clarify your bet.  Is the $25M for the first year of his contract or the minimum average salary for the next contract?  By way of example, if he gets a 4 year contract paying $24M, $26M, $28M, $30M for an average salary of $27M does KG win the bet because it averages over $25M or does PBird win the bet because it is a 2017-18 salary under $25M?

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

@kg01

@Peoriabird

Let's clarify your bet.  Is the $25M for the first year of his contract or the minimum average salary for the next contract?  By way of example, if he gets a 4 year contract paying $24M, $26M, $28M, $30M for an average salary of $27M does KG win the bet because it averages over $25M or does PBird win the bet because it is a 2017-18 salary under $25M?

Technically the bet was he would get more than $25 million per year

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Technically the bet was he would get more than $25 million per year

So KG wins in that hypothetical.  

I'm rooting for you on this Peoria because if you are right I think it means that Sap has returned to Atlanta on a reasonable deal, but I'm not putting any money on you!

• Like 3

Millsap isn't on the decline lmfao. His **poor shooting numbers** are because his and Howard's games clash big time. Give him an open floor and he's still Paul Millsap, just like how Dennis Schröder has shown he's growing as a starting caliber player with Howard off the floor.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, CP61 said:

There isn't a chance in hell Millsap gets less than $25 million a year. More like $40 million a year. 

Anybody else thinks Millsap gets $40 mil per year like this poster? Lol!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Millsap isn't on the decline lmfao. His **poor shooting numbers** are because his and Howard's games clash big time. Give him an open floor and he's still Paul Millsap, just like how Dennis Schröder has shown he's growing as a starting caliber player with Howard off the floor.

If Howard is responsible for Millsap not being able to finish around the rim like before and hit open 3's, is he also responsible for the improvements seen with Dennis and Hardaway?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

So KG wins in that hypothetical.  

I'm rooting for you on this Peoria because if you are right I think it means that Sap has returned to Atlanta on a reasonable deal, but I'm not putting any money on you!

I can't decide who I'm rooting for...on one hand you are right AHF that if Peoria wins Sap more than likely came back to us in a friendly. 

At the the same time, I'm slowly becoming a fan of the retool. I'd like us to resign Sap a lot as he's been awesome but I'm also ok with going a different route to duck the Cavs for another year or two but then be ready to kick butt.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Anybody else thinks Millsap gets $40 mil per year like this poster? Lol!

40 lol...my guess is 26-29 mill a year.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

If Howard is responsible for Millsap not being able to finish around the rim like before and hit open 3's, is he also responsible for the improvements seen with Dennis and Hardaway?

1. Read my whole post. It's clear that you just stopped with what I said about Millsap. I also said that Dennis has shown he's grown with Dwight off of the court and he's still the same ole' Dennis that struggles with no spacing with him on it.
2. Tim Hardaway Jr was at his best with the bench...which ironically....had no Dwight.

Your point...debunked totally.

My point with Paul Millsap continues to be that he's a freelance player. He needs the floor to be open, and its not with Dwight. And it's not even that he feeds Dwight in the post, he'll throw lobs to him, but remember that game 6 loss? He and Dennis were playing PNR and completely ignoring Dwight.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

1. Read my whole post. It's clear that you just stopped with what I said about Millsap. I also said that Dennis has shown he's grown with Dwight off of the court and he's still the same ole' Dennis that struggles with no spacing with him on it.
2. Tim Hardaway Jr was at his best with the bench...which ironically....had no Dwight.

Your point...debunked totally.

Hardaway averaged 17.5 points per game as a starter.  averaged 12.6 ppg off the bench.

• Like 2