• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk: "The goal is to find another Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green"

GameTime

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Anybody else thinks Millsap gets $40 mil per year like this poster? Lol!

5 years $207 million is his max of web resign him, and I believe that's what it will take. 4 years $154 million is what other teams can offer him. He's going to get a max somewhere for some amount of time, so his per year will be between $38 and $40 million. I don't see how you people didn't know this was coming. It's been talked about all season. Which is why the Paul Millsap era should end.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

On more volume shooting which usually isn't good.

Again, your point, is shot into the sun.

He took 3 more shots per game as a starter

Just now, CP61 said:

5 years $207 million is his max of web resign him, and I believe that's what it will take. 4 years $154 million is what other teams can offer him. He's going to get a max somewhere for some amount of time, so his per year will be between $38 and $40 million. I don't see how you people didn't know this was coming. It's been talked about all season. Which is why the Paul Millsap era should end.

Lol!!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Lol!!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.peachtreehoops.com/platform/amp/2017/2/26/14733186/paul-millsap-max-contract-atlanta-hawks-salary-cap

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/millsap-will-opt-out-but-wants-remain-with-hawks/aPs1vpVQ9YwojIOKDEVVRJ/amp.htmlIt

is going to happen. I'd be willing to bet a lot on it. A four time allstar is going to get the max. That's what his max is. You're going to have to accept it.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Lol!!!!

When you don't have to be the half court "need a basket" guy, it sure makes it easier. If THJ had to do what Millsap did, he'd have continued to shoot poorly like he did to start. He mostly scored on transition and on cuts, which his were not as often.

It's why the complaints about Dennis need to also stop. He often struggles with his own offense unless the floor is spaced or he's tapping into his inner Stephen Curry.

I have said that there is likely more with Dennis, but he's never likely going to be the guy that really helps the team win in every way. More likely, and this is if he figures out how to use his tools on the defensive end, he's Eric Bledsoe.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

When you don't have to be the half court "need a basket" guy, it sure makes it easier. If THJ had to do what Millsap did, he'd have continued to shoot poorly like he did to start. He mostly scored on transition and on cuts, which his were not as often.

It's why the complaints about Dennis need to also stop. He often struggles with his own offense unless the floor is spaced or he's tapping into his inner Stephen Curry.

You went full Sean Spicer on me..I don't know what you are talking about now..You said he was chucking up shots as a starter but the number don't support him talking many more shot as a starter vs coming off the bench

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You went full Sean Spicer on me..I don't know what you are talking about now..You said he was chucking up shots as a starter but the number don't support him talking many more shot as a starter vs coming off the bench

Guys that have to be the half court offense "I need a basket" shooter, are going to ALWAYS have a lower percentage and it will be a bad percentage with no spacing. Tell me if you think THJ can shoot 44.3% in that role if he has it. Especially with the bad spacing.

And if you think he can, tell me that, then log off and go get yourself sober.

Again, it's more than offense with Millsap, if his passing was lost, this team would be lost. It's like those two bad stretches with no Sap never happened. This would have been a 20-25 win team without him.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Guys that have to be the half court offense "I need a basket" shooter, are going to ALWAYS have a lower percentage. Tell me if you think THJ can shoot 44.3% in that role if he has it. Especially with the bad spacing.

And if you think he can, tell me that, then log off and go get yourself sober.

Again, it's more than offense with Millsap, if his passing was lost, this team would be lost. It's like those two bad stretches with no Sap never happened. This would have been a 20-25 win team without him.

Actually Sap shoots better under pressure than when he is wide open but Sap is 32 while Hardaway is 25.  Sap wasn't an All Star at 25!

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Actually Sap shoots better under pressure than when he is wide open but Sap is 32 while Hardaway is 25.  Sap wasn't an All Star at 25!

Streaky shooters usually stay...streaky shooters.

Not that I don't like THJ but there's a 95% chance he's never a positive starter, ever.

• Premium Member
Just now, Lurker said:

Streaky shooters usually stay...streaky shooters.

Sap is pretty streaky himself but hasn't several players on the Hawks improved their shooting over time like Jeff Teague, Dennis, Hardaway, and Prince toward the end of the season?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Sap is pretty streaky himself but hasn't several players on the Hawks improved their shooting over time like Jeff Teague, Dennis, Hardaway, and Prince toward the end of the season?

Just to make it clear, I was #allin on THJ being a starter. I'm #allout on it after that playoff series, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with his poor shooting, it's he was so completely comical on defense, I was wishing Kyle Korver was back on the team.

Dennis and Tim fit together like a glove on offense.

It's awful on defense. Its why I've talked about maybe getting an athletic freak in the draft at SG or getting one of those SGs that can do a little of everything (*cough* Thornwell).

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Just to make it clear, I was #allin on THJ being a starter. I'm #allout on it after that playoff series, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with his poor shooting, it's he was so completely comical on defense, I was wishing Kyle Korver was back on the team.

You are all over the map on this one...1st you say he was a chucker..debunked...the you said that he can on slash to the basket...debunked..then you said he was streaky...debunked because there are worse shooters on the team like Sap..Now you are ragging on his defense.  Adderall might not be a bad option at this point.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You are all over the map on this one...1st you say he was a chucker..debunked...the you said that he can on slash to the basket...debunked..then you said he was streaky...debunked because there are worse shooters on the team like Sap..Now you are ragging on his defense.  Adderall might not be a bad option at this point.

You keep dodging the question...again tell me "Do you think that THJ can be a better go to guy in the half court than Sap?"

If your answer is yes, then this discussion can no longer continue. You're dripping with delusion from head to toe.

Edit: And do not go and quote the Houston game...

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member
Just now, Lurker said:

You keep dodging the question...again tell me "Do you think that THJ can be a better go to guy in the half court than Sap?"

If your answer is yes, then this discussion can no longer continue. You're dripping with delusion from head to toe.

Like I said...Sap maybe better now because he has been in the league 7 more years than Hardaway. Was Sap a go to guy 7 years ago? Apparently Utah didn't think so

Thought Tim did a decent job defensively until he was totally embarrassed in game six. In several other games Beal was shooting ten percent below his season averages from the floor and the three in that series. It showed to some extent anyway Tim can actually work and help on the defensive end some at this point as opposed to last year where nothing was positive for him until the last twenty games of the regular season. Think he has more room to grow on both sides of the ball and believe he will. 

• Like 3

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Like I said...Sap maybe better now because he has been in the league 7 more years than Hardaway. Was Sap a go to guy 7 years ago? Apparently Utah didn't think so

Hardaway Jr is never going to be a good one on one "need a basket" player.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

So KG wins in that hypothetical.  

I'm rooting for you on this Peoria because if you are right I think it means that Sap has returned to Atlanta on a reasonable deal, but I'm not putting any money on you!

Yeah, it's total deal / # of years.  If that equals over $25mil, @Peoriabird will be rockin' a new avi ... and it will be fabulous.

Just now, Thomas said:

Thought Tim did a decent job defensively until he was totally embarrassed in game six. In several other games Beal was shooting ten percent below his season averages from the floor and the three in that series. It showed to some extent anyway he can actually work and help on the defensive end some at this point as opposed to last year where nothing was positive for him until the last twenty games of the season. Think he has more room to grow on both sides of the ball and believe he will. 

He is lucky that Beal didn't completely explode. Beal was getting a million open looks from the three point line.