• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Going to the dark side

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Or that 2nd round guard couple of years back? Lamar Patterson

Bud the Gm is terrible but when he can coach the talent when it's talent, he's good at it. Bud knows what traits to look for from players but you gotta have the body, size and ability to do it as well. Bud struggles with that part. 

Edited by NBASupes

All of the other things to discuss and you complain about a garbage time player that barely played at all. Lovely...

Lamar Patterson was drafted under Danny Ferry.

The point of the exercise though is unless a sports franchise is really dumb, they CAN only have one really "bottoming out" year. The Falcons one was 13/14 after a run of success and while they were not good after that for two years, they were not really THAT bad.

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Bud the Gm is terrible but when he can coach the talent when it's talent, he's good at it. Bud knows what traits to look for from players but you gotta have the body, size and ability to do it as well.

So my statement is true then...That is the main difference between Bud and Quinn

Just now, Peoriabird said:

So my statement is true then...That is the main difference between Bud and Quinn

Quinn doesn't always get size. Beasley, Jones and some of the guys he drafted have been undersized. But when they are, they have exceptional talent.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

All of the other things to discuss and you complain about a garbage time player that barely played at all. Lovely...

Lamar Patterson was drafted under Danny Ferry.

The point of the exercise though is unless a sports franchise is really dumb, they CAN only have one really "bottoming out" year. The Falcons one was 13/14 after a run of success and while they were not good after that for two years, they were not really THAT bad.

All of the Falcons players over the last 8 years have been drafted under TD but the drafts have significantly improved over the last 3 years...Why do you think that happened?

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

All of the Falcons players over the last 8 years have been drafted under TD but the drafts have significantly improved over the last 3 years...Why do you think that happened?

Lol, this is far from true. Most were flops. His drafts got better with Quinn

I don't see the reasoning for keeping an old 43 win squad together. Paul and Dwight are major parts of this team and they aren't getting any better. Dwight is very clearly getting worse. Paul's offensive game is suited to last into his older years but his defense has gotten worse by advanced/counting metrics and just the eye test. 

If Dennis can play like he did vs Washington, then you could even build around that. 25/8/2 on 46/43/84. No use in wasting years of his prime trying to save this sinking ship though. Look to get him a young running mate.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I have no issues with this logic when the talent is there. When it isn't, draft underclassmen. For the system we run, upperclassmen work best but sometimes underclassmen can be best as well. It depends on the prospect.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I have no issues with this logic when the talent is there. When it isn't, draft underclassmen. For the system we run, upperclassmen work best but sometimes underclassmen can be best as well. It depends on the prospect.

That wasnt my point...my point is that Quinn is light years better at this than Bud