• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Going to the dark side

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Now let's stop it here. Coach Bud isn't Mike Smith.

This. Smith biggest issue was coaching and development,  he had a great personality and when he did draft talented players, they underachieved. Better coordinator the coach. His teams were discipline. Bud can coach and develop his ads off but how good can Muscala, Bazemore, and Korver really get.

I'm beefin with @KB21 on the Jeanne kid, but he's right on here.

Y'all calling for us to bank the future on these unproven measurables guys who're HS upperclassmen right now, have lost your collective minds. 

But kg, dey still under 18, blah, bleh, bluh ...

Whatever.  We knew Lebron was Lebron when he was 15!  None of them dudes are that dude, hence they ain't worth torpedoing the franchise over.  It's that simple. 

And, yes @NBASupes, Kyrie belongs on KB's list even today.  Think I'm wrong?  Tell us how many wins that team has when James site?  We'll wait.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I'm beefin with @KB21 on the Jeanne kid, but he's right on here.

Y'all calling for us to bank the future on these unproven measurables guys who're HS upperclassmen right now, have lost your collective minds. 

But kg, dey still under 18, blah, bleh, bluh ...

Whatever.  We knew Lebron was Lebron when he was 15!  None of them dudes are that dude, hence they ain't worth torpedoing the franchise over.  It's that simple. 

And, yes @NBASupes, Kyrie belongs on KB's list even today.  Think I'm wrong?  Tell us how many wins that team has when James site?  We'll wait.

Without Kyrie, there would be no James. You can't have it both ways. Us lacking a Kyrie is a big reason why we can never attract a LeBron James

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This. Smith biggest issue was coaching and development,  he had a great personality and when he did draft talented players, they underachieved. Better coordinator the coach. His teams were discipline. Bud can coach and develop his ads off but how good can Muscala, Bazemore, and Korver really get.

Here we go again with the coach has no say so over personnel decision and players are just dumped in his lap to develop...that's not how it works

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Without Kyrie, there would be no James. You can't have it both ways

That's not the point we're arguing, and you know it.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's not the point we're arguing, and you know it.

That's a big point that we are arguing. These types of players attract superstars as well as NBA TV viewership and what not. This is what we are talking about, the Big picture. 

Just now, Lurker said:

That said, I really don't think Mike Smith was that freaking bad. That iteration of the Falcons though just got stale.

To be fair I think Schlenk takes over drafting in the future.

I thought he sucked honestly, he had so much talent in a two-year span. One of the best backs, the best TE, the best WR tandem, a good QB and a solid OL. Then a solid D to boot and a top special teams. When have the Hawks underachieve with Bud. Not once. Falcons had like three top 10 draft picks in a row with Smith.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

That said, I really don't think Mike Smith was that freaking bad. That iteration of the Falcons though just got stale.

To be fair I think Schlenk takes over drafting in the future.

Everybody is in the war room..not just the GM.  Everybody has a voice in who gets drafted especially the head coach because he is the one responsible for making it all work.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Everybody is in the war room..not just the GM.  Everybody has a voice in who gets drafted especially the head coach because he is the one responsible for making it all work.

And as I said, I don't think the drafting philosophy really changes here. Even if you magically transplant a "Quinn like coach" there. It's going to be mostly college vets and Euros....I predict that Donovan Mitchell will be this year's Domantas Sabonis, the Hawks will want him but JUST miss him and instead either go Euro or college vet.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I thought he sucked honestly, he had so much talent in a two-year span. One of the best backs, the best TE, the best WR tandem, a good QB and a solid OL. Then a solid D to boot and a top special teams. When have the Hawks underachieve with Bud. Not once. Falcons had like three top 10 draft picks in a row with Smith.

The drafts and the free agent signings have been horrible...how in h-ll do you think we got to this point?  Was there some mystery person behind the scenes secretly destroying the team by signing players like Ryan Kelly when players like Darrin Williams and the Brandon Jennings became available????

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

And as I said, I don't think the drafting philosophy really changes here. Even if you magically transplant a "Quinn like coach" there. It's going to be mostly college vets and Euros....I predict that Donovan Mitchell will be this year's Domantas Sabonis, the Hawks will want him but JUST miss him and instead either go Euro or college vet.

This is a good development class especially in our range and a terrible upperclassmen and Euro draft in our range. 

Guys who fit and I would like our Patton, Giles, O.G., maybe a couple more that I am forgetting right now.

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The drafts and the free agent signings have been horrible...how in h-ll do you think we got to this point?  Was there some mystery person behind the scenes secretly destroying the team by signing players like Ryan Kelly when players like Darrin Williams and the point guard for Washington became available????

Deron Williams was only going to a title contender.

There is a point with Jennings but you can't drag him, kicking and screaming, to Atlanta.

Still don't really get this whining about a true 15th man. I don't know why he was here but he didn't play outside of true garbage time.

• Premium Member
Just now, Lurker said:

Deron Williams was only going to a title contender.

There is a point with Jennings but you can't drag him, kicking and screaming, to Atlanta.

Still don't really get this whining about a true 15th man. I don't know why he was here but he didn't play outside of true garbage time.

They signed Kelly and patterson for the rest of the year for no reason and we were in dire need of a back up point guard and Jennings was there for  the taking. But your boy wanted to keep Kelly.  And that is just one of many examples of Personnel goofiness on his part.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

They signed Kelly and patterson for the rest of the year for no reason and we were in dire need of a back up point guard and Jennings was there for  the taking. But your boy wanted to keep Kelly.  And that is just one of many examples of Personnel goofiness on his part.

Again, 15th man. Odd to whine and cry about a 15th man. Before we bring up the Falcons depth, American football is a whole different ballgame.

• Premium Member
Just now, Lurker said:

Again, 15th man. Odd to whine and cry about a 15th man. Before we bring up the Falcons depth, American football is a whole different ballgame.

Jennings was the difference in the playoff series in case you didn't notice

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Jennings was the difference in the playoff series in case you didn't notice

Jennings was NOT the difference in the playoff series. If Burke was backup PG, it'd have made ZERO difference.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Jennings was NOT the difference in the playoff series. If Burke was backup PG, it'd have made ZERO difference.

Somebody didn't watch game 2....plus Bazemore would not have played a minute at back up point guard had we signed Jennings