• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Raise your hand if you're intending to watch the NBA Finals

sturt

The win felt so anticlimactic for KD.  Him and his momma know his ring is severely tainted. And of course he was that guy with the goggles on during the champagne shower.  Best moment was Igoudala pushing him up the floor as he tried a fake premature emotional breakdown while they still had to get across half court.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Love LeBron's "I've never been on a super team crap."  He and KD are just doing their best to pretend they aren't trying to cherry pick easy paths to a ring.  Keep on doing your thing, LeBron.  We know exactly how it works.  (See sturt's post on the previous page).

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I didn't watch a single second of the NBA finals. 

Nice!!!! We should all boycott to screw the scrubs calfs ratings.

21 hours ago, AHF said:

Love LeBron's "I've never been on a super team crap."

And even if that was the case it is solely his fault as has been said he chose who plays on his teams and drives the GM's car on the roster constantly. 

Lebron is right tho.  Your whole starting lineup gotta win POTM to be a Super-Team, trick.

Being serious though, dude is crazy.  Cleveland's bench is ass no doubt but Miami had a HOF sharpshooter coming off the pine.  If an NBA team wins 20 straight games there should be a Spirit of Competition Draft imposed on their team.  Wade and Klay should've been forcefully moved by the commish for 1st round picks and a 0 RPM player.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Lebron is right tho.  Your whole starting lineup gotta win POTM to be a Super-Team, trick.

Being serious though, dude is crazy.  Cleveland's bench is ass no doubt but Miami had a HOF sharpshooter coming off the pine.  If an NBA team wins 20 straight games there should be a Spirit of Competition Draft imposed on their team.  Wade and Klay should've been forcefully moved by the commish for 1st round picks and a 0 RPM player.

Ya knooooooowwww....

While this sounds very whimsical from an NBA perspective, it is at least compelling to think about the fact that both the NFL and MLB have mechanisms in-place that are meant to provide some remuneration for teams that lose high-value free agents... hence the end-of-round bonus "conditional picks" that have for years been part of their routine.

Just stoking that fire...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sturt said:

Ya knooooooowwww....

While this sounds very whimsical from an NBA perspective, it is at least compelling to think about the fact that both the NFL and MLB have mechanisms in-place that are meant to provide some remuneration for teams that lose high-value free agents... hence the end-of-round bonus "conditional picks" that have for years been part of their routine.

Totally off topic @sturt but do you own a pistol Pete rookie card by chance that's on your avatar? 

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Yep, @Spud2Nique, I do.

Oh man that's awesome...I gave a nique fleer rookie card. Prolly my favorite card. Also a Jordan 2nd year which is pretty cool but ur pistol is prolly super rare I would have to think. Did you get it from a pack? Really awesome stuff. Might have to get my cards out now lol

• Moderators
12 hours ago, sturt said:

Ya knooooooowwww....

This is a great idea.   Next year's second rounder would be good. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

This is a great idea.   Next year's second rounder would be good. 

You will have a battle with the player's association on that since attaching compensatory picks to a free agent depresses his market value (by requiring the team getting him pay the picks in addition to the salary which means the price point is higher than a completely UFA).  I would be picking my fight on the elimination of max salaries but I don't like super teams and the commish's office probably doesn't share that view.

• Premium Member

For the record...

I love superteams.

God knows, I loved my Hawks, but I also couldn't get enough of those Celtics/Lakers finals. It was, truly, a lot of fun, and I just held out hope that some day the good guys would get over the hump and crash the party and take down the Showtime team themselves.

My issue is solely related to how they're formed.

And, then, related, when you let them be formed by ring-brats, you end up with a situation where the second tier teams are just not even all that seriously competitive.... at least my Hawks had a genuine shot at beating Bird and his friends.

• Like 2