• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Schlenk's Press Conference This Morning

lethalweapon3

50 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah I'm not saying there is definitely a problem there bit Resseler isn't as good at this as i had hoped.  Here's basically what he said and i don't feel this is an exagerration

May 1 with Bud still in charge Resseller says "I make the final decision on Sap"

June 1 with Bud removed and Schelnk in charge Resseller says "Schlenk makes the final decision"

Intentional or not it's hard to not read into that.   But maybe Bud's cool with being just coach and didn't think he was good at the president part anyway.   

If we're going to nitpick, Ressler didn't say "Schlenk makes the final decision."  He said "I did not bring (Travis Schlenk) in here for me to make basketball decisions."  That means Schlenk can still be the one making the decisions like Bud was, but Ressler still has the final say.  There's plenty of ways we can twist this.

Schlenk has been around a successful club and I highly doubt he would come here if he sensed something fishy with the relationships in the organization.  At least that's what I think personally.  Bud seems wise enough to recognize that coaching needs to be his focus.

And Bud just happened to have a graduation to attend the same day.  If anything I think it's a good sign the organization shows a positive work/life balance and let him attend that.

Nothing to see here folks.

• Like 4

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

@macdaddy face after he started the gossipy Bud not on the same page bs...

ps You saw my pic already bro and you know I ain't fat....just look up at ur wall...u got the poster of me right thurrr..damn YENTA! Lol.

IMG_0196.GIF

1) That looks a LOT like me.

2) that picture you posted was fake news

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

1. LOL

2. I have some new ones I can send to compare...im not a jersey meathead but I do take selfies to motivate others.

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

2. Im actually kind of flattered that you think it was fake. :-) Kinda makes the effort worthwhile! #gohard

• Moderators

On topic.  All i'm saying is that i may be ready for Resseler to go back to being the silent owner.  The "i'm the decider, I'm not the decider" "fully confident in our leadership, they've both stepped down" is at the least confusing.   But hell it's better than ASG. 

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

On topic.  All i'm saying is that i may be ready for Resseler to go back to being the silent owner.  The "i'm the decider, I'm not the decider" "fully confident in our leadership, they've both stepped down" is at the least confusing.   But hell it's better than ASG. 

I agree...are you in favor of a quiet or outspoken owner?

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This I agree with. Just spend the money or not and show up to hoist the LOB like Peter Holt. Stop talking.

3 minutes ago, StrayDogThaGawd said:

They went from trying to be the Pistons with Woody Woodpecker, to trying to be the Spurs with Budweiser, to trying to be the Warriors with Daddy Warbucks.

Atlanta Hawks: We Have No Idea What We're Doing

Ummm welcome...! :-|

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I agree...are you in favor of a quiet or outspoken owner?

I don't mind outspoken as longs as they make sense.   Or are getting the fans excited.   Otherwise leave it to Stevie K.  He knows what to say.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How many coaches are usually at a new GM presser? I don't know, I'm asking.

Um.

If I may.

It seems to me a legit thing to ask as JBH has... "Indeed, how many coaches have historically been there... and boiled down further, what exactly should we expect???

But I think that more boiled down question was already addressed by Ressler. That is, the more basic premise underlying telling people why the head coach isn't there (ie, because he had a graduation ceremony to attend) is that... in fact, all things being equal, on this occasion, Bud otherwise would have  been expected to be there.

Right?

Otherwise, the answer would have been something else... something else that doesn't convey there was any expectation that he would be there, much like the question above suggests could have been the case. In fact, answering with that same question might have made a lot of sense if, indeed, there was no expectation that he would attend regardless.

So connecting the final dot...

If otherwise he would have been expected to be there, exactly how hard is it to schedule a press conference--given that we already waited a week, folks--at a time when there was no such time conflict???

Now c'mon. This isn't inventing drama. This is 2 + 2 = 4.

• Premium Member

I imagine a lot of posters are going to have a problem with  our new GM.. 1st of all he is an anti-tanker. Secondly, he thinks Howard is a good defensive player and thinks signing Thjr is a priority.  He also wasn't certain that Sap was our best player. Lol!  Regardless, what he outlined during his press conference/interviews is exactly everything I had hoped for from him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, StrayDogThaGawd said:

They went from trying to be the Pistons with Woody Woodpecker, to trying to be the Spurs with Budweiser, to trying to be the Warriors with Daddy Warbucks.

Atlanta Hawks: We Have No Idea What We're Doing

There is no magic button here. And I'm not sure what other options to you would suggest the opposite... what, they should be trying to promote from within?... they should be hiring from more successful franchises (and if so, which)?... they should be trying to hire from less successful franchises?... they should be interviewing the most astute Hawksquawk posters and making a hire from here?

Unless you embrace that last one as I do... ;)...I have no idea where you're going with that premise