• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

GM says Dwight Howard has a place on this team

GrimeyKidd

31 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

I honestly think Millsap+Howard is more than fine with better talent/shooting on the wing and on the bench. Them (and Schröder) were our best players, but the drop off after them was MASSIVE before Ilyasova came along.

You know what you get with Millsap, Howard and Schröder? You get a pouty Howard because Dennis doesn't pass the ball nearly enough and neither of them get the ball in the post to Howard enough... whether that's justified or not I can't say but what I can say is that we know Dwight shuts down when he doesn't get enough touches. 

3 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

You know what you get with Millsap, Howard and Schröder? You get a pouty Howard because Dennis doesn't pass the ball nearly enough and neither of them get the ball in the post to Howard enough... whether that's justified or not I can't say but what I can say is that we know Dwight shuts down when he doesn't get enough touches. 

That's a problem, he has to understand what his limitation  are now as well as this offense. He's not Orlando Dwight.

I've said before, his teammates miss him on quick post ups when he has his man pinned quick and deep when he can just catch and go, anything else leads to a turnover or an ugly shot attempt.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's a problem, he has to understand what his limitation  are now as well as this offense. He's not Orlando Dwight.

I've said before, his teammates miss him on quick post ups when he has his man pinned quick and deep when he can just catch and go, anything else leads to a turnover or an ugly shot attempt.

I agree... BUT we all know who Dwight is and that guy isn't going to change. Maybe later in his career he will but he still believes he's a star player. 

And completely agree on his teammates needing to get him the ball early in the possession. Problem is that we don't have the type of PG or wings who are good at doing that. 

• Like 1

As much as folks might want to deny it, Dwight+Paul are not a fit. Well, I'll put it better, Dwight+Paul are a good fit on defense and terrible on offense.

It's basically impossible to have a team that does work well with Dwight unless you just get a star player, but then we'd be going in circles:

PG: Pass first PG, great shooter, great at hand feeding the post, does not need help in PNR defense to play passable defense in it.
SG: Great shooter, aggressive and elite defender that does not need help on defense, able to get his own offense at an efficient enough rate without help.
SF: Solid shooter and good at moving off of the ball to get offense, willing to be a 5th option, great defender.
PF: A very good stretch 4 (36-38% 3PT) that is an excellent passer and a good defender.

Is there anyone in the league outside of maybe Chris Paul that can be the "PG" that I'm talking about?

19 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

If you like a center that has a poor work ethic, divides teams, cries to the media when he doesn't get his way along with the ego and his outdated game. If you like all that stuff, Dwight is good to have around.

Nothing we can do about it right now unless we give up assets to get someone to take him from us. 

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

This new rule is absolutely bullshit. How the hell can his illness / injury be career ending, thus allowing the Heat out of their salary cap commitment AND at the same time he can come back and sign with another team if he has the proper paperwork? 

Didn't realize that second part.

Just now, sturt said:

Didn't realize that second part.

Bosh and the Heat have reportedly reached an agreement where Bosh will be released from the team with no cap hit on the Heat's books. Bosh will be paid the rest of his salary while nothing will count against the Heat's salary cap. Via Sun-Sentinel:

With this, Bosh will be able to return to the 
NBA at any time without taking a hit to Miami's cap space, but to return he'll have to provide medical evidence that he is physically able to return. The waiving of Bosh will also bring the Heat under the salary cap for the upcoming summer. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-heat-will-waive-chris-bosh-gain-salary-cap-space-for-free-agents/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GrimeyKidd said:

DE has him as a NBA Center and it seems like he is a Dwight Clone with better post work. Maybe the workouts clarify this more for me

Bam is a Dwight clone. Even looks like him. More like a taller but modern day Allen Henderson meaning his ceiling is low but he will play as hard as he can and does have the basic talents of a big...

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

Risky idea and all but Dwight at twenty five minutes plus and toss Bam into the fire behind him. Isn't seven foot but has size and strength and has shown he can move the way some of us remember Dwight moving on D. Two birds at once with the now with Dwight and the future after Dwight. Yeah, its crazy because Bam is raw but its another experiment this year and we can move towards our future post safe and almost sure. See a one two punch possibly developing there.

I would have been almost with you until I found out Bam likes playing closer to one of my favorite but frustrating at time players Josh Smith. Don't know if I want a center that is supposed to be rookie Dwight like but instead decides to play out of his comfort zone before he's ready to get out of his comfort. All in all I still do think Bam's best fit would be learning from Dwight since they are very similar. 

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

I'd be rebuilding, so it wouldn't really matter.

I think that's where most get it wrong in rebuilding. It should matter more than ever when putting new pieces in place to rebuild. I've yet to see in construction someone tear something down with no idea and blueprint in mind as to what comes next.

• Like 1

Schlenk has to demonstrate Dwight's "value" to potential suitors.  Basic GMing.  If you've studied the Warriors style at all the past 4 years you'd know he wants nothing to do with him.  Their PG accumulates more screen assists.  Their starting C is shooting 91% from the line in the postseason.  They've had 2 Bigs who are in a different stratosphere as passers. Their BU PG is their best post player.  Dwight's days are numbered thank goodness.

Edited by benhillboy

5 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Chris . . . you had a good great career.

- 11x All-Star

- 2x NBA Champion

- Made over 166 million dollars

- And you had one of the greatest rebounds and assists in NBA history

- AND you're coming home to this every night.

Image result for adrienne bosh booty

You did good man.  

RETIRE.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

I honestly think Millsap+Howard is more than fine with better talent/shooting on the wing and on the bench.

As proven in our playoff series with the Wiz. Our own three point shooting just destroyed us. It was high school bad.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2017 at 10:42 PM, sillent said:

So if it's very very bad want you not be entertained??

Well, I watched constantly during the thirteen win season, like it was any other season though most of my satisfaction that year was from you know who's slam dunks. So yeah I would probably be entertained whether miserable or not.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Yo, y'all Dennis and Howard have only played 1 season together and that was with the ever changing starting line up...give them and the team time to learn each other and gel...Good grief y'all some impatient people.

Every stop is basically ending the same way with Dwight. Here will be no different.