• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

GM says Dwight Howard has a place on this team

GrimeyKidd

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

The year before Dwight was in L.A. the Lakers won forty one games. The year he played for the Lakers they won forty five games, he played in seventy six of them averaging well over thirty minutes per and the next year after he was gone they won twenty seven games. So not such a negative example as many think. 

Nothing else changed for the Lakers over that 3 year period? 

On 6/3/2017 at 0:45 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Chris . . . you had a good great career.

- 11x All-Star

- 2x NBA Champion

- Made over 166 million dollars

- And you had one of the greatest rebounds and assists in NBA history

- AND you're coming home to this every night.

Image result for adrienne bosh booty

You did good man.  

RETIRE.

Plus he can always fall back on starring in the Alien franchise... 

His girl is pretty fine until you see that cartoonish looking ass. Unless you're keeping her around for her ability to feed your family during the zombie apocalypse I would be getting her to the gym or the Dr to get rid of that thing and get a normal ass that fits her body.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

His girl is pretty fine until you see that cartoonish looking ass. Unless you're keeping her around for her ability to feed your family during the zombie apocalypse I would be getting her to the gym or the Dr to get rid of that thing and get a normal ass that fits her body.

I'm guessing ur not a Kardashian guy....:-|

2 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Nothing else changed for the Lakers over that 3 year period? 

Fair enough but when Kobe played sixty six games in his last year which is the year he refused to restructure his contract for the good of the team while blaming an owner's conspiracy style mentality for the fact that Tim Duncan and Dirk did it to put the best players on the floor for their teams, the Lakers won a whopping seventeen games. 

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2016.html

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Cartoonish? More like healthy looking ass. Grown men type of stuffing

giphy.gif

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Cartoonish? More like healthy looking ass. Grown men type of stuffing

giphy.gif

Healthy? No that's not healthy nor is it the ass of a girl who works out. Not saying she's not fine but that ass is mostly fat. That's may be your thing but it's not mine. 

16 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Healthy? No that's not healthy nor is it the ass of a girl who works out. Not saying she's not fine but that ass is mostly fat. That's may be your thing but it's not mine. 

He ass has some fat, mostly fat is a lie. I saw mostly "fat" asses and they lack any density at all. She just has a mix of fat with muscle. Her ass has enough to where it's "phat" 

He may be trying to get Dwight's trade value up. Unfortunately it may just come down to keeping him next season. Then, do a buyout for the 2018-19 or use the Stretch Provision on him this summer. 

• Moderators
On 6/4/2017 at 6:56 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I used to be one of those Dwight haters.  But after watching him this season, he definitely gets a bad rap.  The dude does his job pretty well on offense and defense.   Could he do more of the intangible things a lot better?  Yes.

On one hand, people say that he's not a superstar player, which he isn't.  But when he doesn't put up a great stat line, they rip him on how overrated he is.

He's supposed to set screens for people who can't finish at the rim.  He's supposed to pass the ball out to people who can't make jumpers.  He's supposed to pop out on guards on the pick and roll, when our own guards can't fight through screens.

Guards:  OK Dwight, I'm going to shoot this ball.  And when I miss, you can score by grabbing the rebound.

Dwight:  Really?  How about passing me the ball when I'm 3 feet from the basket, so that I can lay it in or dunk it?

Guards:  But I don't know how to feed the post.  Dwight, don't be difficult man.  Just rebound my misses, and everything will be fine.   Oh, and cover for me when I can't fight through a screen.

Dwight:  Yeah, whatever man.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

He may be trying to get Dwight's trade value up. Unfortunately it may just come down to keeping him next season. Then, do a buyout for the 2018-19 or use the Stretch Provision on him this summer. 

In 2018-19, that would be an awesome expiring contract to use in a trade.  With the cap leveling off, I think we will have teams looking to dump salary.  We can use it to our advantage.

On 6/4/2017 at 0:49 PM, Dolfan23 said:

Well, to be fair, that's after like 5 kids IIUC.  Really though, I'd take that in a heartbeat.  I don't begrudge your description of it as 'cartoonish'.  To each his own.  Perhaps you can't handle that much cushion for the pushin' and there's nothing wrong with that.

What I do take offense to is you causing me to agree with @NBASupes on a subject.  I even had to 'like' the pics he posted.  Do you see what you've done?!

ETA: Aye Supers, who's that 3rd pic?  Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Well, to be fair, that's after like 5 kids IIUC.  Really though, I'd take that in a heartbeat.  I don't begrudge your description of it as 'cartoonish'.  To each his own.  Perhaps you can't handle that much cushion for the pushin' and there's nothing wrong with that.

What I do take offense to is you causing me to agree with @NBASupes on a subject.  I even had to 'like' the pics he posted.  Do you see what you've done?!

ETA: Aye Supers, who's that 3rd pic?  Asking for a friend.

Something I found on Google Image. No id.

On 6/6/2017 at 1:14 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

In 2018-19, that would be an awesome expiring contract to use in a trade.  With the cap leveling off, I think we will have teams looking to dump salary.  We can use it to our advantage.

Good point. I didn't think about that. Yeah, surprisingly cap hasn't rised like I thought it would.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2017 at 4:37 PM, JTB said:

People just dislike Howard leave it at that . I understand cause he has had episodes of being an annoying star player at some point but this past season there's nothing hawk fans should necessarily be mad about! He honestly caused no drama this season for the team or split the locker that we know of....simply the team didn't fit. We lacked so much offensively you can't possibly put all the blame on Dwight. We couldn't shoot the ball with Dwight in or out of the game.

Defensively and rebounding wise we were pretty damn good. A few things that need to be fixed but it's more simple adjustments rather than being incapable of fixing.

More of a coaching factor which we should see now that Bud is a full time coach again.

Edited by sillent

On June 3, 2017 at 8:16 PM, Peoriabird said:

He did take Orlando to the finals and Houston to the conference finals so let's not pretend he is Carmelo Anthony

The combo of Lewis/Hedo played a big factor in that. Moreover, that was along time ago.

Houston got better without Howard this year and the Hawks got worse with him.