• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

GM says Dwight Howard has a place on this team

GrimeyKidd

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Posters act like Howard is starting ahead of Chamberlain or Hakim...Dude, we have no other starting centers on the roster

Our only big under contract at all. Pretty high wire stuff going into the draft and FA days.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GameTime said:

There is a place for Howard on this team.. the question is does Howard want to be our Bogut who plays 20 minutes a game, sets elite screens, defends and rebounds.

Thank you ! THIS...is all Schlenk is saying! Has to be, there's no other way D8 fits ...

-set great screens (which he's highly capable of when he's not concerned about getting post up touches)

-defend and trust your teammates (I say that because he holds back from coming out on shooters so he can be in better position to get rebounds but he need to challenge the shot and trust that his team will get the rebound. Of course the team has to step up and grab the board)

-continue to be a rebounding maniac 

-put pressure on the rim like crazy (this he doesn't do enough but if he did he'd be in position to score more)

Howard can work in this Spurs like offense bud runs...and i wouldnt say Howard would get only 20 minutes per game. It honestly just depend on matchups. When Schlenk was hired last week  I saw where he said it's important to be able to throw capable big and small starting like lineups on the floor you can depend on! And that's one of the best statements I've ever heard from a GM in this new NBA era in my opinion. So Howard can work as he's still needed in big lineups but he need to change his approach to the game, it has absolutely nothing to do with his skills! His physical presence helps Hawks alone. I believe coach bud will get this threw his head this summer.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Some of these clowns actually think we should resign Moose and Hump then trade Howard for a 2nd round pick and then start Moose and Sap next year.

Well you know with Bud, am thinking Moose is here which isn't the end of the world if he is a backup PF with small minutes and no C minutes but you know, Bud... Glad Moose can shoot but we saw the middle sixty games of the season and five of the six games in the playoffs so we know what we know, we saw what we saw, backup PF at the very most. Shooting percentage from three isn't enough for a big when the main rebounder goes off the floor. Sorry cat, just preaching to myself again. 

• Like 3

Stats don't matter in evaluating Howard. But I'm not going to get into this argument.

And this is not about Mike Muscala, no matter if I even argued on him. Rather not see Muscala again and I'd trade Dwight for nothing.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Stats don't matter in evaluating Howard. But I'm not going to get into this argument.

And this is not about Mike Muscala, no matter if I even argued on him. Rather not see Muscala again and I'd trade Dwight for nothing.

Who would be your starting center next year then?

12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Why limt that kind of production to 20 minutes per game?

Risky idea and all but Dwight at twenty five minutes plus and toss Bam into the fire behind him. Isn't seven foot but has size and strength and has shown he can move the way some of us remember Dwight moving on D once upon a time. Two birds at once with the now with Dwight and the future after Dwight. Yeah, its crazy because Bam is raw but its another experiment this year and we can move towards our future post safe and almost sure. See a one two punch possibly developing there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

But you have to admit... the description you portrayed sounds like Sap... except for the "tower" part. 

Let's say Chris Bosh is given a clean bill of health... would he fit your vision?

He would but I'm not thinking anywhere near that skill nor salary level. I'm hoping we find someone in the draft or someone young we can acquire via trade. Not an established veteran type but someone who   hasn't gotten a lot of time on the floor but has shown glimpses. 

If we had a younger Josh Smith minus the jump shooting he'd be absolutely perfect as his passing ability at the 4 was tremendous.

I love Sap but he looks to score too much to pair with Dwight. We can't have a PG who looks to score first plus another starter with high usage if we are keeping Dwight as a starter.

Oh and anyone who thinks Dwight will ever be an elite screen setter is in for a rude awakening.