• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I think LeBron will have to leave Cleveland

• Premium Member

Posters continue to think that Cleveland will win multiple championships over the next few years but that just isn't going to happen. Sure LeBron is great but the rest of those cats aren't. In fact without Lebron, they are not even a playoff team. And for those of you who thought Kyle Kover was the man..Y'all were just wrong.  Cleveland will continue to get worse and worse each year because players like JR Smith, Shumbert, Love and Korver are on the a rapid decline.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

lol

You know good and well that unless he leaves the East, whatever team LeBron is on is going to continue going to the finals for the next few years. It's because he's too good.

What does this have to to do with anything...You are judged by championships not finals appearances so if LeBron wants another championship, he will have to leave Cleveland.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What does this have to to do with anything...You are judged by championships not finals appearances so if LeBron wants another championship, he will have to leave Cleveland.

And I'm saying he's not leaving the East.

Although I see your logic, you also have to see the flaw in it as well.  If your chances are, let's say 65% of making the finals in an inferior conference vs. 30% in a tougher conference, your chances are better at winning a championship just because you're more likely to be in the championship round. Winning teams draw quality players who are willing to take less $ to play for them.  The odds are they hit it big at least once more, and they did win it last year with many of those same players, so it's not like those guys just fell off a map.  They are a team that relies immensely on the 3 and GS is a good perimeter defending team that has challenged them on defense and has the firepower to hang with them on offense. 

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

It's weird.  His team was handpicked by him to a degree but, vs. GSt, they've been woefully inadequate so far.  Emphasis on 'so far' as I wouldn't be surprised to see Durant take a couple steps back now that they're on the road.

Where would he go and end up with a better roster than he has now?  LAC with CP2?  Drag sMelo and CP2 to CLE is more likely IMHO.

Would he or could he leave?  I think he will at some point.  I don't think he will any time soon though.

The question becomes, what will have to happen to stop the Warriors?  To me, it'll end up being Kerr's back or Klay's ego.

Look, I don't know if LeBron stays in CLE or not but I'd say the odds are very good that he's still on so and so's Eastern team until he retires. He has some pride but he doesn't have TOO much of it, I'd say he'd rather stay in the East, even if East isn't necessarily "CLE" and continue to have a free highway to the finals then move to the West.

• Moderators

I don't see him going anywhere but he has very deliberately kept the door open to it with his short contracts and refusal to commit long-term.  He will have input into what happens next with the roster for this reason.  In the past, catering to his desires hasn't been a very smart idea, though.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't see him going anywhere but he has very deliberately kept the door open to it with his short contracts and refusal to commit long-term.  He will have input into what happens next with the roster for this reason.  In the past, catering to his desires hasn't been a very smart idea,

How do they change that roster when they are under water with both the salary cap and the Luxury tax?

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Cleveland will not challenge for another title during the Lebron era.

And please tell me which team will make the finals from the east next year? 

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Who will trade good players for garbage players???

Some team would willingly take Kevin Love or Tristan Thompson.

Shumpert would be easy enough to move to a team with capspace for an incentive (oh wait we have the Cavs 2019 pick) to dump a big contract , JR would be harder since he's seen as a knuckle head that's only behaving because he has LBJ. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Some team would willingly take Kevin Love or Tristan Thompson.

Shumpert would be easy enough to move to a team with capspace for an incentive (oh wait we have the Cavs 2019 pick) to dump a big contract , JR would be harder since he's seen as a knuckle head that's only behaving because he has LBJ. 

They don't have any draft picks left

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They don't have any draft picks left

If we had Millsap under contract, you don't think we would trade him for emoLove?  I'm not saying we should, I'm saying it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.  Surely other teams would do similar deals.  Think UTA wouldn't trade for emoLove?

• Moderators

You act like they didn't already deal for JR Smith, Tim Mozgov, and other players when they were over the cap.  Love is absolutely a player teams will want to trade for.  Remember Horford?  He of the desired max contract?

Love 22.6 points, 12.4 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.4 steals, 1.2 blocks on .688% TS% while leading the team in 3's versus Horford and company

Someone will absolutely want him.

• Like 2