• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I think LeBron will have to leave Cleveland

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Dragitoff said:

Although I see your logic, you also have to see the flaw in it as well.  If your chances are, let's say 65% of making the finals in an inferior conference vs. 30% in a tougher conference, your chances are better at winning a championship just because you're more likely to be in the championship round. Winning teams draw quality players who are willing to take less $ to play for them.  The odds are they hit it big at least once more, and they did win it last year with many of those same players, so it's not like those guys just fell off a map.  They are a team that relies immensely on the 3 and GS is a good perimeter defending team that has challenged them on defense and has the firepower to hang with them on offense. 

Not if in the tougher conference, you come out to a weaker conference opponent. 

Lebron fights through the East and then for his troubles.. he gets GS Warriors... with no help from Silver this year.  He's tired.  His team is tired.  It would be nice to come out to play the Raps or the Celts.

Warriors sweep... Lebron to OKC... Book it.

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

That was in the past...GMs are smarter now

NOP just traded for Demarcus Cousins for Buddy and the number #10 pick.  There is ALWAYS that one GM who thinks he's smarter that everyone else in the room.

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Yep. then they traded him for Ross and a 1st #25 this year, but yet GMs are smarter now. There is ALWAYS one in  the bunch.

90% of GS are free agents this summer, I'd say there's plenty of potential for upheaval for them with nobody else in the West presenting anything close to their level of challenge for LeBron.  Cleveland OTOH has the majority of their top players locked up for the next 3 seasons with nobody in the East offering even a modicum of a chance against them.  I think LeBron will take his chances. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Some team would willingly take Kevin Love or Tristan Thompson.

Shumpert would be easy enough to move to a team with capspace for an incentive (oh wait we have the Cavs 2019 pick) to dump a big contract , JR would be harder since he's seen as a knuckle head that's only behaving because he has LBJ. 

I'd take Kevin Love tomorrow. He is being used terribly in Cleveland.

6 hours ago, MaceCase said:

90% of GS are free agents this summer, I'd say there's plenty of potential for upheaval for them with nobody else in the West presenting anything close to their level of challenge for LeBron.  Cleveland OTOH has the majority of their top players locked up for the next 3 seasons with nobody in the East offering even a modicum of a chance against them.  I think LeBron will take his chances. 

I outlined the full GS situation here (click me)

• Moderators
7 hours ago, thecampster said:

I'd take Kevin Love tomorrow. He is being used terribly in Cleveland.

I don't know if I'd go for him with his defense but he is being used terribly in Cleveland.  

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

That was in the past...GMs are smarter now

You just saw the contracts handed out last summer and your argument is GMs are smarter than being interested in 2017 All-Star Kevin Love for $22M now? 

Joakim Noah - $72M/4 years

Timofey Mosgov - $64M/4 yeras

Ian Mahinmi - $64M/4 years

Chandler Parsons - $95M/4 years

Miles Plumlee - $50M/4 years 

Solomon Hll - $52M/4 years

Evan Turner - $70M/4 years

Luol Deng - $72M/4 years

Allen Crabbe - $72M/4 years

Kent Bazemore - $70M/4 years

Harrison Barnes - $95M/4 years

tumblr_n8e6viYxK91qgr036o4_250.gif

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Billups has relationship with Dan Gilbert and Ty Lue, and sources say will be considered as President of Basketball Ops who'd make GM hire.

Sources: As David Griffin departs as Cavs -- "Just couldn't agree on future," source says - Chauncey Billups expected to emerge as candidate

43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Billups has relationship with Dan Gilbert and Ty Lue, and sources say will be considered as President of Basketball Ops who'd make GM hire.

Sources: As David Griffin departs as Cavs -- "Just couldn't agree on future," source says - Chauncey Billups expected to emerge as candidate

Cleeeeevelaannnd ... this is fuh-yoouuuuu!!!!

Like I said, it only takes ONE:

During David Griffin's final hours as general manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers, he found a team in the lottery willing to trade for Kevin Love in exchange for their lottery pick. 

Griffin was shopping that lottery pick in hopes of trading for either Jimmy Butler or Paul George.

According to sources, that team was the Phoenix Suns at No. 4.

Oh man, thangs gettin' real in CLE ...

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/sources-out-of-cleveland-say-jimmy-butler-will-push-for-trade-to-cavs/

According to a Cleveland source close to the situation, several of the Cavaliers who had been prodding Butler to push for a trade from the Bulls the last five days were now warning him to stay away from a suddenly volatile situation.

Yikes.

I presume it wasn't someone the likes of the Jones brothas (James 'n Dahntay) trying to convince him.  I presume it was Kyme 'n Lebron.  

Just now, kg01 said:

Oh man, thangs gettin' real in CLE ...

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/sources-out-of-cleveland-say-jimmy-butler-will-push-for-trade-to-cavs/

Yikes.

I presume it wasn't someone the likes of the Jones brothas (James 'n Dahntay) trying to convince him.  I presume it was Kyme 'n Lebron.  

2019 Hawks pick via Cavs is looking better n better...but top 10 protected so I hope they don't fully tank which they prolly will and screw us...smh..

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Mr. Big Shot Bows Out...

~lw3

To be expected.  The title of the position is just words.  The actual job is to do whatever Lebron says.

• Like 3

I wished these All-NBA players believed in "build and conquer" and that changing jerseys diminishes legacy.  They don't.  LeBron will go anywhere his buddy Rich Paul says is best for his brand at that moment.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1