• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I think LeBron will have to leave Cleveland

1 minute ago, AHF said:

You act like they didn't already deal for JR Smith, Tim Mozgov, and other players when they were over the cap.  Love is absolutely a player teams will want to trade for.  Remember Horford?  He of the desired max contract?

Love 22.6 points, 12.4 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.4 steals, 1.2 blocks on .688% TS% while leading the team in 3's versus Horford and company

Someone will absolutely want him.

Somebody yes...if it's us I'm gonna question a few things...

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They don't have any draft picks left

It'll be a future pick.

Hypothetical:

They move Love to Washington for Gortat , Markieff Morris and a pick.

Washington now has their big 3 in Wall, Beal and Love. 

This provide more depth for Cavs.  Moving Shumpert because he defends is easy enough - a team like Minny could use a backup wing.  Thibs would love him.

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He'll no...Love is garbage

Again, I didn't say we should make that deal or that it'd be a good deal.  The point is, there are viable means by which CLE can change/improve their team although they're "capped out".

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

You act like they didn't already deal for JR Smith, Tim Mozgov, and other players when they were over the cap.  Love is absolutely a player teams will want to trade for.  Remember Horford?  He of the desired max contract?

Love 22.6 points, 12.4 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.4 steals, 1.2 blocks on .688% TS% while leading the team in 3's versus Horford and company

Someone will absolutely want him.

One of the worse defenders in the league...there is a reason his teams in Minnesota couldn't win 30 games a season

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It'll be a future pick.

Hypothetical:

They move Love to Washington for Gortat , Markieff Morris and a pick.

Washington now has their big 3 in Wall, Beal and Love. 

This provide more depth for Cavs.  Moving Shumpert because he defends is easy enough - a team like Minny could use a backup wing.  Thibs would love him.

Love is garbage...no way in he'll Washington does that stupid trade

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Love is garbage...no way in he'll Washington does that stupid trade

There is always one stupid team - and that all it takes.

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

There is always one stupid team - and that all it takes.

I'm not going to let you guys get away with always propping up other teams and proposing the worse scenarios for the Hawks.  No team will voluntarily upgrade Cleveland's sorry roster.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm not going to let you guys get away with always propping up other teams and proposing the worse scenarios for the Hawks.  No team will voluntarily upgrade Cleveland's sorry roster.

You're moving the goal posts, brolio.  Do you not think there's a team out there that values emoLove enough to trade for him?

Shiiii, WAS may not think they're upgrading CLE's roster via that trade.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm not propping up anyone least of all Cleveland.  But your assumption that they can't move Love or Shumpert or Thompson is ludicrous. When they traded for Mozgov, Shumpert and Smith no one thought they'd be anything special. Don't get all huffy.

A team like Brooklyn that don't have draft picks and will get no quality free agents would quickly take Love for capspace and pair him next to Lopez and run with that next season.  It may not be a playoff team but they won't be last place bad.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not propping up anyone least of all Cleveland.  But your assumption that they can't move Love or Shumpert or Thompson is ludicrous. When they traded for Mozgov, Shumpert and Smith no one thought they'd be anything special. Don't get all huffy.

A team like Brooklyn that don't have draft picks and will get no quality free agents would quickly take Love for capspace and pair him next to Lopez and run with that next season.  It may not be a playoff team but they won't be last place bad.

Those contracts are awful..Plus no GM in their right mind would think that they could pair those guys with whatever they have on their roster and think they would have more success with their combo than combination of the same players with Lebron. No one is that stuipid.

$I'm not sure what you consider awful but Shumpert has 2 years left at $10 mil, Frye 1 year at $7...compare that to Baze at $16 plus for the next 3. (Now that's a bad contract) JR Smith will be tough to move.

Kevin Love at $22 mil in this salary cap is a value contract based on his production particularly when you consider that Nerlens Noel might be getting  $25.5. A team like Dallas who's looking for Dirk's replacement might also take a look.

When teams make trades it's more about how it helps their OWN team moving forward, they don't look at it as helping the Cavs.

I've listed several POSSIBLE options but all you keep saying is 'no team will do that' when history has shown you it happens every season.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

$I'm not sure what you consider awful but Shumpert has 2 years left at $10 mil, Frye 1 year at $7...compare that to Baze at $16 plus for the next 3. (Now that's a bad contract) JR Smith will be tough to move.

Kevin Love at $22 mil in this salary cap is a value contract based on his production particularly when you consider that Nerlens Noel might be getting  $25.5. A team like Dallas who's looking for Dirk's replacement might also take a look.

When teams make trades it's more about how it helps their OWN team moving forward, they don't look at it as helping the Cavs.

I've listed several POSSIBLE options but all you keep saying is 'no team will do that' when history has shown you it happens every season.

Yeah, i'm not seeing the bad contracts on this team.  And what does Korver have to do with anything?  He is gone after this season.   

JR makes a LOT less than Baze

A ton of teams would take Love at $22

Thompson is getting paid like $8 million less than Dwight

As long as Lebron is playing elite ball then they will find ways to reload every year.   

• Premium Member

I wouldn't want love @ $22 mil per season...why would you?  His offensive production comes from playing with the best player and arguable best facilitator in basketball so why would teams trade their good players for his over inflated offensive numbers? plus he is absolute garbage on defense. No Thank you!!!!!!

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I wouldn't want love @ $22 mil per season...why would you?  His offensive production comes from playing with the best player and arguable best facilitator in basketball so why would teams trade their good players for his over inflated offensive numbers? plus he is absolute garbage on defense. No Thank you!!!!!!

He averaged 23.5 points per game his last 4 seasons without LeBron.  What are you smoking?

He was an All-Star this year and 4 of the last 7 years.  I get you hate him and can totally understand why from that perspective you would not give value for him but there are a lot of other teams in the league and one of them will want him for sure.

JayBird said it perfectly that it only takes one.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

He averaged 23.5 points per game his last 4 seasons without LeBron.  What are you smoking?

He was an All-Star this year and 4 of the last 7 years.  I get you hate him and can totally understand why from that perspective you would not give value for him but there are a lot of other teams in the league and one of them will want him for sure.

JayBird said it perfectly that it only takes one.

Bad team all star!  Stephon Marbury had better numbers but was death to his teams. Same with Mello. Dont fall in love with a bad team all star...sounds like a song.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Bad team all star!  Stephon Marbury had better numbers but was death to his teams. Same with Mello. Dont fall in love with a bad team all star...sounds like a song.

Again.  You are acting like teams haven't repeatedly traded for Marbury and Mello.  Your opinion doesn't matter.  What matters is whether GMs will give value for these types of players and the answer is a resounding "yes."

Just look at Marbury.  Four trades and everytime studs were returned to the team trading him.  Were these smart moves?  No.  Of course not.  But every time there was another GM willing to gamble on him and give up an All-Star to get him.  

Trade #1 - Ray Allen (HOF)

Trade #2 - Terrell Brandon (All-Star) & Sam Cassell (All-Star and All-NBA)

Trade #3 - Jason Kidd (HOF)

Trade #4 - Antonio McDyess (All-Star & All-NBA) & multiple picks including #9 overall pick Gordon Hayward (All-Star)

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Again.  You are acting like teams haven't repeatedly traded for Marbury and Mello.  Your opinion doesn't matter.  What matters is whether GMs will give value for these types of players and the answer is a resounding "yes."

Just look at Marbury.  Four trades and everytime studs were returned to the team trading him.  Were these smart moves?  No.  Of course not.  But every time there was another GM willing to gamble on him and give up an All-Star to get him.  

Trade #1 - Ray Allen (HOF)

Trade #2 - Terrell Brandon (All-Star) & Sam Cassell (All-Star and All-NBA)

Trade #3 - Jason Kidd (HOF)

Trade #4 - Antonio McDyess (All-Star & All-NBA) & multiple picks including #9 overall pick Gordon Hayward (All-Star)

That was in the past...GMs are smarter now

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

You do realize you said their roster was garbage and then just said they have the best player and arguably the best facilitator?  :hmm:

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

That was in the past...GMs are smarter now

The Orlando Magic acquired forward Serge Ibaka in a multiplayer trade Thursday night with the Oklahoma City Thunder.

The Thunder received guard Victor Oladipo, forward Ersan Ilyasova and the rights to power forward Domantas Sabonis, who was taken with the 11th pick in the NBA draft on Thursday night.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

You do realize you said their roster was garbage and then just said they have the best player and arguably the best facilitator?  :hmm:

I was describing the same person...Lebron James