• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Will the League Allow Golden State to Sweep Tonight?

Diesel

• Premium Member

That should be the question on all minds.  Will the League allow GS to Sweep tonight??  My best guess is NO.  

IF GS should sweep, that means that they would lose 22 Million Dollars in Ticket sales alone.  OF that, the NBA would lose about 9.9 Million of ticket sales.    That's just from the GS side.  From the Cleveland side, the League loses another 7 Million dollars in ticket sales.  All in all in just tickets the League loses 16 Million Dollars.  I know.. that's not a lot.  However, consider this.. that's just in tickets.  TV Programming...

The league is all about TV programming.  The last time there was a sweep in the finals (Spurs/Cavs), it was accompanied by poor ratings.  After that point, Stern went into fixing the games by using the refs.  He knew that he couldn't put an unwatchable product on the TV screen for the finals... again.  That's why you had a dominant Spurs team lose the WCF to the OKC thunder a few years back (go back and examine games 3, 5, & 6).  Sorta like Lakers/Kings.   Just like then, now is a bad time to lose momentum.  The NBA just inked a large TV contract and they don't want to look like a diluted league....i.e.  GS and everybody else. Sure they will police the max superteams... but before their remedy can take hold, they have to change the appearance of the League by letting Lebron win a game tonight. 

The NBA has learned the art of using the Refs to control games.   So here's my prediction.  Draymond and Zaza will be in Foul trouble Early and often.   Also.. either Klay or Durant will find themselves picking up nitpicky fouls.  Last but not least, Cleveland will be allowed to turn up the physicality when playing defense. 

What do you think?

Believe the answer is no, after the fact of course. Zaza sure was active with his hands last night, part of the overall entertainment I guess. Definition of the first quarter?

blitz·krieg
[ˈblitsˌkrēɡ]
NOUN
  1. an intense military campaign intended to bring about a swift victory.

Funny, interesting and pretty accurate comments following this short article about was the fix on in game four. Even Aldridge and Vitale commented. Game four was NBA entertainment at its worst.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-finals-2017-refs-bad-calls-officials-fix-game-4-conspiracy-twitter-internet-reaction/d4eh04o0diud1icr9je1p4e4s

28 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Funny, interesting and pretty accurate comments following this short article about was the fix on in game four. Even Aldridge and Vitale commented. Game four was NBA entertainment at its worst.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-finals-2017-refs-bad-calls-officials-fix-game-4-conspiracy-twitter-internet-reaction/d4eh04o0diud1icr9je1p4e4s

Reminded me of Kobe's last game as a Laker. I'm sorry I don't care who the legend is or was...if it's his last game and he has MURDERED Utah the way he had in his career...

Hes going straight to the hospital after the game not getting his beak wet by everyone telling his he played a wonderful last game. 

Long live the days when you were put on ur ass for coming into the lane. 

I still take that shit personally when I play ball. I don't really care who you are, if you come into the lane, you could get whacked. Lol.

Long live the playing days of Rudy, Kermit, Riley, Sloan, Oakley, Mason, Laimbeer, Mahorn and this guy..lol..I'd love somebody to put the choke hold on curry and put his pampered cocky ass to sleep...

IMG_0334.JPG

6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Uh, thought we were talking roundball here. Thats another sport guy.

Lol ok that was a bad picture and image but all I'm saying is please no layups...NBA to WWF or WWE or whichever isn't cool.

All I'm saying is basketball is a sports...LETS keep it that way. I understand making money and attracting fans from all over but you don't need to reach every damn demographic of people for the NBA. 

If you want entertainment only go see a movie or a show or play...let's not fake the games in the league anymore it's just stupid. 

The league is playing with fire fire trying to attract all these fans for entertainment...they might lose the loyal ones they had. Nothing lasts forever.

7 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol ok that was a bad picture and image but all I'm saying is please no layups...NBA to WWF or WWE or whichever isn't cool.

Understood and even though Wes got under pretty much everyone's skin I didn't enjoy seeing that choke hold on an ex Hawk. When fast Eddie came back from injury they were on the court together some and it was serious speed and  defense between the two. Didn't last long though the way I remember it. 

On a side note, I was watching Golden Girls this morning (shut up @kg01 it's an awesome oldie)..and I remembered that they lived in Miami...then I remembered Hot in Cleveland the show from like 10 years ago... Miami to Cleveland ....

Is Lebron in love or stalking Beatrice (better known as AYE YO BETTY) White?

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

The league is playing with fire fire trying to attract all these fans for entertainment...they might lose the loyal ones they had. Nothing lasts forever.

As highlighted by some posters stating there is no reason to watch the series going on now. Understand the frustration. 

6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

As highlighted by some posters stating there is no reason to watch the series going on now. Understand the frustration. 

Ya it just stinks watching the last 35 NBA finals and the Hawks not being in any..

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's what the sport used to be.  A physical game in which even your superstars went at your throats and actually had a dislike for you.

Image result for xavier mcdaniel chokes player

Any pic with Bird or Ainge or any Celtic getting choked is an automatic LIKE and 5 points..lol

I didn't like the Celtics at all as a kid.  And Game 7 vs the Hawks in 1998 didn't help that at all.   But as I got older, my appreciation for the Celtics, and especially Larry Bird, has grown to respect how great of a team they were.  That's why I'm not tripping off of the supposed dominance of Cleveland and Golden State in this ear.  

Hopefully, it will encourage teams that are below them, to really raise their games, and develop unique game plans to try to take them out.

Since you like Bird getting manhandled, you may enjoy the next clip.