• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Will the League Allow Golden State to Sweep Tonight?

Diesel

39 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I didn't like the Celtics at all as a kid.  And Game 7 vs the Hawks in 1998 didn't help that at all.   But as I got older, my appreciation for the Celtics, and especially Larry Bird, has grown to respect how great of a team they were.  That's why I'm not tripping off of the supposed dominance of Cleveland and Golden State in this ear.  

Hopefully, it will encourage teams that are below them, to really raise their games, and develop unique game plans to try to take them out.

Since you like Bird getting manhandled, you may enjoy the next clip.

Agreed! And yes I love this . One of my faves...but ur right you can't hate you gotta raise the level of play.

• Moderators

The thing about the reffing in game 4 to me wasn't just the expected terrible calls.   It's was the fact that almost every cavs player was goading them into making calls.   Wild flopping, flailing arms, chicken winging to look like your held, not even trying to make a basketball play but just daring the refs to make a call.   Now some of this happens every game but not to this extent.   I'm convinced this was their game plan.   And honestly it's embarrassing.   Lebron and Shump are the worst offenders.  

It's sad when the game the Cavs win and set an all time scoring mark is the game that most illuminates the fact that they can't hang with the Warriors.  It's not even close.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member

You guys have to be reminded of the truth.  Basketball is a BUSINESS!!!

In 2014, the NBA signed a 9 year, 24 Billion dollar deal with the ABC, TNT, and ESPN.

Think about it for a second.

2011 - Mavs. over Heat

2012 - Heat over thunder.

2013 - Heat over Spurs.

2014 - Spurs over the Heat. 

The NBA built this contract off of variety and parity.  There was no Juggernaut and that's what they sold to the fans and that's what they sold to the Networks.

Adam Silver has the same Job that Stern had when he was building the League... maintain it.  Therefore, Silver can't have a dominant team (Golden State) who beats the other dominant team (Cleveland) so badly that nobody wants to watch the next season.  So what does he do... he tells the refs to "let the game be physical in the first half".  I like how somebody used the word Blitzkrieg.  Then something happened in the 2nd half.  Draymond Green gets his second technical on the most BS of calls.  There was a first half call in the 2nd.   At that moment, the refs knew that had they through Green out of the game, people would have reviewed the WHOLE game based on that BS call.  I mean, I barely saw a foul and he gets Tee'd up for it.   So to save face over the game that they had fixed, they had to keep Draymond on the floor.  It would make them look bad in that call but nobody would investigate the other no calls and bad calls that they made in the first that aided a good shooting Cleveland team.

This is not just the refs... however, the NETWorkS are complicit too.   How fast did they get this shot of Kerr running in (AFTER Green had been hit with the Technical)??  So we all forgot right?

Tonight, I believe that the League gets involved again.  I think that you will see a physical game and that Clevleand will be given a chance to be in it at the end.

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You guys have to be reminded of the truth.  Basketball is a BUSINESS!!!

In 2014, the NBA signed a 9 year, 24 Billion dollar deal with the ABC, TNT, and ESPN.

Think about it for a second.

2011 - Mavs. over Heat

2012 - Heat over thunder.

2013 - Heat over Spurs.

2014 - Spurs over the Heat. 

The NBA built this contract off of variety and parity.  There was no Juggernaut and that's what they sold to the fans and that's what they sold to the Networks.

Adam Silver has the same Job that Stern had when he was building the League... maintain it.  Therefore, Silver can't have a dominant team (Golden State) who beats the other dominant team (Cleveland) so badly that nobody wants to watch the next season.  So what does he do... he tells the refs to "let the game be physical in the first half".  I like how somebody used the word Blitzkrieg.  Then something happened in the 2nd half.  Draymond Green gets his second technical on the most BS of calls.  There was a first half call in the 2nd.   At that moment, the refs knew that had they through Green out of the game, people would have reviewed the WHOLE game based on that BS call.  I mean, I barely saw a foul and he gets Tee'd up for it.   So to save face over the game that they had fixed, they had to keep Draymond on the floor.  It would make them look bad in that call but nobody would investigate the other no calls and bad calls that they made in the first that aided a good shooting Cleveland team.

This is not just the refs... however, the NETWorkS are complicit too.   How fast did they get this shot of Kerr running in (AFTER Green had been hit with the Technical)??  So we all forgot right?

Tonight, I believe that the League gets involved again.  I think that you will see a physical game and that Clevleand will be given a chance to be in it at the end.

I just think that's it's not even Silver telling them to do anything.   It's just baked in to nba refs and players and coaches.   Games with newer NBA refs have puzzling calls and stupid calls but the older refs have agenda calls.   Calls that only have an explanation as part of a bigger picture.   It's the way they learned to call and it's continually reinforced by the grief/non-grief they receive from the league on their performance eval.   It's basic psychology and the NBA has been doing it masterfully for decades.   They probably don't even believe they are doing it.    

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I just think that's it's not even Silver telling them to do anything.   It's just baked in to nba refs and players and coaches.   Games with newer NBA refs have puzzling calls and stupid calls but the older refs have agenda calls.   Calls that only have an explanation as part of a bigger picture.   It's the way they learned to call and it's continually reinforced by the grief/non-grief they receive from the league on their performance eval.   It's basic psychology and the NBA has been doing it masterfully for decades.   They probably don't even believe they are doing it.    

Actually, I disagree.

If Silver or Stern for that matter had put the fear of God into the refs that ever call, their job was on the line... there is no way that their reffing would be worse that college refs reffing. 

I know guys who ref College, HS, hell even YMCA league games.  All of those guys have one thing in common, they always want to get the call right... no matter what. 

It is funny that when you get to the NBA (the supreme court of refs) these guys stop caring about getting it right and they have what you call a culture of bad reffing.   That doesn't just happen because you put on the NBA tag.  That happens because something from up high mandates that you have certain practices for business.  Now, Silver may be insulated and maybe don't make the call himself but somebody that works under him talks to those refs and tell them what outcome they would like to see.

But the whole game is corrupted.  We still have this NBA draft system and nobody can give a reason for it's existence.  I know.. .they guarantee that we put the highest picks in the right hands.  It's a business.  Philly is a strong market, we will give them the #1 pick for however long it takes to get them back to being strong. 

7 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Adam Silver is a lil puppet. @kg01 do me a favor and stick your hand up his butt real quick...u got gloves?

Ask yer gf.  See if she still got the ones I left in her (house) las' week.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Ask yer gf.  See if she still got the ones I left in her (house) las' week.

Hahaha eggcellent! I wanna take Brian Windhorst to a buffet, then lock him in a closet with you for a couple hours..

Brian WINDhorst...enjoy the wind..

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Actually, I disagree.

If Silver or Stern for that matter had put the fear of God into the refs that ever call, their job was on the line... there is no way that their reffing would be worse that college refs reffing. 

I know guys who ref College, HS, hell even YMCA league games.  All of those guys have one thing in common, they always want to get the call right... no matter what. 

It is funny that when you get to the NBA (the supreme court of refs) these guys stop caring about getting it right and they have what you call a culture of bad reffing.   That doesn't just happen because you put on the NBA tag.  That happens because something from up high mandates that you have certain practices for business.  Now, Silver may be insulated and maybe don't make the call himself but somebody that works under him talks to those refs and tell them what outcome they would like to see.

But the whole game is corrupted.  We still have this NBA draft system and nobody can give a reason for it's existence.  I know.. .they guarantee that we put the highest picks in the right hands.  It's a business.  Philly is a strong market, we will give them the #1 pick for however long it takes to get them back to being strong. 

Actually, I think we agree.   I think the NBA has been manipulating the refs for years by coming down on them over certain calls.   Basically what Daughgey (sic?) discribes in the book.   I'm just saying that the guys who've been in the league a while don't need a call from the office before the game.   They already know what they are supposed to do.   And they do it because they don't want the league breathing down their neck.   Same reason anyone does anything at work.  You don't want the boss coming down on you.   

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We've finally done it.

We've found rare footage of @Spud2Nique playing some roundball ... emphasis on 'round'.

Is that a romper, Spud2?

Hahaha my friend sent me that yesterday...I'm not gonna lie I do that at one point in my life...I love this dude...he's smooth for his size.. @JayBirdHawk get in here you'll love this guy's body...lean lol

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Spud you're done for the day.   You're not coming back from this one.   

@macdaddy Are you gonna make me send another buff pic of myself for the mods to erase 5 min later? Keep pushin me...

Just now, macdaddy said:

No and quit IM'ing them to me everyday...you need help. 

I just wanna inspire you to be a healthier person that's all. Do you wanna be around when we win it all in 2047? :-|

My bad us. :-( Damn ...got myself all sad..it backfired crap..

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Our own little reality tv network going on. Wish we could leave some of the most blatant examples with the refs out at least. Stuff has been going on forever it seems but the most outrageous examples won't ever be forgotten. Best example: Bibby fouling Kobe's elbow with his nose. That first quarter was in the same ball park of that in game four. When its that obvious its just no fun.