• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Schlenk on 680 The Fan This Morning (Friday 6/9)

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I actually think that 7 years is accurate when you build from scratch. I compare the stage that we are currently in, to the 2012 Warriors if you want a direct timeline comparison.

Hear me out, they got their starting point in Curry in the 2009 draft, we got Dennis in 2013. They got their second piece of the puzzle in Klay 2 years after in 2011, we got our 2nd piece to the puzzle 3 years after Dennis in Prince in 2016. 

The Warriors next HUGE piece was the following year after Klay, 2012, when they got Draymond, to me, that's where I think Schlenk picks it up.

pg- Curry 2009

sg- Klay 2011

pf- Draymond 2012

pg- Dennis 2013

sf- Taurean Prince 2016

pf- 2017?

sg- 2017?

c- 2017?

We are in the summer of 2012 if you did a straight parallel comparison to where the Warriors franchise were and our today.

We have 2 solid foundational pieces in Dennis and Prince. I think this is the draft where we get our Draymond, that 3rd piece in this funky sausage Schlenk martini concoction...:-|

ps Coincidentally I think get a pf in this draft, where at 19,31 or 60.

Expect a 4-5 year retool 

vs

A 7 year Sixer style tank. That simply doesn't happen with great coaches like Bud. If you give Bud, me, @kg01, @lethalweapon3, @AHF And @JayBirdHawk, we'd prolly still win 30 games lol.

Look for us to be a championship threat starting in 2021 in my honest opinion...possibly 2022. But I'm hoping once we are there, our window is open for at least 3-5 years. 

But if that's our plan then it's more than likely going to fail to win a championship.   Dennis and Prince may end up being good players but it's extremely unlikely they are anywhere near Curry and Thompson.   Why?  Because they have so far to go to even get to where those guys were talent wise when they came into the league.   

We can't build a team without at least one but more like 2 or 3 real offensive weapons.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I realize that the internet is #HotTakesCentral, but we really need to stop making knee jerk reactions on any coach. We could be feeling differently on Quinn in two years. I mean come on...

At least Quinn does all of the right things...The thing a great coach does like research on his players and potential coaches

Exactly what I see and hear as well. We aren't a Philly complete tank team. We are more of a Rockets opportunistic pounce on a trade or free agent after saving up team.

I can see Schlenk turning mad cheap and saving a lot of money to become flexible. God I wish we did this last year so Schlenk would avoid Dwight and Baze. We panicked on those signings cuz of stupid ass Alice Horbag.

The Hawks signed Baze and Dwight before Horf bolted. Management should have held of on Baze until they came to terms with Horf. Anyway, no use rehashing it at this point.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• Premium Member

2017-06-09_1215.png

Critical point, as I see it... the timing inherent with when a top tier player finally receives a top tier contract worked in GSW's favor in a big way.

And so, I feel like perhaps the thing that Budcox did "most right" is to lock up Dennis. If this works out as we all hope it does, we may look back on that as the crucial decision that allowed us to get there.

• Like 2

As this year's draft approaches, here are some things that I hope

that our drafted players will be qualified to do:

1- Walk and chew gum at the same time.

2- Have a basketball IQ above 7.

3- Have enough speed to get from one end of the court to the other.

4- Not believe he knows more than the Hawk's coaches.

With all that said, seriously I hope all players drafted here are able to

shoot and hit, both from 3 point range and from the free throw line.  Please!

I hope they have the talent to hold on to the ball and not be a turnover machine.

I hope they know what a rebound is and have the ability to grab a few.

I hope that they have enough speed, quickness to move and not do what

I did when I was young - - Step on their own feet and fall.

• Like 3

I don't believe in bottoming out and I don't think Schlenk is talking about bottoming out. But here, and in life you have to at least accept the idea of change happening. Can't get all whiny about it.

It doesn't matter who is and isn't here, that tier 1 player that is needed is still missing. Now you can get a bunch of tier 2 and 3 players and enjoy a fun team that plays hard, but here's the thing, if you remove Millsap, you have a tier 3 caliber player in Dennis that can play at tier 2 from time to time (I think he has more upside than what has been shown but he's never going to be **THE** piece to propels you to anything) and a guy that could be tier 2 in Prince but only showed a few scattered glimpses of it. That's it. While Hardaway Jr is fun to watch on offense, him doing his "thing" doesn't always help.

Millsap is borderline tier 1, but also a guy that needs better players surrounding him. He won't carry you, which is why he's high tier 2.

So just some things to chew on. Would anyone really hate the idea of, if Millsap walks, constructing a team of hardworking players that work together well but may not be the most talent you can put together?

Edited by Lurker

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

can see Schlenk turning mad cheap and saving a lot of money to become flexible. God I wish we did this last year so Schlenk would avoid Dwight and Baze. We panicked on those signings cuz of stupid ass Alice Horbag.

Co-sign.  Making it rain for Can't Losemore and "I Eat So Many Candy Bars Daily That My Tingling Fingers Can't Feel The Basketball" was F'ing STUPID.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

2017-06-09_1215.png

Critical point, as I see it... the timing inherent with when a top tier player finally receives a top tier contract worked in GSW's favor in a big way.

And so, I feel like perhaps the thing that Budcox did "most right" is to lock up Dennis. If this works out as we all hope it does, we may look back on that as the crucial decision that allowed us to get there.

So you don't even quote my name...just my message...another example of the NBA holding us back....smh...lol

• Premium Member

What... is there some kind of extra-value points or something you and Diesel are collecting that no one's told me about????... hehe... and yes, I purposely left off the @ on both of you. :D Don't want you getting points that I'm not. Now someone get me the Squawk points catalog so I can see what I'm missing out on.

15 minutes ago, sturt said:

What... is there some kind of extra-value points or something you and Diesel are collecting that no one's told me about????... hehe... and yes, I purposely left off the @ on both of you. :D Don't want you getting points that I'm not. Now someone get me the Squawk points catalog so I can see what I'm missing out on.

@sturt you only get the catalog when you donate to the site and becone a 'Premium member.' Some good stuff in it - why'd you think @Spud2Nique is so fat and @kg01 can decorate his cul-de-sac.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, sturt said:

2017-06-09_1512.png

In that case, JBH, I appear to be a victim of some kind of discrimination. I've asked my attorney to figure out which kind. 

Premium Member!  Cool.   The swag bag was awesome this year right?  I'm sportin those Hawks yeezys right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sturt said:

2017-06-09_1512.png

In that case, JBH, I appear to be a victim of some kind of discrimination. I've asked my attorney to figure out which kind. 

You've got 2 'T's' in your user name - automatic disqualification.

8 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I actually think that 7 years is accurate when you build from scratch. I compare the stage that we are currently in, to the 2012 Warriors if you want a direct timeline comparison.

Hear me out, they got their starting point in Curry in the 2009 draft, we got Dennis in 2013. They got their second piece of the puzzle in Klay 2 years after in 2011, we got our 2nd piece to the puzzle 3 years after Dennis in Prince in 2016. 

The Warriors next HUGE piece was the following year after Klay, 2012, when they got Draymond, to me, that's where I think Schlenk picks it up.

pg- Curry 2009

sg- Klay 2011

pf- Draymond 2012

pg- Dennis 2013

sf- Taurean Prince 2016

pf- 2017?

sg- 2017?

c- 2017?

We are in the summer of 2012 if you did a straight parallel comparison to where the Warriors franchise were and our today.

We have 2 solid foundational pieces in Dennis and Prince. I think this is the draft where we get our Draymond, that 3rd piece in this funky sausage Schlenk martini concoction...:-|

ps Coincidentally I think get a pf in this draft, where at 19,31 or 60.

Expect a 4-5 year retool 

vs

A 7 year Sixer style tank. That simply doesn't happen with great coaches like Bud. If you give Bud, me, @kg01, @lethalweapon3, @AHF And @JayBirdHawk, we'd prolly still win 30 games lol.

Look for us to be a championship threat starting in 2021 in my honest opinion...possibly 2022. But I'm hoping once we are there, our window is open for at least 3-5 years. 

The NBA contract cycle is a maximum of 5 years. It takes a maximum of 5 years to completely remake your roster. 5 years is realistic. 7 years is built in excuses.

• Like 1