• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lucky Number Neven

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Blatt's speedbump w/ Maccabi (via Eurohoops) potentially opening the door for Spahija's return across the pond:

http://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/461242/buy-clauses-emerged-issue-blatt-maccabi-tel-aviv/

According to Israeli website “Wala” the talks for a three-year contract for $ 1.4 million per season have continued, but a dispute has emerged between the two parties.

While Blatt wants to get an opt out clause every summer for the NBA without any buy out and also a [$200,000] buy out for the Euroleague, the “Yellows” are willing to give him only an NBA opt out.

It remains to be seen if this issue can be solved, while according to the same report CSKA Moscow may have plans which include Blatt.

Blatt is denying any calls received from Russian clubs (staying away from any follow-up jokes here, so not the week for that).

http://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/461568/blatt-denies-khimki-cska-moscow-rumors/

Blatt spoke to Tacc in Russia and declined any rumors that wanted him to be negotiating with CSKA Moscow and Khimki for the upcoming season.

“Of course, I miss Russia, but neither CSKA nor Khimki entered into negotiations with me. Nothing has happened towards this direction”, Blatt admitted.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Perfect fit next to Bud. Good timing too..I love Korver but he might be done playing very very soon.

He doesn't seem mentally ready to quit though.  Hell I'd take him back as a player on a good deal.   

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

He doesn't seem mentally ready to quit though.  Hell I'd take him back as a player on a good deal.   

Ya..just feel he lost a couple steps really quick..like in the matter of a year and a half...like something happened in 2015 that set his career back. Hmmmmmmm...what was it? For the life of me I can't remember what it could possib.....

DELLY YOU DIRTY AUSSIE RAT BASTARD!!!!!!

Might take a smaller deal if knowing coaching here in some capacity would be readily available for him afterwards. Even if its just a shooting coach it would still be the start of his second career. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Another assistant leaving....

giphy.gif

More like ...

Jack Tripper Yes!

Or in @Spud2Nique's case ...

Bill Hader Stefon Yes

Seriously though, I've been wanting an asst shake-up.  Perhaps this *ahem* Spurs us to delving into the Warriors' pool of development eggsperts to upgrade the staff.

• Premium Member

I was thinking Korver as coach like many of you as well. There is an article at the top of ESPN about Paul George and LeBron. Inside that article they discuss the difficulty of retaining Korver, mainly because they anticipate him getting paid 14 million a year in free agency. Good ol' ESPN for you there lol. 

1 hour ago, AUhawksfan said:

Whew, be careful there.  If you forget to put that 't' in there you're going to have to explain yourself before people pounce on the opportunity, right @Spud2Nique?

And with that said, I'm clocking out for the weekend.......

3....2...:-/

49 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I was thinking Korver as coach like many of you as well. There is an article at the top of ESPN about Paul George and LeBron. Inside that article they discuss the difficulty of retaining Korver, mainly because they anticipate him getting paid 14 million a year in free agency. Good ol' ESPN for you there lol. 

Wow. Figured he might get MLE money like $8mil.

Maybe I'm wrong but I didn't see anything tangible brought to the table from Spahjia. The team got markedly worse (especially in "Euro" areas like shooting and passing) and unlike Quinn and Ken, no NBA squads are knocking on his door for a head job...

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I didn't see anything tangible brought to the table from Spahjia. The team got markedly worse (especially in "Euro" areas like shooting and passing) and unlike Quinn and Ken, no NBA squads are knocking on his door for a head job...

I loved his halftime interview with Oliv a lot though. He seems like a cool guy....

"Cool guy? What are you in 8th grade?-Jerry Seinfeld to George about Elaine's boyfriend Tony..

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wow. Figured he might get MLE money like $8mil.

What the...$14 mill for Kyle?Damn I know shooting is a premium in the league but that's a lot..

I thought Kyle might get like 9 million a year for 3 years or even 30million/3 year deal to end his career.

We shall see. How much do you have Kyle making per @JayBirdHawk