• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lucky Number Neven

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I didn't see anything tangible brought to the table from Spahjia. The team got markedly worse (especially in "Euro" areas like shooting and passing) and unlike Quinn and Ken, no NBA squads are knocking on his door for a head job...

I agree, also find myself wondering if I'm judging our assistant coaches based on potential head coach opportunities. I could be very wrong but I'm not sure if a rookie head coach has had 2 guys leave for head coaching gigs as quickly as Bud has. Our coaching (to me) has been subpar recently though, hopefully it has more to do with Bud doing too much and not losing Quinn and Kenny.

• Like 1

In a number of areas Bud hasn't really improved over his tenure but this stretch with him as a jack of all trades is over so maybe we'll see a better performance by him. Rotations, late game decisions and stubborn teacher's pet type love are the same issues from his first year here. Expect to have a better showing from him though the win loss probably won't show it next year if Sap is gone. Have to depend on the eye test at that point. Definitely miss Quin's skill at developing players and Atkinson for pace and defense.

• Moderators

Slightly more detail on the Blatt negotiations freezing up in Tel Aviv. Let's Go "Hakws!"

(Google translated from Espanol)

http://piratasdelbasket.net/blatt-se-aleja-de-un-maccabi-que-ahora-se-fija-en-neven-spahija/

(Maccabi) came to offer Blatt 3.9 million dollars for three seasons, to 1.3 million per year. A lower offer than he is earning in the Darussafaka Dogus, where he has a contract year to 1.7 million, and who apparently wants to probe a possible return to the NBA.

With the increasingly difficult option (for) Blatt, Maccabi has focused on (its) plan B, which is none other than an old acquaintance, the Croatian Spahija, the last three campaigns assistant coach of the Atlanta Hakws. The coach was already in Maccabi in the 2006/07 season, where he then went to Spanish basketball, with one season in Baskonia and two more in Valencia.

~lw3

• Moderators
On 6/9/2017 at 7:35 PM, benhillboy said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I didn't see anything tangible brought to the table from Spahjia. The team got markedly worse (especially in "Euro" areas like shooting and passing) and unlike Quinn and Ken, no NBA squads are knocking on his door for a head job...

Oooooh.  You better watch out bhb.  Spahjia is coming for you!

aQKFi7U.gif

• Like 1

On 6/9/2017 at 6:00 PM, cam1218 said:

I was thinking Korver as coach like many of you as well. There is an article at the top of ESPN about Paul George and LeBron. Inside that article they discuss the difficulty of retaining Korver, mainly because they anticipate him getting paid 14 million a year in free agency. Good ol' ESPN for you there lol. 

Manu got a big offer from Philly last summer. I'm sure however Korver will get an interest from SA, BOS, CLE, GS and pick one of them for a lot less though.

• Like 1