• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks-Warriors

LikejRod29

Their is talk that the warriors are considering trading klay Thompson and if that's true,this could be the perfect time for Hawks and GM Travis Schlenk to jump all over this asap. Warriors what to sign both Curry and KD to max deals this offseason and wants to keep Green bc of his  defense and rebounding triple double abilities over klay and  of  course the luxury taxes they will  Old  an future. The Hawks have the picks and some young players with good  contracts to be moved for Warriors to save money. Ex gm  new gm helps out each other perhaps. What do u Hawks fans think?

• Like 1

I find this very hard to believe. Especially THIS soon after a championship but in the case that it's true it's even more of a stretch to believe we'd have the best offer for him lol but I'd definitely be all for it. 

• Like 2

Their is talk that the warriors are considering trading klay Thompson and if that's true,this could be the perfect time for Hawks and GM Travis Schlenk to jump all over this asap. Warriors what to sign both Curry and KD to max deals this offseason and wants to keep Green bc of his  defense and rebounding triple double abilities over klay and  of  course the luxury taxes they will  Old  an future. The Hawks have the picks and some young players with good  contracts to be moved for Warriors to save money. Ex gm  new gm helps out each other perhaps. What do u Hawks fans think?

I dont think the Hawks have the right assets to make the trade. In other words, I think the Hawks value their young players and picks too highly.

About the way I felt about this prediction.

LikejRod29 replied to terrellgroup's topic in Homecourt Millsap to the? I'll let u forks know at 3am 2morrow!!! Have to see if this is really happening or should I say really true if so very good deal for the ATL HAWKS.

• Premium Member

Doubt it happens but you never know. Weren't there some random rumors about a Thompson for Whoreford swap on here a few years ago before the season started?

If the Warriors rumor is that the Warriors are doing this to stay out of going extremely over the luxury tax (like the cavs) than I can't believe it. There's some teams you go into a crazy luxury tax over and the Warriors are honestly the only one.

as far as resigning Durant and curry...they own their bird  rights so they can keep the same team together as long as are willing to pay.

nothing in the world is going to make me believe they trade any of their core players due to money concerns...hell thats apart of having a super team! Once you get it you got to pay up!

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JTB said:

If the Warriors rumor is that the Warriors are doing this to stay out of going extremely over the luxury tax (like the cavs) than I can't believe it. There's some teams you go into a crazy luxury tax over and the Warriors are honestly the only one.

as far as resigning Durant and curry...they own their bird  rights so they can keep the same team together as long as are willing to pay.

nothing in the world is going to make me believe they trade any of their core players due to money concerns...hell thats apart of having a super team! Once you get it you got to pay up!

I agree, but they just went 16-1 in the playoffs. I wonder if there is a thought inside their orginazation that believes that Durant/Curry/Draymond is enough to win it again (assuming they get a good but cheaper replacement for Klay).

I think everyone on that team has shown they're expendable outside of Steph.  Klay's defensive rating was nothing to write home about (119) but his man defense on Kyrie was still as good as you could expect.  His passing, dribbling, and rebounding skills are so pedestrian though, a max is crazy.  He's next in line to get upgraded for a ring chasing All-NBA-caliber player Harry Barnes style.  Notice, when was the last time you heard the term "Splash Brothers?"

Schlenk already laid the law down, we building through the draft.  We aren't going to make any noise until the lottery a year from now.  Keep your shirts on unless you're a female Squawker with a nice rack.

• Like 1

Someone said stop starting rumors ,the report will be their when the  Championship thing cools down and I'm not saying that the Hawks have the best trade package for klay but perhaps (Schlock old team may help him an the ATL). It's been reported that klay is telling reporters that he what's too stay with the warriors but the  luxury taxes thing may cause him to be the old man out.  Thompson is a free agent an 2019 and you know someone's going to offer him a max deal and owner doesn't want to go over the taxes that far. 

7 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I think everyone on that team has shown they're expendable outside of Steph.  Klay's defensive rating was nothing to write home about (119) but his man defense on Kyrie was still as good as you could expect.  His passing, dribbling, and rebounding skills are so pedestrian though, a max is crazy.  He's next in line to get upgraded for a ring chasing All-NBA-caliber player Harry Barnes style.  Notice, when was the last time you heard the term "Splash Brothers?"

Schlenk already laid the law down, we building through the draft.  We aren't going to make any noise until the lottery a year from now.  Keep your shirts on unless you're a female Squawker with a nice rack.

Yes schlock may have said that he's building through the draft but if those rumors are true he and Bud would love to trade those buildings through the draft picks for  klay Thompson and I think They would do it in a heartbeat and they would love to have Thompson over those picks any day of the week. 

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Sounds to me that Durant is willing to take a significant pay cut to keep their team together 

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246261/Kevin-Durant-Expecting-To-Work-Out-Contract-To-Keep-Warriors-Core-Together

i doubt the Warriors break it up...they'll get at least one more ring before doing that 

F*ck him.  A "significant" paycut amounts to like 4million dollars to keep them together.

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

F*ck him.  A "significant" paycut amounts to like 4million dollars to keep them together.

IMG_0354.JPG

SIT DOWN LIL B...as Kendrick says..