• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Some Pero love -- winning just seems to follow him around

sturt

• Premium Member

Curious if he wants a coaching career when he's done. As I understand it, he now has an option year with the Turikish team to consider. Maybe Bud considers him if Neven leaves?

Image result for throwing up in mouth gif

His lack of shooting cost us that Indiana series.  He went 3 - 25 in that series ( 12% ), and miss his last 17 threes.  Once Indiana started letting him shoot wide open 3s, and helped clogged the middle, it turned the series around.  

He would've been a much more efficient offensive player for us, if Bud just kept him in his comfortable shooting range ( 18 - 22 feet ).  But like Delaney, he just didn't have consistent NBA 3 point shooting range.

I can't deny that the "movie villain" was a fan favorite.  But he's probably the most overrated scrub Hawk player in history . . ( if scrubs can be overrated ).

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But he's probably the most overrated scrub Hawk player in history

I would disagree a little, not entirely.

Instead, I'd put it, he was one of the players who most excelled at skills that aren't quantitatively measured, and thus, not kept as stats, and which, on some teams wouldn't matter so much, but in a ball movement team, really did, and all the more so, coming from a post player.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sturt said:

I would disagree a little, not entirely.

Instead, I'd put it, he was one of the players who most excelled at skills that aren't quantitatively measured, and thus, not kept as stats, and which, on some teams wouldn't matter so much, but in a ball movement team, really did, and all the more so, coming from a post player.

He's definitely one of those players who's impact was much deeper than his bad numbers.  Usually I'd look no further than a C shooting .365 and .301 on paper and declare him a soft bum.  Not Pero.  

He excelled at hockey passes, set Gortat-like screens, rolled well (finished awful), and drew fouls at a high rate on box-out action.  IQ and intangibles much higher than your average "rookie." For his salary he was invaluable to Bud's System hitting its apex.   Sure Bud went overboard with the three point attempts but he did go through stretches of .400 shooting and likely Bud was seduced because his form was so pretty.  Even those who hated his guts gotta honor the One Legger high up on the Hawks All-Time shot list.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

He's definitely one of those players who's impact was much deeper than his bad numbers.  Usually I'd look no further than a C shooting .365 and .301 on paper and declare him a soft bum.  Not Pero.  

He excelled at hockey passes, set Gortat-like screens, rolled well (finished awful), and drew fouls at a high rate on box-out action.  IQ and intangibles much higher than your average "rookie." For his salary he was invaluable to Bud's System hitting its apex.   Sure Bud went overboard with the three point attempts but he did go through stretches of .400 shooting and likely Bud was seduced because his form was so pretty.  Even those who hated his guts gotta honor the One Legger high up on the Hawks All-Time shot list.

I was at that game when they played Charlotte.  He literally missed about every shot he took in that game, before he hit that one-legged 3 to send the game into OT.

Even movie villains can win a few battles.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1