• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

In the next few days we find out...

I think some are hoping for a complete tear down and rebuild. Like we've discussed in other threads, that could take years, Schlenk did mention 7 years in Golden State. Raise you hand in you like stealth tanks.

Dennis to Sacramento for #5

Don't resign Paul

Let Timmy walk

What are the chances that two of those three things happen?

ps @NBASupes already put in his application for stealth tank captain so the rest can fall back..lol

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0522.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

With PG13 being available, there may be an entire different plan brewing in the front office.

Ressler wants those increase ticket sales.

Good luck to him on that. 10 straight years in the playoffs, a 60 win season, 20 something straight wins, unbeaten month, 4 All-Star starters and #1 seed plus a trip to the conference finals and attendance still sucked that season and has ever since. Short of trading for or signing a superstar (beyond someone like PG even) the attendance won't change much. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Can't have an off-season without trying to trade Schröder to the Kings! What's next talk of adding Rudy Gay? 

Lmao...ur right Dennis has been linked to Sac forever...but seriously you know how I feel about Rudy Gay...I think that was a cheap shot at my nuts Dolf...

NO RUDY GAY EVERRRRRRR

ps Off topic: Anyone watch better call Saul ...can't wait for the season finale tonight. @kg01 reminds me of Chuck a bit..lol

9 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Can't have an off-season without trying to trade Schröder to the Kings! What's next talk of adding Rudy Gay? 

Rudy Gay to the Hawks will always be a discussion. Once he retires, there will still be some Hawks fans saying we should go after him and bring him out of retirement to play.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

I would say pretty decent chance that we don't resign Paul Millsap and that we get outbid on Timmy. That said, I wouldn't really classify those as tanking moves. Just decisions to remain flexible given our current competitiveness.

I might be the only one. But im totally with throwing our draft picks at the wolves (figuratively) and letting them get some burn and develop.  

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lmao...ur right Dennis has been linked to Sac forever...but seriously you know how I feel about Rudy Gay...I think that was a cheap shot at my nuts Dolf...

NO RUDY GAY EVERRRRRRR

ps Off topic: Anyone watch better call Saul ...can't wait for the season finale tonight. @kg01 reminds me of Chuck a bit..lol

Rudy Gay or Bazemore at the 3?  Jus' askin'

And I'm totally not Chuck.  Mike all day long, bro.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Rudy Gay or Bazemore at the 3?  Jus' askin'

And I'm totally not Chuck.  Mike all day long, bro.

Oh helllllll no I'm Mike. Haha you as Mike would be a great parody. Hahahaha I'd watch for sure...the snl version.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

If u look at second half attendance hawks were top 10 in the league for the 60 win season. The city of Atlanta was number 5 in viewer ship for the NBA finals. U just have to get that star player that will make the average joes come out. PG13 would be that. Especially if the Hawks win 50+ games.

I wouldn't bet on PG13 being the guy who sets Atlanta on fire.  Don't think he is quite good enough to do it just on play or charismatic enough to do it on personality.  I do agree that there is a serious bed of basketball fans that are not engaged with the Hawks in Atlanta that need a breakthrough player to tap into them.  Kind of like being the NBA equivalent of what Michael Vick was to the Falcons (without the dog fighting).

• Like 3

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, AHF said:

I wouldn't bet on PG13 being the guy who sets Atlanta on fire.  Don't think he is quite good enough to do it just on play or charismatic enough to do it on personality.  I do agree that there is a serious bed of basketball fans that are not engaged with the Hawks in Atlanta that need a breakthrough player to tap into them.  Kind of like being the NBA equivalent of what Michael Vick was to the Falcons (without the dog fighting).

Exactly. We need Vince Carter 2.0 or Allen Iverson 2.0 to really get the fans engaged. Fundamental basketball with a team full of 'others' is good and all, but ATL fans really respond to athletic arrogance.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hawkman said:

Exactly. We need Vince Carter 2.0 or Allen Iverson 2.0 to really get the fans engaged. Fundamental basketball with a team full of 'others' is good and all, but ATL fans really respond to athletic arrogance.

Sad but true...Atlanta (not necessarily squawk) wants the highlight factory...

3 hours ago, AHF said:

If a top 10 or 12 player in the league doesn't excite Atlanta then we might be screwed. Lol.

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Seems like Tim is coming back.  Did you see Dennis' 'dynamic duo' tweet with him and Tim?  Baze must of loved that.   I think Sap might be gone.    

It's not like Dennis designed the graphic. Someone on Instagram made it and tagged them in it and Dennis reposted it. It literally means nothing about resigning him. 

6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Seems like Tim is coming back.  Did you see Dennis' 'dynamic duo' tweet with him and Tim?  Baze must of loved that.   I think Sap might be gone.    

I trolled Dennis a lil' bit with my tweet reply:

Edited by hazer