• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

In the next few days we find out...

• Moderators
10 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

So many say "tanking doesn't work" - well it would have worked with proper talent evaluation.  Let's just say we had smart people in charge and took CP3 (at a position we were in need) instead of Marvin.  Talent evaluation.

That's like saying that building through free agency and trades works with proper talent acquisition.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Also, and this is just me, I wanted Semi Ojeleye at 31...no way he lasts till then, so if it's me, I take another hard look at him at 19, there's just so much to love. My only question would be if Collins or Allen's upside was too good to pass up for Semi. I love this draft so much that I wish we had the 5th pick, the 15th pick and the 25th pick...that would be incredible. Hey, a guy can dream. Lol.

The #31 seems even more wide open than the #19. Had what I thought would probably happen this offseason fairly figured out till we hired Schlenk. Think that in itself was a great move and glad they didn't waste much time on the decision. Before the hire thought for sure 19 would be a big but with the Warrior's incredible three point game don't have a clue now and don't think Cviv's comments carry any weight about the subject either (him calling 19 a big). If Jackson is there would be very surprised if he doesn't become a Hawk because of Schlenk. 

• Moderators

Our rotation at the end of the season was basically:

Dennis/Tim/Prince/Sap/Howard  with Delaney / Baze/ Ersan / Moose off the bench  (i know calderon took over but let's assume delaney is the backup pg)

How many of these pieces are going to change next year?   Are we looking at 2 of the 9 being different?  Or more like 5 or 6?  

Despite the Colonel being in town I'm feeling like it maybe minimal changes at least to start the season.   I hope not though.    

• Premium Member
On 6/19/2017 at 10:07 AM, Spud2Nique said:

I think some are hoping for a complete tear down and rebuild. Like we've discussed in other threads, that could take years, Schlenk did mention 7 years in Golden State. Raise you hand in you like stealth tanks.

Dennis to Sacramento for #5

Don't resign Paul

Let Timmy walk

What are the chances that two of those three things happen?

Just posted about Dennis for #5 (De'Aaron Fox).. but I have no tank strategy here.   I think if we get Fox, we resign Paul and we resign THJr, we become a team that can be harder to beat in the post season.  Everybody has become superstar crazy but they have forgotten the main premise.. you have to have a good team and a good culture first.  How many teams with Superstars are doing absolutely nothing.  Why do you think George is testing the waters??  He's been in Indy doing absolutely nothing.   The culture there sucks.   We actually have a chance to build the culture here.. it starts with having a winning tradition. 

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

Tank into the gutters of the NBA...since we won't be keeping any of our top players from the ECF run. 

So many say "tanking doesn't work" - well it would have worked with proper talent evaluation.  Let's just say we had smart people in charge and took CP3 (at a position we were in need) instead of Marvin.  Talent evaluation.

There's the problem... IF...  IF we would have picked Karl Malone instead of Jon Koncak.

IF we would have taken the Jordan for Tree Rollins trade.

IF we would have traded Smoove for ..

Well you get it.. there's a whole host of things that would have worked in hindsight if you made the right decision.  

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Just posted about Dennis for #5 (De'Aaron Fox).. but I have no tank strategy here.   I think if we get Fox, we resign Paul and we resign THJr, we become a team that can be harder to beat in the post season.  Everybody has become superstar crazy but they have forgotten the main premise.. you have to have a good team and a good culture first.  How many teams with Superstars are doing absolutely nothing.  Why do you think George is testing the waters??  He's been in Indy doing absolutely nothing.   The culture there sucks.   We actually have a chance to build the culture here.. it starts with having a winning tradition. 

I don't think we'd trade for Fox at 5 and then turn around and sign Millsap and THJ...the timelines of the players wouldn't fit at all. If we trade for a top 5 pick this year, all indications point to a full on rebuild.

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I don't think we'd trade for Fox at 5 and then turn around and sign Millsap and THJ...the timelines of the players wouldn't fit at all. If we trade for a top 5 pick this year, all indications point to a full on rebuild.

Nope... a reload.  The timelines of a player is a fallacy.  We are the 4th oldest team in the league... Golden State is the 5th oldest.

In fact when you look at the oldest teams in the league:  Cleveland, LAC, San Antonio, US, and Golden State.  Us getting a guy like Fox.. and then signing a PG who can help run the team is just like us getting Prince last year.  It's a move to reload.   Young teams don't win nothing and young teams are not attractive to high calibre free agents because they don't win nothing.  

Let's just tell the whole truth... if we do a total rebuild, we will put ourselves in the category of a feeder team.  

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Nope... a reload.  The timelines of a player is a fallacy.  We are the 4th oldest team in the league... Golden State is the 5th oldest.

In fact when you look at the oldest teams in the league:  Cleveland, LAC, San Antonio, US, and Golden State.  Us getting a guy like Fox.. and then signing a PG who can help run the team is just like us getting Prince last year.  It's a move to reload.   Young teams don't win nothing and young teams are not attractive to high calibre free agents because they don't win nothing.  

Let's just tell the whole truth... if we do a total rebuild, we will put ourselves in the category of a feeder team.  

Age of the team doesn't show the full story.  Our team age was driven waaaaay up by Dunleavey, Calderon, Humphries and Thabo.   End of the bench guys.  Sap and Dwight are the north end of prime and everyone else if very young.   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think ur missing my point here. If you look at the Warriors, all those guys timeline is within a few years if not less...Curry 09...Klay 2011...Green 2012...

We can't do Millsap 2006, with Fox 2017....if we are building we gotta grab on to core players that are within age range of each other if we want more than a 2 year window of success.

If we get Fox (with I doubt), there's no way we resign Sap. Comon @Diesel you a vet baby...this shit should be second nature to you by now...you've seen this movie before.