• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't forget that we are the Hawks...

Admin

12 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Certainly not impossible... I mean just look at the anal rape that the Nets just performed on the Lakers... but I'm not holding my breath after Babcock, BK, Sund, Budcox... am I forgetting anyone? Seems like we struck oil once but the well went dry pretty quick and I'm starting to feel like Daniel Plainview in his later years hoping for oil. 

Lopez is an expiring contract.  It'll free up a ton of money once he falls off the books.

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Lopez is an expiring contract.  It'll free up a ton of money once he falls off the books.

Yep but the Nets get by far the best player in the trade. The Lakers will regret trading Russell. 

15 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Yep but the Nets get by far the best player in the trade. The Lakers will regret trading Russell. 

Gonna be hard to regret trading Russell when you're getting a much better fit for your team in Lonzo and ya got Paul George on the way. 

12 minutes ago, Flight said:

Gonna be hard to regret trading Russell when you're getting a much better fit for your team in Lonzo and ya got Paul George on the way. 

They were going to get PG anyway... and right now I don't think the 27th and 28th plus Clarkson will be enough to get PG this year. Surely someone will trump that offer. And Lonzo may be a better fit and a better player but he may be a huge bust and either way we know his dad will bring a lot of negative attention to the franchise. 

12 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

They were going to get PG anyway... and right now I don't think the 27th and 28th plus Clarkson will be enough to get PG this year. Surely someone will trump that offer. And Lonzo may be a better fit and a better player but he may be a huge bust and either way we know his dad will bring a lot of negative attention to the franchise. 

Your saying this as if D'Lo brought a lot of positive attention to the franchise. They dumped a contract that was literally TERRIBLE and a player that has potential but obvious isn't a true point guard in any sense. I'm not sure there's any real regret here with him going to the Nets of all places.

A core of Ball, Ingram, George,  and whoever else is at best a 7th or 8th seed in the West next season. Why not put Russell at the 2 and see how him and Ball fit before breaking up their core? I think the trade is terrible for the Lakers. 

They're banking on their young players not only being legitimate starting contributors on a playoff team but also good period. Magic is definitely gambling.  

10 minutes ago, Flight said:

Your saying this as if D'Lo brought a lot of positive attention to the franchise. They dumped a contract that was literally TERRIBLE and a player that has potential but obvious isn't a true point guard in any sense. I'm not sure there's any real regret here with him going to the Nets of all places.

There's not a lot of positive attention and then there's Lavar Ball attention.  If I'm any major franchise I wouldn't want that headache under any circumstances. And I think that Russell is going to be a very good player. He may not get there this year but I'm still a big fan of his. As to getting rid of a TERRIBLE contract I would take his every day over Baze's contract and yet some still think that Baze can be moved. 

4 minutes ago, Guard said:

A core of Ball, Ingram, George,  and whoever else is at best a 7th or 8th seed in the West next season. Why not put Russell at the 2 and see how him and Ball fit before breaking up their core? I think the trade is terrible for the Lakers. 

They're banking on their young players not only being legitimate starting contributors on a playoff team but also good period. Magic is definitely gambling.  

That's how I feel as well. They looked like a pretty good exciting young team until injuries hit them last year. 

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@kg01 gots no idea why, in @Dolfan23's twisted mind, that "Dlo" is so valuable but Dennis is crap.  Seriously, you gotta 'splain that'n and I'm one of the few that actually likes Russell.

You beat me to it. You don't go from #2 pick to be used to move a bad contract and pick #27.  Lakers were seeking a lottery pick for Russell, almost got a 2nd rounder.

But...why you talking 3rd person @kg01 

8 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

There's not a lot of positive attention and then there's Lavar Ball attention.  If I'm any major franchise I wouldn't want that headache under any circumstances. And I think that Russell is going to be a very good player. He may not get there this year but I'm still a big fan of his. As to getting rid of a TERRIBLE contract I would take his every day over Baze's contract and yet some still think that Baze can be moved. 

Man I think you're overrating the impact Lavar has, you realize this is a franchise that has dealt with their star player having rape allegations amongst many other negative situations surrounding their team that have caused problems. To think that Lavar Ball would cause problems for their team when he's not even on it is a pretty big stretch. He's just been blown out of proportion because of the draft hype, he's not in the locker room or a part of the organization at all. 

And I too think Russell is a great young player and could be great in the league, but he's not the PG that Lonzo is and I don't think the Lakers have even had a PG that  has star potential and makes plays for others since Magic. I think it's worth the risk. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@kg01 gots no idea why, in @Dolfan23's twisted mind, that "Dlo" is so valuable but Dennis is crap.  Seriously, you gotta 'splain that'n and I'm one of the few that actually likes Russell.

How many threads are you going to misquote me in? When have I EVER said that Dennis is crap?  

Russell is 2 years younger, costs a lot less and if I had to bet on one of the 2 expanding their game I would bet on Russell since Dennis has had twice as long to expand his game and hasn't.  

5 minutes ago, Flight said:

Man I think you're overrating the impact Lavar has, you realize this is a franchise that has dealt with their star player having rape allegations amongst many other negative situations surrounding their team that have caused problems. To think that Lavar Ball would cause problems for their team when he's not even on it is a pretty big stretch. He's just been blown out of proportion because of the draft hype, he's not in the locker room or a part of the organization at all. 

And I too think Russell is a great young player and could be great in the league, but he's not the PG that Lonzo is and I don't think the Lakers have even had a PG that  has star potential and makes plays for others since Magic. I think it's worth the risk. 

I think Lavar is absolutely awful for the game and I think he's going to be a major headache for the Lakers and the NBA. he's going to be the Kris Jenner of basketball and that woman should have been force sterilized decades ago. 

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You beat me to it. You don't go from #2 pick to be used to move a bad contract and pick #27.  Lakers were seeking a lottery pick for Russell, almost got a 2nd rounder.

But...why you talking 3rd person @kg01 

Are you saying that the Lakers are the pinnacle of smart decisions? I can't wait to come back to this topic in a couple of years and see how Russell is doing. 

5 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I think Lavar is absolutely awful for the game and I think he's going to be a major headache for the Lakers and the NBA. he's going to be the Kris Jenner of basketball and that woman should have been force sterilized decades ago. 

I've grew up around a lot of families with people like Lavar in them. Trust me, they will be fine. Just like any other athlete's parent that starts making news, they dwindle in the media. Even Iverson and LeBron's moms both got some headlines, but it'll never outshine the play of their child. It's just a phase really, that's how media works. 

Just now, Dolfan23 said:

Are you saying that the Lakers are the pinnacle of smart decisions? I can't wait to come back to this topic in a couple of years and see how Russell is doing. 

D'Angelo will be taking the MCW route. 

Just now, Flight said:

I've grew up around a lot of families with people like Lavar in them. Trust me, they will be fine. Just like any other athlete's parent that starts making news, they dwindle in the media. Even Iverson and LeBron's moms both got some headlines, but it'll never outshine the play of their child. It's just a phase really, that's how media works. 

We'll see... and I know the type of parents that you're talking about but this guy is a new breed of arrogant and loud mouth and I think the Lakers will regret getting into bed with him via Lonzo. On top of that Lonzo has to be able to handle the pressure of LA PLUS his dad and that's a lot to ask of a young kid. 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

D'Angelo will be taking the MCW route. 

Come on now MCW can't shoot and it's tough to really have success long term in the NBA as a PG if you can't shoot. Not exactly a fair comparison. 

34 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

LAL was seeking a lottery pick for Russell. They were surprised at how low his trade value was. So other GMs opinions matter.