• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I have a feeling.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think we see Dennis traded.

I think when you listen closely at the new GM, Howard has a place here.  Yes, he's a complimentary piece, but I think he has a place.   I also think that this GM wants to put his stamp on this job.  Schlenk is an analytics guy.  It has been said of him that he makes decisions by the data.

By the numbers, as a passer...  Dennis is just Average to below average.  Schlenk is going to consider that.   I don't think we can run an offense with all the offensive players we have with a shoot first PG. 

20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think when you listen closely at the new GM, Howard has a place here.  Yes, he's a complimentary piece, but I think he has a place.   I also think that this GM wants to put his stamp on this job.  Schlenk is an analytics guy.  It has been said of him that he makes decisions by the data.

By the numbers, as a passer...  Dennis is just Average to below average.  Schlenk is going to consider that.   I don't think we can run an offense with all the offensive players we have with a shoot first PG. 

But did you see what Dennis did in summer league 3 years ago? That's the true measure of a star and we'd be fools to ever consider trading a Hall of Fame type of player like Dennis

I don't think any of our players should be off the table trade wise. Prince would be the main guy I would want to see around long term. I'd like to see us keep Dwight just because I don't want to go back to having centers that get pushed around easily. 

31 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Image result for picard facepalm animated gif

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Dennis is going to be a hell of player!

Yeah but, let @Dolfan23 tell it, {insert rando draft pick} is gonna be the nexxt Magic Stockton.  'Cause, ya know, draft picks never bust and they walk in as good as Dennis on day 1 every time.

And I got more magic beans for sale if anyone's interested.  What?  But they're magic beans!

If the new man an change trade DS17 , he should be fired asap. If the raptors pg leave an goes to western conference i truly feel Dennis will be an all star next year taking his spot. Did you people watch the playoffs we get outed n 4games if not for HIM so please stop with all the trade DS17 trash. 

Edited by LikejRod29
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah but, let @Dolfan23 tell it, {insert rando draft pick} is gonna be the nexxt Magic Stockton.  'Cause, ya know, draft picks never bust and they walk in as good as Dennis on day 1 every time.

And I got more magic beans for sale if anyone's interested.  What?  But they're magic beans!

Where have I said anything like you're misquoting me on here? We are in a unique position to maximize Dennis' value after his "magic" series against the Wiz and some think he is ready to become a star but you'd rather hang onto him rather than realizing that he is who he is and maybe, just maybe getting a player with as much potential who costs 1/10th what Dennis does. 

Just now, Dolfan23 said:

Where have I said anything like you're misquoting me on here? We are in a unique position to maximize Dennis' value after his "magic" series against the Wiz and some think he is ready to become a star but you'd rather hang onto him rather than realizing that he is who he is and maybe, just maybe getting a player with as much potential who costs 1/10th what Dennis does. 

That depends on how high we are picking because in my opinion after where Jackson is supposedly suppose to be drafted at 4 or 5...I don't see anyone else in this draft that has more potential than Dennis 

so if we not talking about a top 5 pick we not really talking about getting a better player and perhaps I've set the bar too high but the NBA draft is too much of a hit or miss in this era of the NBA. Therefore I rather keep Dennis at his contract that I believe is very fair as he hasn't hit his ceiling yet.

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

That depends on how high we are picking because in my opinion after where Jackson is supposedly suppose to be drafted at 4 or 5...I don't see anyone else in this draft that has more potential than Dennis 

so if we not talking about a top 5 pick we not really talking about getting a better player and perhaps I've set the bar too high but the NBA draft is too much of a hit or miss in this era of the NBA. Therefore I rather keep Dennis at his contract that I believe is very fair as he hasn't hit his ceiling yet.

I'm not talking about trading Dennis for anything lower than a 5th pick at worst unless another lotto pick is added to it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

No untouchables, but Dennis is about as untouchable as they come, imo. Honestly and fully expect that we aren't going to be waiting even one year to hear talk about how much of a value he represents based on the contract he signed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think Diesel had a similar thread last offseason. Teague got traded instead.

Teague as you don't assert himself! He left so much on the court at times.

very different story with Dennis. He leaves it all out on the court and most of the boneheaded things don't come from lack of effort but more so just young and dumb, not as experienced in the NBA yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Ha!

It could happen. Unlike Dwight, I actually love Dennis, so that might upset me. I would get it though. He's not an elite point guard and could be moved to a team that would rather take a sure fire starting level point guard over swinging for the fences on a pick. However without Dwight and Millsap, the Hawks will probably need to start swinging for the fences and it seems like the days playing it safe and running the team back are over. Gotta go get a home grown super star, and if moving Dennis means getting sometime the front office thinks can be that, then so be it.

• Premium Member

I feel like it still happens.  With Dwight Gone, there's more of a chance that Dennis is going too.  If this is a rebuild, it's not based on age with this GM, it's based on the data (efficiency and effectiveness).   Dennis doesn't run an offense so to bring him back would be bad from an analytics point of view.   His assist/bad pass and his passing rating are merely average maybe below average.   I can see him moving to SacTown for their pick.