• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Windhorst: Hawks fielding Sign & Trade Offers for SAP...>TOTAL REBUILD

wolvetigers

2 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I think Bazemore will play a bit better without Howard on the team, but it would still be great to ship him off.

If we stop asking Bazemore to be a PG we might actually get more out of him as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I think Bazemore will play a bit better without Howard on the team, but it would still be great to ship him off.

I agree. Bazemore will be fine coming off of the bench or being a SG next to Prince. He will have his flaws but he is no where near as flawed as he was this season. He will recover and at least be a net average player for us. Clearly not worth his deal but that's why BudCox is fired 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I agree. Bazemore will be fine coming off of the bench or being a SG next to Prince. He will have his flaws but he is no where near as flawed as he was this season. He will recover and at least be a net average player for us. Clearly not worth his deal but that's why BudCox is fired 

I don't think he'll be worth the money being paid, and I don't think he is a 30 MPG player... But he probably would be better coming off the bench for 20 MPG or less like he did before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

having or not having Howard has no bearing on bazemore. He played like absolute garbage last season.

This is false. It has a massive impact. I always mentioned Al covered for Bazemore which allowed Bazemore to overpursue. Also Al was great at ready Bazemore's off the ball movement as well Teague. Bazemore on the ball just isn't any good. Be struggled this year on and off the ball. He will be better,  not much better

Like I said if Sap goes that's it.

Howard absolutely can make a difference in how players play. I never actually thought Bazemore was that good, but he's horrible in my mind if he can't play with a totally spaced out floor. Dennis is honestly not that good without a versatile PNR partner, or one that can try to be, and it's not even clamoring for Al when I say it.

I have said, and will say it again, the main thing that pulled the Hawks out of the first slump was almost totally ditching the Dwight PNR and doing Schröder/Millsap PNR with Millsap as the centerfield playmaker. It worked. People may hate it, but it's the truth, it worked and the Dwight PNR failed.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

This is false. It has a massive impact. I always mentioned Al covered for Bazemore which allowed Bazemore to overpursue. Also Al was great at ready Bazemore's off the ball movement as well Teague. Bazemore on the ball just isn't any good. Be struggled this year on and off the ball. He will be better,  not much better

That has nothing to do with Howard. It isn't Dwight's fault that Bazemore can't stay in front of his man or move his feet. Howard was coached to stay around the paint for boards and shot blocking and he did that superbly, leading us to a top five defense. Bazemore was trash on defense and even worse trash on offense.

You need to stop trying to blame Howard for things he had no control of or you'll start to look like that agenda only person that posted all that nonsense about Dwight.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

That has nothing to do with Howard. It isn't Dwight's fault that Bazemore can't stay in front of his man or move his feet. Howard was coached to stay around the paint for boards and shot blocking and he did that superbly, leading us to a top five defense. Bazemore was trash on defense and even worse trash on offense.

You need to stop trying to blame Howard for things he had no control of or you'll start to look like that agenda only person that posted all that nonsense about Dwight.

I was talking more about Bazemore's shot.

Bazemore is best when he can hustle and shoot without ball handling or passing a lot. It's not saying that he is great, but that's how you're going to get the best use out of him. At his best he is a 15-18 MPG player. He shouldn't be asked to do more, but he isn't worth his contract.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Wait...why would kg be in your house in the morning...?

tumblr_inline_n7bnpdiX5m1ro2d43.gif

His familiarity with @kg01's hands is particularly disturbing, but I vote we just leave this diversion alone and get back to the topic, eh? ;)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, wolvetigers said:

According to the Windhorst vid - the Hawks are fielding offers for SAP, (Kings, Suns, Nuggets,), not sure what value we will be getting back but it looks like our new GM is going for the complete rebuild. But unfortunately, we don't have high draft picks to draft a star player this year. 

Just throwing myself a bone from 2 weeks ago. Notice 2 of the 3 teams mentioned are in my original post.

12 minutes ago, sturt said:

One more grain of salt to swallow.... maybe half a grain, given how rare it is that anyone in radio seems to be right about anything...

I like dat a lot, 'specially if the Dragon and one-of Bledsoe/Knight comes with.

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

His familiarity with @kg01's hands is particularly disturbing, but I vote we just leave this diversion alone and get back to the topic, eh? ;)

Look, keep it up and all-a y'all gon' be familiar wit dees hans ....

Uppercut

So apparently the Rockets are trying to jettison crap to make room for Paul, Lowry, Griffin and Millsap.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-rockets-looking-to-trade-key-players-to-pursue-millsap-lowry-paul-griffin/

Ridic, but that's Morey for ya.  Friggin video game GM.  Seriously, that's how people run their team in Franchise Mode.  Lowry or Paul and Har_en in the same backcourt?  C'mon man.

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

Still sounds like Marvin.  Potential is nothing until it's realized. 

Watch them play, they literally play nothing like Marvin. I'm not sure why that's even a go to comparison for you for players with potential coming into the league. In that case every player in  the draft is a Marvin Williams.

34 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So apparently the Rockets are trying to jettison crap to make room for Paul, Lowry, Griffin and Millsap.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-rockets-looking-to-trade-key-players-to-pursue-millsap-lowry-paul-griffin/

Ridic, but that's Morey for ya.  Friggin video game GM.  Seriously, that's how people run their team in Franchise Mode.  Lowry or Paul and Har_en in the same backcourt?  C'mon man.

Let's help them out! We have nothing to lose. S&T for ryan Anderson and if need be in the future Anderson can be moved easily due to his outstanding shooting ability